Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JCB86 said:

Did you concurrently file? 

we filed aos, ead and ap together if that's what you mean

Just now, Verocopter said:

we filed aos, ead and ap together if that's what you mean

Yeah, that's what I mean. Did you include an I864 for each application? 

10 minutes ago, MsSparkle said:

Hun! I got the exact same letter. And I already sent it all! I looked at my online application and didn't see it uploaded so I am.assuming they lost it. So I am resending it to them.

So you'll only re-upload the form itself and not include all sorts of tax papers? 

Edited by Verocopter

3 minutes ago, JCB86 said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Did you include an I864 for each application? 

I864 is only needed for the I485

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Verocopter said:

Hi everyone,

I just received an RFE 😞

They want:

- Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
- Provide the petitioning sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864.
- Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864.
- Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor’s Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year.

They have the completed and signed I-864 (with the current edition date), the SSN and the tax transcripts. The householdsize we added was 2. Is this right? It is only me and my husband (the sponsor). As supporting documents for the I-864 we included in our original packet: Birth certificate, passport page, 2018-2020 tax return transcripts, employment verification letter, most recent three month's pay stubs. Now we are gathering all sorts of tax papers, 1040, W2, 1099.... it's already about 50 pages that I will have to scan and upload... Am I missing something?

I'm worried now 😞 

These exact things just happen to me plus my marriage certificate (which I sent to them a certified copy of) is going to take me more than 10 days to have a new certified copy. I'm sure they lost these documents. 

Right, but depending on how they review your applications, I thought the I485 goes to a different person and the EAD goes to a different person, etc. so if it was a way they dispersed papers, maybe something got shuffled into the wrong category and to the wrong person.

10 minutes ago, HarryHerc said:

Seeing that bunch of you guys got rfe. I got a rfe 2-3 weeks ago for my birth certificate and I uploaded it on myuscis account online. Pretty easy and faster than sending by mail. Just sharing my experience.

Ja that's what I'll need to do as well but it's not just one page but probably around 60... that's crazy

18 minutes ago, Iscar Lugo said:

These exact things just happen to me plus my marriage certificate (which I sent to them a certified copy of) is going to take me more than 10 days to have a new certified copy. I'm sure they lost these documents. 

You do not need a certified copy. Regular copy is fine. Several years ago they used to request certified copies but not in the last 5 years at least. 

5 minutes ago, Verocopter said:

Ja that's what I'll need to do as well but it's not just one page but probably around 60... that's crazy

Btw, it’s six months of pay stubs, not three.

See the checklist on https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

so you guys, would you only upload the stuff they asked for or treat the whole thing as brand new affidavit?

1 hour ago, Verocopter said:

As supporting documents for the I-864 we included in our original packet: Birth certificate, passport page, 2018-2020 tax return transcripts, employment verification letter, most recent three month's pay stubs.

This is what I’m referring to. Just an FYI that they ask for six months pay stubs, not three. 

regarding RFE, only submit what they’re asking for, nothing more and nothing less. If they wanted supporting financial documents, they would have indicated that.

Edited by powerpuff

13 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

This is what I’m referring to. Just an FYI that they ask for six months pay stubs, not three. 

regarding RFE, only submit what they’re asking for, nothing more and nothing less. If they wanted supporting financial documents, they would have indicated that.

Ja, I see that now. The list provided in here said 3 months. 

Thank you, I'll only submit what they are asking for, a new form including the social security number and the household size of 2 (it's only me and him) and the tax stuff.

2 hours ago, powerpuff said:

You do not need a certified copy. Regular copy is fine. Several years ago they used to request certified copies but not in the last 5 years at least. 

Btw, it’s six months of pay stubs, not three.

See the checklist on https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

I thought these were add-ons and not a for sure requirement? 🤨

As I read it I was under the impression that only really this part is the minimum required:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income.

asdf

4 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I thought these were add-ons and not a for sure requirement? 🤨

As I read it I was under the impression that only really this part is the minimum required:

On p. 16 it says this: 

The following items must be submitted with Form I-864:

For ALL sponsors:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three tax years, pay stubs from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these items will help you qualify.

If you merely send tax returns, you’re very likely to receive RFE to submit more financial evidence. To avoid RFEs and subsequent delays, you should throw everything you got at them. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.