Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, RishDan said:

will it be possible to take it with me for my biometrics interview appointment today and submit ? Or should I submit it online via USCIS account?? 

I don’t think that would be allowed, biometrics are separate from processing. You should definitely submit if online to be safe since that’s standard practice 😊 good luck! Keep us posted. 

14 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Thanks ! 
Yes, the RFE was sent yesterday and it is asking a copy of mu birth certificate 

will it be possible to take it with me for my biometrics interview appointment today and submit ? Or should I submit it online via USCIS account?? 

Submit it online. I submitted it online as well couple weeks ago. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Thanks ! 
Yes, the RFE was sent yesterday and it is asking a copy of mu birth certificate 

The people at the biometrics facilities are contractors. All they know are fingerprints and photos and where to put them.

1 hour ago, HarryHerc said:

Submit it online. I submitted it online as well couple weeks ago. 

Yes, I think I will upload them online today itself. The RFE just asked a copy of birth certificate. 
Will keep you guys posted. 

4 hours ago, powerpuff said:

I don’t think that would be allowed, biometrics are separate from processing. You should definitely submit if online to be safe since that’s standard practice 😊 good luck! Keep us posted. 

Hello Guys

so here’s my updates: 

AOS Process:

NOA1 Notice on July 24 -3 NOA1s 

Biometrics appointment- Aug 21 received notice appointment scheduled on Sept-16 

RFE Notice received on Sept-14 asking birth certificate 

Finished my biometrics appointment today and it was super seamless process- It was done in like 10 min.

I had an issue with a typographical error in my first name but they said I will have to call the customer service to address that before they issue the card. 

Does anyone know the customer service number to talk an actual live agent and was successful in doing so ???

Now both the case status -(I-485 & I-765) says

“ Case is being actively Reviewed By USCIS” 

But the Form- I-131 Application to travel document is the same , didn’t change. 

1 minute ago, RishDan said:

Hello Guys

so here’s my updates: 

AOS Process:

NOA1 Notice on July 24 -3 NOA1s 

Biometrics appointment- Aug 21 received notice appointment scheduled on Sept-16 

RFE Notice received on Sept-14 asking birth certificate 

Finished my biometrics appointment today and it was super seamless process- It was done in like 10 min.

I had an issue with a typographical error in my first name but they said I will have to call the customer service to address that before they issue the card. 

Does anyone know the customer service number to talk an actual live agent and was successful in doing so ???

Now both the case status -(I-485 & I-765) says

“ Case is being actively Reviewed By USCIS” 

But the Form- I-131 Application to travel document is the same , didn’t change. 

Great congratulations! Whats your FO?

14 hours ago, HarryHerc said:

Great congratulations! Whats your FO?

Morning Guys ! 
Just a few questions moving ahead with our AOS process 

What happens after our biometrics appointment? 
I believe we will have another set of interview for the green card right, 

What about work-permit (I-765) will that also have an interview or does it get approved or denied first, then green card application process will start ? 
Just wondering what will be the process after biometrics is given. 
Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
TIA 

2 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Morning Guys ! 
Just a few questions moving ahead with our AOS process 

What happens after our biometrics appointment? 
I believe we will have another set of interview for the green card right, 

What about work-permit (I-765) will that also have an interview or does it get approved or denied first, then green card application process will start ? 
Just wondering what will be the process after biometrics is given. 
Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
TIA 

Next step is EAD/AP approval. Just wait on that. If you want you can expedite that as well based on financial or humanitarian basis. Sometimes uscis dont give ead and straight send the application to interview phase. 

2 minutes ago, HarryHerc said:

Next step is EAD/AP approval. Just wait on that. If you want you can expedite that as well based on financial or humanitarian basis. Sometimes uscis dont give ead and straight send the application to interview phase. 

Thanks ! 
but my AP form (I-131) still say the old status , “Notice was sent” it didn’t change like the other two. 
is that the same for you as well ? 

Just now, RishDan said:

Thanks ! 
but my AP form (I-131) still say the old status , “Notice was sent” it didn’t change like the other two. 

I haven’t done my biometrics yet. And thats fine when they approve ead they will approve ap as well at the same time

Just now, HarryHerc said:

I haven’t done my biometrics yet. And thats fine when they approve ead they will approve ap as well at the same time

Ok. Thanks for the information and good luck with your case! 
hope it goes well for you. 

50 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Thanks ! 

That’s normal. Biometrics aren’t needed to process travel document.

After biometrics you will just wait until they will send you a notice with an interview date. This will depend on your LFO. EAD/AP usually come before your GC interview but some people had their GC interviews first, they were just lucky I guess to have their interviews so soon. Plus processing times for EAD and AP are ridiculous as of late. Used to be maximum 3 months wait few years ago. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

My mom just had her biometrics done and the status on both I-485 and I-130 changed to “Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS”. We applied On July 20 and our office is in Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.