Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, uapilot said:

The running theory is that they issue those redundant RFEs in order to meet requirements for a case to have an update of any kind within a certain amount of time. RFEs are the only update they technically can issue without moving your case forward, and since they can't move it forward yet, they just issue a random RFE. Some of it is hearsay, but I think an alleged USCIS employee confirmed it on reddit.

Interesting 🤔. However, we are all July 2021 filers so we are all within processing time and it is actually moving faster than some filers. I do not think they owe us an update if we are within the processing times on their website. I think the contractor just messed up and they truly lost some of our documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, chancecody said:

Interesting 🤔. However, we are all July 2021 filers so we are all within processing time and it is actually moving faster than some filers. I do not think they owe us an update if we are within the processing times on their website. I think the contractor just messed up and they truly lost some of our documents.

I think the time frame is that they need to update our case in some way within 90 days since the last update (similar to how we have to respond to RFEs within 90 days). So for July filers, we're coming up on that deadline for many of them.

As an engineer, I also think that with the number of cases they're working with, it's unlikely whey would be going through them one by one, checking everyone's date, and making sure they haven't had an update in the last 90 days. If it was me, I would search the cases for receipt dates in July, that are still stuck in the service center (i.e. not waiting for interview) and mass send out an RFE for a birth certificate. This is why some people with bio appointments are getting RFEs. There's just too many cases to be checking them granularly like that.

Again, I'm speculating here, but if I was running the place and had tens of thousands of cases and thousands of people under me, this is how I would be meeting legal mandates.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, uapilot said:

I think the time frame is that they need to update our case in some way within 90 days since the last update (similar to how we have to respond to RFEs within 90 days). So for July filers, we're coming up on that deadline for many of them.

As an engineer, I also think that with the number of cases they're working with, it's unlikely whey would be going through them one by one, checking everyone's date, and making sure they haven't had an update in the last 90 days. If it was me, I would search the cases for receipt dates in July, that are still stuck in the service center (i.e. not waiting for interview) and mass send out an RFE for a birth certificate. This is why some people with bio appointments are getting RFEs. There's just too many cases to be checking them granularly like that.

Again, I'm speculating here, but if I was running the place and had tens of thousands of cases and thousands of people under me, this is how I would be meeting legal mandates.

I honestly started to have the same theory.. 

Timeline

Did our biometrics this Monday. In and out, ten minutes. Our daughter had hers scheduled in October in another state, but they didn't care at all, so long as we had the appointment letter.

Also a note, my wife has her married name on the I-485 and her maiden name on her passport, but they told us to leave the marriage certificate and other proof of name change in the car. They didn't need it for the bio appointment.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, Stacy&Kerisha said:

That’s too long they responded to us on like 10 days

Sent an email via online USCIS Account and still no response for the typographic error in my First name..

Does anyone know a number to talk to an agent from USCIS ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Sent an email via online USCIS Account and still no response for the typographic error in my First name..

My wife did her biometrics today and they told her they will update it in the system but she needs to also call the number on the appointment letter.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, RishDan said:

1-800-375-5283

You'll have to play around with options a bit to get a live person though. I think you just keep asking for "case status".

5 hours ago, Stacy&Kerisha said:

My wife did her biometrics today and they told her they will update it in the system but she needs to also call the number on the appointment letter.

I was also told the same thing at the time of my biometrics but I want successful in talking to a live agent over the phone in the number given in the appointment letter 

We’re you successful in talking to someone in that number ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, RishDan said:

I was also told the same thing at the time of my biometrics but I want successful in talking to a live agent over the phone in the number given in the appointment letter 

We’re you successful in talking to someone in that number ? 

No we we'rent able to talk to anyone.

Hello Guys !! 
has anyone got an email from VJ like this ? 
It said the latest EAD approval estimate

March 2022

Does it really take this long ?? 
I’ve talked to some people who got theirs within 3-4 months time after biometrics appointment, but again that was pre-pandemic situation 

I really hope it doesn’t take this long to get EAD and AP !! 😯😪

A95A0B09-030E-47F7-A87F-CB3437226304.jpeg

Edited by RishDan

Timeline
13 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Hello Guys !! 
has anyone got an email from VJ like this ? 
It said the latest EAD approval estimate

March 2022

Does it really take this long ?? 
I’ve talked to some people who got theirs within 3-4 months time after biometrics appointment, but again that was pre-pandemic situation 

I really hope it doesn’t take this long to get EAD and AP !! 😯😪

Receiving your EAD right before your green card, or not at all (because you receive your green card first), is not uncommon.

On 10/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, RishDan said:

I spoke to someone in the height of covid (June last year) and got her EAD 10 weeks after biometrics. However I think long term its just got worse.

2 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

I spoke to someone in the height of covid (June last year) and got her EAD 10 weeks after biometrics. However I think long term its just got worse.

Well 10 weeks is a good timeline 

I think it also has a lot to do with your Field office or maybe which state your case is processed ? 
just thinking out loud. 
well hopefully all July Filers get their EAD/AP approved ASAP!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, RishDan said:

Well 10 weeks is a good timeline 

I think it also has a lot to do with your Field office or maybe which state your case is processed ? 
just thinking out loud. 
well hopefully all July Filers get their EAD/AP approved ASAP!! 

Hello,

Your local field office does not process I-765 but rather it is the service center. Below are the current processing times from USCIS for “based on a pending i-485 adjustment application (c)(9).” I have also included the methodology on what it means in the second link. 

NBC SC 9 months to 9.5 months

Nebrasca SC 9.5 to 10.5 months

Potomac SC 4 months to 5.5 months (this SC does not have a line for (C)(9) so not sure if they process it here

Texas SC 10 months to 10.5 months

Vermont SC 5 months to 13 months

For those unfortunate to get California SC: 20 months to 21.5 months

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Below will explain to you the methodology of how they calculate and what the lower and upper value means.

Estimated time range: This column lists case processing times as a range for select forms and locations. The lower value of the range is the time it took us to adjudicate 50% of our cases. The upper value of the range is the time it took us to complete 93% of our cases. See below for a description of how these ranges are calculated.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/more-info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.