Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Kuneesa said:

Finally after 2 years of wait, the case was approved. Jan 2021 filer, CR-1, MSC service center.  It was stuck on "Ready to be scheduled for an Interview" for more than a year, but the case was approved without any interview. There's hope!

image.thumb.png.68780edc175510500dc1b874db7618f1.png

Congratulations! It must be a huge relief!

Did you have any RFEs? Or did you have to simply wait?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Congratulations! It must be a huge relief!

Did you have any RFEs? Or did you have to simply wait?

Thank you! Yes it is! No RFEs, no other communication apart from the 24 month extension notice that was received. Just had to wait.

5 hours ago, Kuneesa said:

Finally after 2 years of wait, the case was approved. Jan 2021 filer, CR-1, MSC service center.  It was stuck on "Ready to be scheduled for an Interview" for more than a year, but the case was approved without any interview. There's hope!

image.thumb.png.68780edc175510500dc1b874db7618f1.png

Congrats. We have similar timelines. We are still waiting… what state are you located?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/19/2023 at 11:15 PM, MsKayC said:

Congrats. We have similar timelines. We are still waiting… what state are you located?

Thanks. We're in FL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Still stuck here... 

Is there a number i can call to get any guidance on wait times? We need to travel out of the country, but the 2yr extension is basically up. 

image.thumb.png.5a31ff3f96926dacff5ac6724ef76648.png

Edited by ypsirccim

3 minutes ago, ypsirccim said:

Still stuck here... 

Is there a number i can call to get any guidance on wait times? We need to travel out of the country, but the 2yr extension is basically up. 

image.thumb.png.5a31ff3f96926dacff5ac6724ef76648.png

You never mentioned your service center so hard to tell.

Call USCIS to get an InfoPass appointment. You will be issued ADIT (I-551) stamp in your passport, valid for 1 year. With this stamp you can leave and re-enter the US.

Timeline
On 1/26/2023 at 1:33 PM, OldUser said:

You never mentioned your service center so hard to tell.

Call USCIS to get an InfoPass appointment. You will be issued ADIT (I-551) stamp in your passport, valid for 1 year. With this stamp you can leave and re-enter the US.

Sorry, center listed on the form is YSC.

• 2 months later...

Just had a combo interview a few days ago (for ROC and N400) in San Francisco, CA. Passed the civics test but officer could not make a decision on the application, so I will have to wait for the result. The interviews were done by the same officer and lasted for almost an hour (or maybe more, I could not tell I got a little dazed and anxious afterwards). My husband was with me during the ROC interview and had to leave for my N400 interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

53 minutes ago, audacieux89 said:

Just had a combo interview a few days ago (for ROC and N400) in San Francisco, CA. Passed the civics test but officer could not make a decision on the application, so I will have to wait for the result. The interviews were done by the same officer and lasted for almost an hour (or maybe more, I could not tell I got a little dazed and anxious afterwards). My husband was with me during the ROC interview and had to leave for my N400 interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thank you for valuable insights. Your timeline contradicts one lawyer's reassurance that N-400 in SF take 5-6 months and are walk in the park. The reality seems to be close to what you're experiencing.

Good luck and wishing you a fast approval!

On 1/30/2023 at 5:25 PM, ypsirccim said:

Sorry, center listed on the form is YSC.

FYI, as of today (04/09/2023), Potomac Center (YSC) is at 28 months.  Per the date on the snip you shared, you should be able to submit an inquiry in June 2023.  HOWEVER, I would be hitting them up now just to see if the inquiry outside of processing time works (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt).  Also, do what OldUser suggested and also call them to get the stamp on your passport for the sake of your travels.  Your extension letter for 48 months should be coming up soon as well.  But, I would be doing all the things just to be safe, plus you are close to hearing something on the 751.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
On 4/9/2023 at 11:05 PM, Fe.Ta said:

FYI, as of today (04/09/2023), Potomac Center (YSC) is at 28 months.  Per the date on the snip you shared, you should be able to submit an inquiry in June 2023.  HOWEVER, I would be hitting them up now just to see if the inquiry outside of processing time works (https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt).  Also, do what OldUser suggested and also call them to get the stamp on your passport for the sake of your travels.  Your extension letter for 48 months should be coming up soon as well.  But, I would be doing all the things just to be safe, plus you are close to hearing something on the 751.

We actually just received our 48 month extension letter... so assuming we wont need to stamp then. 

Hopefully we hear something soon. 28 Months is a just wild.

12 hours ago, ypsirccim said:

We actually just received our 48 month extension letter... so assuming we wont need to stamp then. 

Hopefully we hear something soon. 28 Months is a just wild.

You won't need the stamp now that you have the extension letter.  But, please do submit an inquiry in June if you do not hear from them.  You have the right to do so at that point.  :)

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hooooooly... After reaching the "it'll happen when it happens" state of waiting for my husband's 10 year GC to be approved by the Potomac Service center, this morning I noticed a package from USCIS was coming soon on USPS Informed Delivery today. Went to check the case status after not checking in weeks and it FINALLY says "card was mailed to you" as of the 14th. I am so relieved for this to be done and feel awful for anyone who gets assigned YSC. Watching other service centers get approvals within 8 months to a year and we're at 30 months is soooo frustrating.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.