Crtcl Rice Theory

The second impeachment of Donald Trump thread

604 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, Burnt Reynolds said:

Impeachment is a political system, which is why its governed by political rules.

Default means there's no inherent removal associated with impeachment. It has a hurdle it must clear, the end. If you can't demonstrate how it would clear that hurdle, there's no point in moving forward. You're free to play a pointless game all on your own.

Sure is a good sign when serial bandwagoner Joe Manchin knows this stands no chance.. too bad some didn't heed prior warnings:

Manchin: House impeachment plan 'ill-advised'

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said on Monday that a House plan to vote this week to impeach President Trump is "ill-advised," warning that there aren't the votes in the Senate to convict the president.

"I think this is so ill-advised for Joe Biden to be coming in, trying to heal the country, trying to be the president of all the people when we are going to be so divided and fighting again. Let the judicial system do its job," said Manchin, who represents a state where Trump is very popular.

Manchin added that he did not believe there would be the support in the Senate to meet the two-thirds vote required to convict Trump. He indicated that he had been trying to convey that message to the House amid its discussions about the path forward following last week's attack on the Capitol. 

"We've been trying to send that message over. They know the votes aren't there," Manchin said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533738-manchin-house-impeachment-plan-ill-advised?amp

"Why we stick to principled logic and don't cave to blindfolded darts and bad faith arguments/debate": Exhibit A. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Sure is a good sign when serial bandwagoner Joe Manchin knows this stands no chance.. too bad some didn't heed prior warnings:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533738-manchin-house-impeachment-plan-ill-advised?amp

"Why we stick to principled logic and don't cave to blindfolded darts and bad faith arguments/debate": Exhibit A. 

The assumption Manchin makes is that Joe Biden actually cares about healing the country.  I am not sure this is a good assumption given the message(s) Biden has given over the past few days.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Free market!:

Is Bernie Sanders suggesting we should make decisions based on direction from Twitter and FB?  Does he not know that the world does not revolve around either of these companies.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

The more I think about the impeachment, the less I agree with it.  After Trump's speech, where he did not encourage violence, his supporters attacked the capitol armed with pepper spray, zip ties, etc.  But here's the thing.  I'm pretty sure his supporters didn't listen to the speech and then make a trip to Walmart to buy zip ties and pepper spray.  They came to the rally already armed and prepared.  It looks like they already had bad intentions before they arrived at the rally.  Trump's speech did nothing to calm them down but his speech is also not the cause of what happened that day.

19 minutes ago, B_J said:

The more I think about the impeachment, the less I agree with it.  After Trump's speech, where he did not encourage violence, his supporters attacked the capitol armed with pepper spray, zip ties, etc.  But here's the thing.  I'm pretty sure his supporters didn't listen to the speech and then make a trip to Walmart to buy zip ties and pepper spray.  They came to the rally already armed and prepared.  It looks like they already had bad intentions before they arrived at the rally.  Trump's speech did nothing to calm them down but his speech is also not the cause of what happened that day.

Wonder why that was? I've never seen it happen after any other election. I'm not really sure how we would dissociate the actions of January 6th with the events of the last 2 months. Trump has been the driving force behind all of the stolen election propaganda. People are ready to riot over something that didn't happen but the president keeps saying. I don't see how you absolve him of any of the consequences that ultimately leads to.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

7 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Wonder why that was? I've never seen it happen after any other election. I'm not really sure how we would dissociate the actions of January 6th with the events of the last 2 months. Trump has been the driving force behind all of the stolen election propaganda. People are ready to riot over something that didn't happen but the president keeps saying. I don't see how you absolve him of any of the consequences that ultimately leads to.

But if the Senate is actually going to convict him in the impeachment trial, assuming it goes that far, there is going to have to be actual proof of incitement to insurrection.  And, from what I've seen, there's just not enough there.

2 minutes ago, B_J said:

But if the Senate is actually going to convict him in the impeachment trial, assuming it goes that far, there is going to have to be actual proof of incitement to insurrection.  And, from what I've seen, there's just not enough there.

I think the whole impeachment process is intended to get Trump to consider resigning, or at the very least behave for two weeks with the threat of impeachment and the 25th over his head. I don't see it carrying on past the 20th even if they do vote on it in the house. 

Well, he definitely doesn't have enough class to resign.  If this gets him to just shut up until Biden takes over then it's a win.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Removing Trump from office now would be the most idiotic move the Dems have ever made (and they have made some big ones).  If Trump is removed from office, he can not run in 2024 as an independent, thus consolidating support for the next Republican candidate.  If Trump runs as an independent, he will certainly siphon off red votes.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

Removing Trump from office now would be the most idiotic move the Dems have ever made (and they have made some big ones).  If Trump is removed from office, he can not run in 2024 as an independent, thus consolidating support for the next Republican candidate.  If Trump runs as an independent, he will certainly siphon off red votes.

That's a big "if". It really depends on who that Republican is. If it's anyone like Haley, Christie, Hogan, or god forbid, any Bushes, drying paint can galvanize people better.

While I'd definitely be looking at all candidates (with my usual preference for people outside the two parties), my chances of voting a second time for Trump gets higher if he were to run as an independent. I'm definitely not a fan of Republicans, and I doubt the party brass wants any of the few Republicans I'd vote for being the nominee. Furthermore, we know Chuck and Nancy's primary motivation for pushing this forward isn't actually removal, because they know it stands little chance. Instead, this discussion of 14A likely means they're going to roll the dice and attempt to force a majority vote to bar him from future office, which may or may not work when its challenged in the courts (particularly if its absent a conviction).

Regardless, the thing to understand about the Democrats, and Republicans, is, more than winning or losing general elections, their primary goals are to prevent any third parties or write-ins from having any consequential amount of people voting for them, and to maintain control over their party because their connections (with the media, bureaus, litany of establishments) equally need it.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

3 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I don't think they would allow an incarcerated individual to run for office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Complicating the "incitement" allegation is that the timeline doesn't fit.  Many or most of those who entered the Capitol building were already over there before Pres. Trump nearly finished his speech and mentioned the "peacefully and patriotically..." desire to march over.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).