Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 7:52 PM, uapilot said:

We had our interview today. The officer didn't say the case was approved or denied, but a lot of things were implying it would be approved (e.g. "all documentation is present and correct", we signed a statement acknowledging that we'd have to remove conditions after two years). It's 6:40pm where we are, so I'm thinking she already went home for the day, but there's no update to our case at the moment.

A few things that may be of interest that were gray areas when I tried to research them:

- The I-693 deficiency notice is mostly meaningless unless you didn't know your application was supposed to have one. It means your application did not have a medical, but it doesn't imply at all that it was supposed to have one.

- Filling out just the vaccine portion of your medical is A-OK if that's the only thing that was missing from your overseas medical.

- What was a very pleasant surprise was that the officer offered to adjudicate our daughter's I-485 as well (here on K-2) at the same time. My daughter's case was still at NBC after I had responded to the initial RFE. She said that it was possible for her to do so because my daughter's case was electronically filed, and since she's 5 years old, she doesn't need an in-person interview. Since all needed docs were present for her case as well, she would try to adjudicate hers, barring some computer issues.

- She said they're able to access any IOE case even if they're still at the service center, but she still had the paper copy of my wife's case in front of her (permanent record style, starting with the I-129F). This is a plus for electronic filing, but the downside is that the electronic copy of it is very slow to access for them. It pretty much hangs on every single page she tries to load, so the more pages you submitted, the harder it is to evaluate. Take that for what you will; I just know that some people like submitting everything but the kitchen sink as evidence "just in case", but if more forms go electronic and things don't improve speed wise for the officers, I can imagine a case with 400 pages of evidence would be frustrating to adjudicate.

Congrats! Rooting and hoping for no the cases to be approved tomorrow 🙏🏽😊. Could you share more on your interview? if possible. We have our interview tomorrow 🙌🏽

Thanks 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, NR-IC said:

Congrats! Rooting and hoping for no the cases to be approved tomorrow 🙏🏽😊. Could you share more on your interview? if possible. We have our interview tomorrow 🙌🏽

Thanks 😊

It's approved! Still waiting on some notification for our daughter; I think she's still looking at the electronic documents.

I honestly don't have much to add. We were a K-1 case with no complications, so it was a pretty straightforward interview.

They'll probably ask you about how you met, so make sure you have some of the dates and places in back of mind. My wife was pretty nervous and bungled up some of that, but the officer didn't treat it as a gotcha. I think they're just looking for you to share your story, so the main thing is that you have one.

They'll also repeat all of the questions from the I-485 that are serious in nature, e.g. are you a terrorist, were you ever arrested, etc. So if the beneficiary struggles with English, you may want to go over those questions to make sure they're understandable.

As additional evidence, we provided statements from one joint bank account and one credit card, as well as the deed to our new apartment. I also included about 10 photos from the past 6 months or so. So not a huge stack.

Also, looks like you're in Hialeah, but just FYI, it was cold in the Miami office. You might be in there for a while, so you may want to bring a sweater or something and covered shoes.

Edited by uapilot

4 hours ago, uapilot said:

It's approved! Still waiting on some notification for our daughter; I think she's still looking at the electronic documents.

I honestly don't have much to add. We were a K-1 case with no complications, so it was a pretty straightforward interview.

They'll probably ask you about how you met, so make sure you have some of the dates and places in back of mind. My wife was pretty nervous and bungled up some of that, but the officer didn't treat it as a gotcha. I think they're just looking for you to share your story, so the main thing is that you have one.

They'll also repeat all of the questions from the I-485 that are serious in nature, e.g. are you a terrorist, were you ever arrested, etc. So if the beneficiary struggles with English, you may want to go over those questions to make sure they're understandable.

As additional evidence, we provided statements from one joint bank account and one credit card, as well as the deed to our new apartment. I also included about 10 photos from the past 6 months or so. So not a huge stack.

Also, looks like you're in Hialeah, but just FYI, it was cold in the Miami office. You might be in there for a while, so you may want to bring a sweater or something and covered shoes.

Sorry I had a typo on my response 😩. I meant both cases approved. I am glad it’s approved 😊.

Thank so much for the extra details 😊🙌🏽. We are pretty confident and at peace for the interview but it’s always good to get that sense of reassurance that you have everything you need. I will definitely bring something to cover up 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/2/2021 at 7:37 AM, NR-IC said:

Sorry I had a typo on my response 😩. I meant both cases approved. I am glad it’s approved 😊.

Thank so much for the extra details 😊🙌🏽. We are pretty confident and at peace for the interview but it’s always good to get that sense of reassurance that you have everything you need. I will definitely bring something to cover up 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Hope yours went well! Just got approval notification for our daughter today as well. Really appreciate our officer putting in the extra work.

1 hour ago, uapilot said:

Hope yours went well! Just got approval notification for our daughter today as well. Really appreciate our officer putting in the extra work.

Yay! That’s awesome!! Congrats!! 

We got approved as well, but the status has yet to update. Our officer said we should receive the green card in 2-3 weeks. 

Hello July Filers !! 

do we have any movement on our cases ? 
I saw a couple of them already got their green card interviews done already. Others are still waiting for the EAD/AP combo cards to arrive like me maybe? 
How does this work like some people get their Green Card interviews directly while others are waiting for EAD/AP combo cards ?

also, I keep getting an email every Sunday from VJ about the EAD estimated approval dates. Does everyone get the same. ??? 

mine says Feb1, 2022 from last Sunday estimate as per my timeline.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thanks 😃

7 hours ago, RishDan said:

Hello July Filers !! 

do we have any movement on our cases ? 
I saw a couple of them already got their green card interviews done already. Others are still waiting for the EAD/AP combo cards to arrive like me maybe? 
How does this work like some people get their Green Card interviews directly while others are waiting for EAD/AP combo cards ?

also, I keep getting an email every Sunday from VJ about the EAD estimated approval dates. Does everyone get the same. ??? 

mine says Feb1, 2022 from last Sunday estimate as per my timeline.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thanks 😃

Hello, 

no movement from my side since October 18th. 

EAD/AP vs. Greencard are two separate things. Some field offices are much faster than others and that's why some people have their greencard interview already scheduled or even approved, whereas EAD and AP are processed at a benefit center (Missouri I believe) and they handle every case from all over the country. If you get your greencard first, you won't need EAD or AP anymore. I think the combo card was always only meant to be an interims solution, to be able to work and travel while waiting for your greencard. 

I get the same estimate email every Sunday. VJ compares dates from other people with a similar timeline and sends you an estimate. 

7 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Hello, 

no movement from my side since October 18th. 

EAD/AP vs. Greencard are two separate things. Some field offices are much faster than others and that's why some people have their greencard interview already scheduled or even approved, whereas EAD and AP are processed at a benefit center (Missouri I believe) and they handle every case from all over the country. If you get your greencard first, you won't need EAD or AP anymore. I think the combo card was always only meant to be an interims solution, to be able to work and travel while waiting for your greencard. 

I get the same estimate email every Sunday. VJ compares dates from other people with a similar timeline and sends you an estimate. 

@Verocopter Thanks for the detail explanation and that’s what exactly I thought about the difference b/w the two. 
Can we rely on the estimate dates given by VJ these days? I believe the reference timelines would be pre-pandemic ones and not sure how accurate will that be, I really hope everyone get theirs approved soon…

18 hours ago, RishDan said:

Can we rely on the estimate dates given by VJ these days?

I think so, given the user timelines are generated by data that people add to their profiles.

I hope we're close for an interview date, we haven't heard anything since our November RFE. Some June filers here on VJ got scheduled at our field office at the beginning of the month, would make for a great Christmas gift from USCIS. 🎅

Just now, smbathan said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Anyone who got RFE on September and still no response from USCIS??

Still waiting 🥲

Yes, I had an RFE on Sept-14 two days before my biometrics appointment and I replied on Sept-16. Still no response.. 

just be patient and keep waiting. Nothing much we can do from our side I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, smbathan said:

Good Morning Everyone!

Anyone who got RFE on September and still no response from USCIS??

Still waiting 🥲

The wait is killing 😭😭😭 

3 hours ago, smbathan said:

Hello Everyone. Any military spouses in here?

Is it okay to PCS overseas while AOS is pending?? 

Please help!! 😭

Do you already have CS & OCONUS orders with your name on it? If so, you can use those to expedite your case before you guys are due to leave.

Not sure on the technicalities of PCSing with a pending AOS unfortunately... have only seen people PCS and then apply for AOS from their new location.

asdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.