Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, uapilot said:

Correct, the final interview.

Oh great, congratulations!! 
may I know what’s your field office location? 
it’s good news that July- AOS filers are getting the Interview Notice this fast 😊

Did you already get your EAD (work permit card) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, RishDan said:

Oh great, congratulations!! 
may I know what’s your field office location? 
it’s good news that July- AOS filers are getting the Interview Notice this fast 😊

Did you already get your EAD (work permit card) 

Yea, it was a bit unexpected. Reading the stats for our FO, I knew they were moving at a steady clip, not as fast as Detroit or Chicago, but faster than our old FO of Washington. Certainly not 5-6 months fast though.

Miami, FL field office. We didn't get EAD yet. Just did our biometrics on 9/27.

10 minutes ago, uapilot said:

Yea, it was a bit unexpected. Reading the stats for our FO, I knew they were moving at a steady clip, not as fast as Detroit or Chicago, but faster than our old FO of Washington. Certainly not 5-6 months fast though.

Miami, FL field office. We didn't get EAD yet. Just did our biometrics on 9/27.

That's great news! 

Just now I got a call from another friend in OH state about the same message - he was a July Filer as well and got his interview notice today morning.

Good luck with the interview and thanks for the update!!

Anyone know the success rate of expediting EAD via congressman? and how soon is it going to be approved?

I am currently in school and my family took a hit in my home country because COVID's now peaking there. So I had to take out a private loan to pay for school, spouse is in a 6 year graduate program, so can't contribute financially. Expedited via EMMA 3 three weeks ago, but zero response from USCIS (didn't even ask for evidence). So I just asked my congressman office to assist and they just sent the request out along with my private loan statement on Friday (Oct 15).

Edited by bomem

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, bomem said:

Anyone know the success rate of expediting EAD via congressman? and how soon is it going to be approved?

I am currently in school and my family took a hit in my home country because COVID's now peaking there. So I had to take out a private loan to pay for school, spouse is in a 6 year graduate program, so can't contribute financially. Expedited via EMMA 3 three weeks ago, but zero response from USCIS (didn't even ask for evidence). So I just asked my congressman office to assist and they just sent the request out along with my private loan statement on Friday (Oct 15).

Hi bomem,

USCIS is really serious about verifying proof of financial loss. The proof that they asked me was a pending job offer so you must have this.

You will get an email from USCIS about a month after your expedite request to fax “proof of financial loss such as a pending job offer”. This was the exact word from the email I received so not sure if your private loan will qualify as USCIS strictly asks for a pending job offer.

As for expediting via congressman, not sure if it helps. Below is my timeline and my job offer will expire soon:

Expedite request: Sept 3

Requested assistance to a Member of Congress: Sept 28

Email received from USCIS to send proof of a pending job offer: Oct 1

Faxed requested proof: Oct 1

USCIS response to Member of Congress: Oct 14 below. In short, using your Senator or Congressman/woman is not as helpful. They just “inquire” and advocate on your behalf. They cannot influence how fast USCIS can work.

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. This case will be routed for expedited processing. Once this case is reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjudicated as soon as possible”

Also, I emphasize to everyone: Only request expedite if you have a real “severe financial loss to a person or company” or any other qualifying event in the expedite page. My member of congress told me that everyone is asking for expedite whether it has merit or not. As a result, the people who are not supposed to be expediting are taking precious times for people with real “severe financial loss”. USCIS will just deny those people who cannot prove it.

23 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Hi bomem,

USCIS is really serious about verifying proof of financial loss. The proof that they asked me was a pending job offer so you must have this.

You will get an email from USCIS about a month after your expedite request to fax “proof of financial loss such as a pending job offer”. This was the exact word from the email I received so not sure if your private loan will qualify as USCIS strictly asks for a pending job offer.

As for expediting via congressman, not sure if it helps. Below is my timeline and my job offer will expire soon:

Expedite request: Sept 3

Requested assistance to a Member of Congress: Sept 28

Email received from USCIS to send proof of a pending job offer: Oct 1

Faxed requested proof: Oct 1

USCIS response to Member of Congress: Oct 14 below. In short, using your Senator or Congressman/woman is not as helpful. They just “inquire” and advocate on your behalf. They cannot influence how fast USCIS can work.

“Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter. This case will be routed for expedited processing. Once this case is reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjudicated as soon as possible”

Also, I emphasize to everyone: Only request expedite if you have a real “severe financial loss to a person or company” or any other qualifying event in the expedite page. My member of congress told me that everyone is asking for expedite whether it has merit or not. As a result, the people who are not supposed to be expediting are taking precious times for people with real “severe financial loss”. USCIS will just deny those people who cannot prove it.

Thank you for the detailed response! That does make sense. I just received a job offer (will be expired in a month) today that comes with a contingency that I am authorized to work (I applied full time position but they gave me an internship instead because I'm still in school). I think I'm going to reach out to my congressman to see if I can add that to my request as supporting evidence.

Edited by bomem

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bomem said:

Thank you for the detailed response! That does make sense. I just received a job offer (will be expired in a month) today that comes with a contingency that I am authorized to work (I applied full time position but they gave me an internship instead because I'm still in school). I think I'm going to reach out to my congressman to see if I can add that to my request as supporting evidence.

Yes, please make sure to include that job offer in the supporting documents. Good luck to you! I hope you are successful.

14 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Yes, please make sure to include that job offer in the supporting documents. Good luck to you! I hope you are successful.

Thank you! I'm contacting my congressman tomorrow to see if they will be able to add this to the submitted request.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:49 PM, uapilot said:

Just got interview notice for my K-1 wife a few days ago. At nearly the same time, I got a I-693 deficiency notice since she didn't have the I-693 in her application (she did her medical with vaccines back in March, so it's been less than a year). Not sure what this means. I guess I'll call them and try to figure it out. I really don't want to have to deal with another Civil Surgeon.

I'm also going to try to call in and see if they can do anything about having our daughter's interview on the same day. She hasn't been scheduled yet.

Wow congrats. That's record timing!

A general question: 

If we decide to relocate to a different state after getting the EAD (work permit) and a job Offer, How would the Green Card interview process take place ? 
will the case be transferred to a different field office where you’ll be relocating to the state for the Job or still be processed in the state you applied for and just come attend the interview ? 
Just thinking out aloud and looking at a bigger picture how this will work if we decide to relocate. 
Thanks in advance for any feedback from you guys here! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Biometrics completed and case status updated to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS, hopefully the rest of the process will be faster

Edited by Treasure1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, RishDan said:

A general question: 

If we decide to relocate to a different state after getting the EAD (work permit) and a job Offer, How would the Green Card interview process take place ? 
will the case be transferred to a different field office where you’ll be relocating to the state for the Job or still be processed in the state you applied for and just come attend the interview ? 
Just thinking out aloud and looking at a bigger picture how this will work if we decide to relocate. 

Once you relocate,  update your new address with USCIS, your interview will definitely be rerouted to the field office servicing your new address

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, RishDan said:

A general question: 

Beyond what was already said, if your case is already at your old field office (i.e. the service center finished processing it), it may take something like a month for it to be transferred to the new field office after the address change has taken place.

Also, once the change of address is processed, you will receive an email confirmation. I would call in/write to Emma if this confirmation doesn't arrive within 3-4 weeks.

Edited by uapilot

Just now, uapilot said:

Beyond what was already said, if your case is already at your old field office (i.e. the service center finished processing it), it may take something like a month for it to be transferred to the new field office after the address change has taken place.

Also, once the change of address is processed, you will receive an email confirmation. I would call in/write to Emma if this confirmation doesn't arrive within 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for this tip. 
I knew changing the address will further push back and delay the interview process. 
still debating whether to take the job offer or not till everything is done… 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.