Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2021 at 1:26 PM, RishDan said:

Thanks for this tip. 
I knew changing the address will further push back and delay the interview process. 
still debating whether to take the job offer or not till everything is done… 

RishDan, my fiance just got approved last Sunday October 17th at the US Embassy Abu Dhabi. The Embassy told her that the Empost would give her a call when her visa packet was ready after 2-3 days, but haven't yet. The Post Office said that the Embassy will send her an email with a tracking number, which is different than what was said at the Embassy. Thursday was a holiday, so it has only been processing for 3 days. I need to know, did the Post Office call you or did the Embassy give you a tracking number? We are hoping she will get the visa packet before her flight this coming Wednesday. Thank you in advance for the help.

Sorry for jumping in this unrelated Forum, but we have been following your timeline for a while now.

Edited by ClosingtheGap

4 minutes ago, ClosingtheGap said:

RishDan, my fiance just got approved last Sunday October 17th at the US Embassy Abu Dhabi and was approved. The Embassy told her that the Empost would give her a call when her visa packet was ready after 2-3 days, but haven't yet. The Post Office said that the Embassy will send her an email with a tracking number, which is different than what was said at the Embassy. Thursday was a holiday, so it has only been processing for 3 days. I need to know, did the Post Office call you or did the Embassy give you a tracking number? We are hoping she will get the visa packet before her flight this coming Wednesday. Thank you in advance for the help.

Sorry for jumping in this unrelated Forum, but we have been following your timeline for a while now.

Hi there 

if I recall it correctly I got a text message from the Empost when my passport was ready for collection, I don’t think the embassy contacted me for that. 
i know it’s a long weekend in UAE due to the religious holiday but I would suggest go to the Deira central post office and check with them , that’s the place where all passport will be delivered. No harm in trying that on Sunday. 
Good luck 👍🏼 

1 minute ago, RishDan said:

Hi there 

if I recall it correctly I got a text message from the Empost when my passport was ready for collection, I don’t think the embassy contacted me for that. 
i know it’s a long weekend in UAE due to the religious holiday but I would suggest go to the Deira central post office and check with them , that’s the place where all passport will be delivered. No harm in trying that on Sunday. 
Good luck 👍🏼 

That's exactly what we will do. Thanks for the quick response.

7 minutes ago, ClosingtheGap said:

That's exactly what we will do. Thanks for the quick response.

You’re welcome ! 
i just double checked my text messages , so I was right that i received a message from Empost that my passport was ready for collection. 
Goodluck 👍🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just now got my biometric appointment which will be on 16th November 2021.Praying for others to get their biometric soon. 

Have a good day to all.

Edited by Myjaan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
20 hours ago, ClosingtheGap said:

RishDan, my fiance just got approved last Sunday October 17th at the US Embassy Abu Dhabi. The Embassy told her that the Empost would give her a call when her visa packet was ready after 2-3 days, but haven't yet. The Post Office said that the Embassy will send her an email with a tracking number, which is different than what was said at the Embassy. Thursday was a holiday, so it has only been processing for 3 days. I need to know, did the Post Office call you or did the Embassy give you a tracking number? We are hoping she will get the visa packet before her flight this coming Wednesday. Thank you in advance for the help.

If you don't mine me asking, how long did it take for you to be scheduled?

So I just got a response back from the RFE response I sent. It basically said they received it and USCIS began working on my case again

28 minutes ago, B&O0302 said:

So I just got a response back from the RFE response I sent. It basically said they received it and USCIS began working on my case again

Same! Got that message last week as well.

Hello July- AOS Filers ! 
Has anyone got GC interview dates yet? 
someone I know from OH state got theirs scheduled for Dec-2 

They filed in July and send their AOS package. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
49 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Hello July- AOS Filers ! 
Has anyone got GC interview dates yet? 
someone I know from OH state got theirs scheduled for Dec-2 

They filed in July and send their AOS package. 

Nov 30, Miami.

RFE for I485 received. Requested everything to be resubmitted:

• Submit a completed and signed I864 with all pages present and current edition.
  • Provide petitioning sponsor's SSN on I864.
  • Provide calculated household size on I864.
  • Provide complete copy of fed. income tax return + W2

We did not include my W2s originally, just used the tax transcripts, but sent those off in addition to everything asked for. Something I noted, the I864 that was submitted at the end of July did expire on Oct. 31, 2021. I wonder if this is an automatic RFE because obviously that date has come and gone, and since no one took action on the case, the form expired. Everything was filled in appropriately and signed, only only guess is that they lost it or are a true stickler for W2s.

Anyone else experience something similar? Or know when the date of form expiration is determined to counted in case?

Edited by JCB86

Timeline
1 hour ago, JCB86 said:

RFE for I485 received. Requested everything to be resubmitted:

• Submit a completed and signed I864 with all pages present and current edition.
  • Provide petitioning sponsor's SSN on I864.
  • Provide calculated household size on I864.
  • Provide complete copy of fed. income tax return + W2

We did not include my W2s originally, just used the tax transcripts, but sent those off in addition to everything asked for. Something I noted, the I864 that was submitted at the end of July did expire on Oct. 31, 2021. I wonder if this is an automatic RFE because obviously that date has come and gone, and since no one took action on the case, the form expired. Everything was filled in appropriately and signed, only only guess is that they lost it or are a true stickler for W2s.

Anyone else experience something similar? Or know when the date of form expiration is determined to counted in case?

They generally RFE for no good reason other than for your case to have an update within the required 90 day window. Sometimes it's because they lost documents at some point in the process.

We got an RFE for I-864, birth and marriage certificates. We resubmitted everything exactly the same online (except possibly in poorer quality since we didn't have a scanner) and had an interview scheduled about a month later.

15 minutes ago, uapilot said:

They generally RFE for no good reason other than for your case to have an update within the required 90 day window. Sometimes it's because they lost documents at some point in the process.

We got an RFE for I-864, birth and marriage certificates. We resubmitted everything exactly the same online (except possibly in poorer quality since we didn't have a scanner) and had an interview scheduled about a month later.

Yeah, it does completely bewilder me how often the possibility is "lost documents". Application aside, it's pretty personal information and could amount to a great deal of harm especially when something like the I864 gets misplaced.

But I digress. If we follow your timeline, I'd be more than thrilled with an interview in a month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, uapilot said:

While I agree with the concept, I don't think the 90 day window you mentioned is accurate.  Our application is currently on day 108 of no response (no RFE, no biometrics, nothing since the NOA). 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, HBundle said:

While I agree with the concept, I don't think the 90 day window you mentioned is accurate.  Our application is currently on day 108 of no response (no RFE, no biometrics, nothing since the NOA). 

Well, I never said they were consistent. 😆

This isn't my idea, just something a lot of people have suggested based on the fact that:

• They re-request a LOT of documents that people have already sent in. Seems like almost everyone has this experience. They can't be this bad at keeping files in the right folders.
  • You're allowed to request an inquiry into case status if you haven't had an update in over 90 days.
  • USCIS has no vehicle for updating your case except for 1) moving your case forward a step or 2) requesting an RFE. If they haven't been able to get to your case, the assumption is that they'd rather pretend they lost stuff than move forward a case that potentially should not be moved forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.