thank you for providing the next thread

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am hoping that with the restrictions lifted in Montreal they will go ahead with scheduling us for June. I booked an appointment with the RCMP for next week just in case we don't get scheduled until July. Mine expires the 10th of July :(

This process has been so emotionally draining, I just can't wait for it to finally be over. Looks like another bday apart from the hubbins 😢

Timeline
7 hours ago, Riversong said:

I am hoping that with the restrictions lifted in Montreal they will go ahead with scheduling us for June. I booked an appointment with the RCMP for next week just in case we don't get scheduled until July. Mine expires the 10th of July :(

This process has been so emotionally draining, I just can't wait for it to finally be over. Looks like another bday apart from the hubbins 😢

and also financially draining for paying another RCMP record check. Hope all DQ'd in Sept and Oct will get their IL this week.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

and also financially draining for paying another RCMP record check. Hope all DQ'd in Sept and Oct will get their IL this week.

Right! At least its just the record check. Some had to redo their medicals because of the initial lockdown. Having to pay $540, flight and hotel again would be aweful!

Montreal just shared this on their FB page ...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html?fbclid=IwAR13HUbtdyk4gp1KczFUrpVUK4Mr6zPsw8_p4NilOL9QibHMNUcK9hFUZ18

edit: i just saw this hasnt been updated since April. they just re-shared it. weird. 

Edited by irisheyes123

Timeline

They keep mentioning these substantial backlogs they are experiencing but in theory, because people werent able to get married all throughout covid we surely should see fewer marriages and applicants, shouldnt that give the consulate a great opportunity to catch up on these backlogs? At least in the spouse and K1 category? Correct me if I am wrong. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

A lot of us on this thread had to redo it. Mine expired Feb 2021...I’m DQ’ed Oct 20. We’ll see happens for the ILs 😖 I guess being too prepared can also have its downfalls.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, annierob said:

A lot of us on this thread had to redo it. Mine expired Feb 2021...I’m DQ’ed Oct 20. We’ll see happens for the ILs 😖 I guess being too prepared can also have its downfalls.

Can you confirm me the validity is 12 months for police certificates?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, G_K said:

Can you confirm me the validity is 12 months for police certificates?

image.thumb.png.7f240cb299b8fd4f0847e20d0a3cb3a8.png

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#pre_interview_checklist

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Oh thank you, so that means I need to update only the Canadian Police Certificate, not others related to countries I lived in previously.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

no thread explosions here yet, so everything remains all quiet on the western front?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mikeeastern said:

Already extending my lease for another month. Sadly I don't belive we will have the visa in hand before July. 

Same. Went in today to get a new RCMP check since it expires in July and a June interview doesn’t seem to be within reach.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.