Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Got an RFE notice DATED SEPT 21 It's asking for I-864 again and other documents i already submitted and see in the online account. The only thing is i did notice i submitted the i-864 incorrectly like the right income and household size. I got a immigration lawyer which charged me $50. I rather paid this time because i wanted to make sure i sent it correct and im glad i did because i was confuse on somethings and was going to re-submit wrong a second time.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:19 PM, MsSparkle said:

Hun! I got the exact same letter. And I already sent it all! I looked at my online application and didn't see it uploaded so I am.assuming they lost it. So I am resending it to them.

I got the same letter. 

Met someone at a party last night who filed i485 in May 2020 which is STILL under review. Good news is her husband received EAD and AP by mid Sept 2020. So around the 4 month mark which most people have quoted. Leading me to a question.... does anyone know once you receive your EAD/AP you can get a drivers license/ your own bank account? Or thats only for perm residents aka GC holders?

Just now, FayeAlexandra said:

Met someone at a party last night who filed i485 in May 2020 which is STILL under review. Good news is her husband received EAD and AP by mid Sept 2020. So around the 4 month mark which most people have quoted. Leading me to a question.... does anyone know once you receive your EAD/AP you can get a drivers license/ your own bank account? Or thats only for perm residents aka GC holders?

You EAD allows u to get a SSN  and with that u can get DL and bank acc. 

Just now, MsSparkle said:

You EAD allows u to get a SSN  and with that u can get DL and bank acc. 

Thanks so much!! appreciate it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Thanks so much!! appreciate it

You may also be able to get an SSN now depending on your visa and a DL now depending on your state.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Still nothing on our case.  No biometrics, no RFE, nothing.  Our NOA is July 19.  I'm starting to get a little concerned because it seems like everyone else here has at least had an appointment set for biometrics (if not already done it). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, HBundle said:

Still nothing on our case.  No biometrics, no RFE, nothing.  Our NOA is July 19.  I'm starting to get a little concerned because it seems like everyone else here has at least had an appointment set for biometrics (if not already done it). 

I am in the same boat, but got an RFE for my birth certificate, after that no reply, no biometric, and nothing...

....just getting worried as bcox September filters start getting their biometric as well 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 6:35 PM, HBundle said:

Our PD is July 6th and havent heard anything since, not even the biometrics. 

I sent my RFE response and it got delivered on oct 8 and yet i still havent received a response with at least of sending a notice of them receiving the documents.

I had my biometrics appointment today (horrible picture 😭)

My case status changed to "actively reviewed" (for aos and ead, not for the ap). 

Regarding my RFE from September, it only says "evidence received" after I uploaded my documents.

Edited by Verocopter

39 minutes ago, Verocopter said:

I had my biometrics appointment today (horrible picture 😭)

My case status changed to "actively reviewed" (for aos and ead, not for the ap). 

Regarding my RFE from September, it only says "evidence received" after I uploaded my documents.

Exactly the same for me. Except I had my Biometrics in Sept.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just got interview notice for my K-1 wife a few days ago. At nearly the same time, I got a I-693 deficiency notice since she didn't have the I-693 in her application (she did her medical with vaccines back in March, so it's been less than a year). Not sure what this means. I guess I'll call them and try to figure it out. I really don't want to have to deal with another Civil Surgeon.

I'm also going to try to call in and see if they can do anything about having our daughter's interview on the same day. She hasn't been scheduled yet.

7 hours ago, uapilot said:

Just got interview notice for my K-1 wife a few days ago. At nearly the same time, I got a I-693 deficiency notice since she didn't have the I-693 in her application (she did her medical with vaccines back in March, so it's been less than a year). Not sure what this means. I guess I'll call them and try to figure it out. I really don't want to have to deal with another Civil Surgeon.

I'm also going to try to call in and see if they can do anything about having our daughter's interview on the same day. She hasn't been scheduled yet.

Did you mean the Green card interview notice for K-1 visa ? 

10 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Exactly the same for me. Except I had my Biometrics in Sept.

The same for me since Sept-16 after my biometrics appointment is completed and send the RFE response, the status has not changed since then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.