Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So I checked my account yesterday and we received an RFE for things that we have sent (in line with other people) but maybe not scanned in correctly. Much too my surprise, when I opened the letter I got today, we got a biometrics date of 10/6!

The bio date isn't in our USCIS account. I didn't realize you could get a date if you received an RFE

Edited by jammer742
Clarification

Some good news today, received biometric appointment 🙌🏽 set for 08 October. Does anyone now how long after biometric will I receive my Social security number and work permit?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Jess&Eice said:

Some good news today, received biometric appointment 🙌🏽 set for 08 October. Does anyone now how long after biometric will I receive my Social security number and work permit?

Recipients of K-1 visas can file for an SSN immediately after marriage, they don't have to wait for work authorization. The SS card will say that you are not allowed to work without an EAD card.

As far as EAD, it all depends on your service center and can vary greatly for unclear reasons. Unfortunately, a lot of folks are getting their EAD only 1-2 months before they get their green card, which is not a great sign.

Timeline

Just got the bio notification for my daughter today as well, before my wife had her appointment! 🥳 That means we can do both in one day.

Gotta celebrate the little things. 😂

5 minutes ago, Sherbird said:

Hi everyone, I filed my AOS in July and just got biometric appointment notice. Is it possible to apply for AP right now?

You should have applied when you sent the whole AOS packet along with EAD. You can apply now, include copy of NOA1 so the fee will be waived. 

18 hours ago, Treasure1 said:

Still yet to be scheduled for biometrics 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Same. It's been almost 2 months now 🥺

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Treasure1 said:

Still yet to be scheduled for biometrics 😭😭😭😭😭😭

We are all in same type of boat but at different locations........waiting game going on for us.....wait,wait and wait

Just found out about this thread. What a wholesome community!

I just did my biometrics today. Hope everyone who hasn't will get theirs soon!

My case was immediately updated to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

Timeline
1 minute ago, bomem said:

Just found out about this thread. What a wholesome community!

I just did my biometrics today. Hope everyone who hasn't will get theirs soon!

My case was immediately updated to "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS".

Oooh, "Actively", sounds athletic. 😹 🏃‍♀️

Hi everyone,

I just received an RFE 😞

They want:

- Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
- Provide the petitioning sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864.
- Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864.
- Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor’s Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year.

They have the completed and signed I-864 (with the current edition date), the SSN and the tax transcripts. The householdsize we added was 2. Is this right? It is only me and my husband (the sponsor). As supporting documents for the I-864 we included in our original packet: Birth certificate, passport page, 2018-2020 tax return transcripts, employment verification letter, most recent three month's pay stubs. Now we are gathering all sorts of tax papers, 1040, W2, 1099.... it's already about 50 pages that I will have to scan and upload... Am I missing something?

I'm worried now 😞 

1 minute ago, Verocopter said:

Hi everyone,

I just received an RFE 😞

They want:

- Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
- Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864.
- Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor’s Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year.

They have the completed and signed I-864 (with the current edition date), the SSN and the tax transcripts. The householdsize we added was 2. Is this right? It is only me and my husband (the sponsor). As supporting documents for the I-864 we included in our original packet: Birth certificate, passport page, 2018-2020 tax return transcripts, employment verification letter, most recent three month's pay stubs. Now we are gathering all sorts of tax papers, 1040, W2, 1099.... it's already about 50 pages that I will have to scan and upload... Am I missing something?

I'm worried now 😞 

Hun! I got the exact same letter. And I already sent it all! I looked at my online application and didn't see it uploaded so I am.assuming they lost it. So I am resending it to them.

4 minutes ago, Verocopter said:

Hi everyone,

I just received an RFE 😞

They want:

I'm worried now 😞 

Did you concurrently file? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.