karimg

i-751 REJECTED and GC expiring in 15 days

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all!

I was freaking out because I haven't received any notice of info on our i-751 packet. 

Mailed USPS 1/5

Delivered on 1/7

We have been reading the forum and catching on the ongoing delays on processing the payments and sending out receipt notices so we weren't worried at all about it and figured it was normal given the chaotic year we had. But given that today, 3/4 I'm 16 days away from my card expiring, I called this morning because I was concerned about it. And the USCIS phone lady told me that the application was rejected because of payment issues. We triple checked what we sent out, Payment was there, it was correct. She couldn't give me specifics as to why  but told me they emailed the packet back two days ago, on 3/2. She opened a service item request and technically someone has to call back to see if there's anything that can be done due to USCIS' delay but that can take anything from 15-20 business days.

At that point I started balling my eyes out because I've been laid off due to covid-company-readjustments and I literally just got a job offer YESTERDAY. On a regular basis, for the USCIS, it takes something between 15-20 days to hear back that they received our packet or denied the payment...  it took 2 months for us to hear back.  We did it at the beginning of our window to do so, expecting this delays.

I know that the minute we receive the packet we'll mail it all back to them with overnight delivery, that's not the issue.  Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to resolve anything with the service item request? I really don't want to lose a job that took me so long to find, I would very much appreciate any insight or help or reassurance things are moving faster (although I see they're not). 

2 minutes ago, karimg said:

Hi all!

I was freaking out because I haven't received any notice of info on our i-751 packet. 

Mailed USPS 1/5

Delivered on 1/7

We have been reading the forum and catching on the ongoing delays on processing the payments and sending out receipt notices so we weren't worried at all about it and figured it was normal given the chaotic year we had. But given that today, 3/4 I'm 16 days away from my card expiring, I called this morning because I was concerned about it. And the USCIS phone lady told me that the application was rejected because of payment issues. We triple checked what we sent out, Payment was there, it was correct. She couldn't give me specifics as to why  but told me they emailed the packet back two days ago, on 3/2. She opened a service item request and technically someone has to call back to see if there's anything that can be done due to USCIS' delay but that can take anything from 15-20 business days.

At that point I started balling my eyes out because I've been laid off due to covid-company-readjustments and I literally just got a job offer YESTERDAY. On a regular basis, for the USCIS, it takes something between 15-20 days to hear back that they received our packet or denied the payment...  it took 2 months for us to hear back.  We did it at the beginning of our window to do so, expecting this delays.

I know that the minute we receive the packet we'll mail it all back to them with overnight delivery, that's not the issue.  Has this happened to anyone else? Were you able to resolve anything with the service item request? I really don't want to lose a job that took me so long to find, I would very much appreciate any insight or help or reassurance things are moving faster (although I see they're not). 

Whoa, take a deep breath. Your status as a permanent resident doesn't expire the minute your 2-year GC expires. You also do not need your GC for the new job. You can provide your SSN with your driver's license as proof of employment authorization in the USA. 

Timeline
Just now, mushroomspore said:

Whoa, take a deep breath. Your status as a permanent resident doesn't expire the minute your 2-year GC expires. You also do not need your GC for the new job. You can provide your SSN with your driver's license as proof of employment authorization in the USA. 

Really? Wouldn't I get in trouble for working while the GC is expired? Isn't this going to affect my eligibility?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why wait for the old packet? Cancel the MO (if you have the receipt) or check and refile a new one ASAP.

It may take a month before it gets back to you. Why would you wait to receive it to check if you were right? USCIS has rejected it. Save time. When you get the other, just trash it. Understand what I mean?

And if you were paying with credit card, I would suggest get a MO. Credit card payments have been known to cause issues.

Fee for I-751 is $680

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

50 minutes ago, karimg said:

Wouldn't I get in trouble for working while the GC is expired?

Your current employer shouldn't even ask for new documentation: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/complete-correct-form-i-9/completing-section-3-reverification-and-rehires

Employers should not reverify:

• U.S. citizens and noncitizen nationals
  • Lawful permanent residents who presented a Form I-551, Permanent Resident or Alien Registration Receipt card for Section 2. This includes conditional residents.
  • List B documents
43 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

They MUST accept either a document from List A or a combination of the right documents from Lists B and C. It is up to the employee what documents they want to provide.

image.png.2bca407b8a72139a115d0ac26cbd4c0f.png

Just a note that the SSN card must be unrestricted for List C purposes. The Page you shared clearly states that in Row 1 of List C column.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

How did you pay?

Did you speak to a Tier 2 officer? If not, trust nothing that Tier 1 tells you.  I have yet to read a single example on VJ or Reddit of a tier 1 doing anything useful or saying anything that was correct.  

As others wrote, take a deep breath.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

How did you pay?

Did you speak to a Tier 2 officer? If not, trust nothing that Tier 1 tells you.  I have yet to read a single example on VJ or Reddit of a tier 1 doing anything useful or saying anything that was correct.  

As others wrote, take a deep breath.  

We paid with credit card. She was a Tier 1 and just said that the systems says it was a payment issue (we verified the cc info and the card of course had enough balance to accept the 680 charge).

- -
I'm sorry for the intensity, I just have been on this position before - when I was an F1. I got a great job opportunity with a top company and my school supervisor didn't know what was legal and wasn't and lost on that opportunity just cause she didn't want to sign a paper. So I was going through some serious PTSD from that time. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, karimg said:

We paid with credit card. She was a Tier 1 and just said that the systems says it was a payment issue (we verified the cc info and the card of course had enough balance to accept the 680 charge).

Does your credit card account show a payment attempt? 

1 hour ago, karimg said:

- -
I'm sorry for the intensity, I just have been on this position before - when I was an F1. I got a great job opportunity with a top company and my school supervisor didn't know what was legal and wasn't and lost on that opportunity just cause she didn't want to sign a paper. So I was going through some serious PTSD from that time. 

Don’t  be sorry. This too shall pass.  

Timeline
Just now, Mike E said:

Does your credit card account show a payment attempt? 

Don’t  be sorry. This too shall pass.  

Thanks, Mike!

No, we've been monitoring ever since the we sent out the documents. It never showed on our account

You don't have to stop working. Your green card expires, but your status does not. My husband didn't receive his NOA1 until last week, 10 days after his green card expired and nothing happened with his job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Few months back, I have filed the GC renewal online in a matter of 30 minutes. Just keep a scan copy of GC(front, back), Photo ID(Driving license) and few other documents( I am not able to remember) and a credit card to pay fee. I got the receipt notice in the online filing account page in 24 hours. The GC was approved and delivered to me in 4 months. No Biometrcs or any single visit or rfe etc.. 

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

1 hour ago, Target2020ForN400 said:

Few months back, I have filed the GC renewal online in a matter of 30 minutes. Just keep a scan copy of GC(front, back), Photo ID(Driving license) and few other documents( I am not able to remember) and a credit card to pay fee. I got the receipt notice in the online filing account page in 24 hours. The GC was approved and delivered to me in 4 months. No Biometrcs or any single visit or rfe etc.. 

Yes, you can file I-90 online but I-751 for removal of conditions is paper only. Your situation doesn’t pertain to the OP. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.