Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sent off today for delivery on Friday; filing window opened on the 3rd.  Compared to the K-1 - where I was anxiously waiting for my husband (well, fiancé back then!) to arrive - I hardly put much time into this one!  Even if they send an RFE he'll still be here, which is all that matters to me 😁

Included all the usual stuff, plus we just bought a house so had a few nice documents to add.  Car titles, leases, insurance, bank statements, utilities, etc. etc...we all know the drill.  Hope to get the extension letter by April, ha.  Best of luck to us all.  

8 hours ago, Gibus said:

Hello everyone and happy new year!

Packet sent today priority mail express via USPS! hopefully it should arrive tomorrow. Window opened on December 7 but I was busy with school and job applications and I didn't want to make mistakes like for my AOS! I read a while ago that the ROC applications were pretty backed up, hopefully I can get the NOA before my GC expires! Can the NOA be used as an extension and if so for how long? 

Thanks!

Hi there,

Yes, the 751 NOA serves as an extension of your residency for normally 18 months from the date of your Conditional GC expiration date 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I put in the mail end December and they received it Jan 4th. Should I be in this thread or the December thread? 🙃

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Damn they are barely cashing checks for mid November filers, I really hope they are not going to experience more delays.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

What? They’re months behind cashing the checks? 😡

Yes it looks like it currently takes about 50 days or more to cash the payments from the receipt date. With covid and holidays they are really backed up, so don't expect anything to move soon. You can take a look at the November and December treads to get more updates.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, George & Roth said:

Some offices are also months and months behind scheduling interviews, too.  We filed my wife's I-751 in March 2019.  The status has been "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 2019....that's right....2019.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My window to file opened on Dec 21, 2020 and I sent it out on Dec 29th. UPS just notified me packaged was delivered (Jan 6).

I am aware that cases have backlogged for a while so I don't expect USCIS to cash my check within Jan.

Now the wait game started. 

Edited by LinG2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

Some offices are also months and months behind scheduling interviews, too.  We filed my wife's I-751 in March 2019.  The status has been "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 2019....that's right....2019.

giphy.gif

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

When y’all filled up the i751, did you leave any blank space, I’m a little confused about using none/ n/a / leaving areas blank.

ex. USCIS online account number, I don’t think I have one , so I leave it blank

same with other names used, physical address, children, interpreter etc.

thanks

On 1/3/2021 at 3:58 PM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

OK just wondering, as I'm about to do my wife's I-751 soon.  Thank you!

That's a great question, I also included the amounts but I was wondering is leaving the whole account number without blocking it out a good idea? because I did ....

On 1/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, George & Roth said:

wait, really? how do you know?

16 hours ago, Fragger said:

When y’all filled up the i751, did you leave any blank space, I’m a little confused about using none/ n/a / leaving areas blank.

ex. USCIS online account number, I don’t think I have one , so I leave it blank

same with other names used, physical address, children, interpreter etc.

thanks

I wa super confused with this as well. I recently filed. I left it blank but I have seen others do  the N/A on the blank spaces. Now I'm worried...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.