l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

Can somebody post the link to the bulletin for Dec ROC please ! 

What bulletin? Did you mean the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UmCPGDCa8Ffjbc0X-tHb1tNRjRz0IYVWmhT6q4jU53k/edit?usp=sharing

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Hi Fellow Dec 2020 Filers - Posted my question elsewhere but figured id post here too as well. Would love your take on my situation please. Its a bit complicated.

I have lived in the US for about 15 years now, came here for undergrad when I was 18. I went to undergrad, grad school and worked here.

I met my soon to be ex-spouse in late 2016 in Chicago at a conference. Things moved quickly as we are both Muslim and conservative when it comes to dating. At the time we met, i lived in NY (where i still live) and she lived in DC. We got engaged in 2017 and got married in Feb 2018. Unfortunately I lost my job around that time, and we decided to wait on her moving to NY. Soon after that she had a big medical issue which needed treating. I left NY and moved down to DC where I stayed with family during this time. Around this time we filed for the 2 year GC in April 2018 and got it in Dec 2018.

So at this point I am living in DC with family and she is living at her home still , and the injury is taking time to heal. We started having marriage issues and did marriage counseling for almost two years. In summer of 2019 I got a job offer in NY and moved back to NY. Unfortunately last year, during COVID things got really bad in our relationship and she requested a divorce. We have filed for the divorce and are waiting for the paperwork from the courts.

I filed for the 1-751 with the divorce waiver in Dec 2020 with the following documents

- 2018 and 2019 joint tax returns

- Letter of support of petition from ex-spouse

- Health insurance docs

- Birthday Cards and Valentines Cards sent btwn us

- pictures

- Whatsapp messages between us

- Joint lease and utility bills (i put her name on my lease and utility bills in NY as the expectation was that she would come and join me in NY)

- Counseling receipts from Marriage therapist

- Receipts for bus and train travel between NY and DC that i took

i have heard that I would most likely get an RFE have to go in for an interview.

Anyone had a similar process ? Any thoughts and tips you can share?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 3/27/2021 at 11:01 AM, AtsuLascelles11 said:

Hi Fellow Dec 2020 Filers - Posted my question elsewhere but figured id post here too as well. Would love your take on my situation please. Its a bit complicated.

I have lived in the US for about 15 years now, came here for undergrad when I was 18. I went to undergrad, grad school and worked here.

I met my soon to be ex-spouse in late 2016 in Chicago at a conference. Things moved quickly as we are both Muslim and conservative when it comes to dating. At the time we met, i lived in NY (where i still live) and she lived in DC. We got engaged in 2017 and got married in Feb 2018. Unfortunately I lost my job around that time, and we decided to wait on her moving to NY. Soon after that she had a big medical issue which needed treating. I left NY and moved down to DC where I stayed with family during this time. Around this time we filed for the 2 year GC in April 2018 and got it in Dec 2018.

So at this point I am living in DC with family and she is living at her home still , and the injury is taking time to heal. We started having marriage issues and did marriage counseling for almost two years. In summer of 2019 I got a job offer in NY and moved back to NY. Unfortunately last year, during COVID things got really bad in our relationship and she requested a divorce. We have filed for the divorce and are waiting for the paperwork from the courts.

I filed for the 1-751 with the divorce waiver in Dec 2020 with the following documents

- 2018 and 2019 joint tax returns

- Letter of support of petition from ex-spouse

- Health insurance docs

- Birthday Cards and Valentines Cards sent btwn us

- pictures

- Whatsapp messages between us

- Joint lease and utility bills (i put her name on my lease and utility bills in NY as the expectation was that she would come and join me in NY)

- Counseling receipts from Marriage therapist

- Receipts for bus and train travel between NY and DC that i took

i have heard that I would most likely get an RFE have to go in for an interview.

Anyone had a similar process ? Any thoughts and tips you can share?

Thanks!

Please do not overthinking. Just wait patiently. Some Peoples experienced divorce and apply for Divorce waiver on ROC didn't have any interview and  get the GC after few months of waiting. Some peoples needs to be interview for further Information. But as far as i knew, most of them get approval. So, don't worry about it!. 

5 hours ago, eagle85 said:

Please do not overthinking. Just wait patiently. Some Peoples experienced divorce and apply for Divorce waiver on ROC didn't have any interview and  get the GC after few months of waiting. Some peoples needs to be interview for further Information. But as far as i knew, most of them get approval. So, don't worry about it!. 

Thanks eagle85!

I appreciate your response to my question.

I am trying not to overthink it.

Will update this thread as things go along.

Sending good vibes to everyone!

Was in my email box this am and surprisingly saw an email from USCIS.

New card is being produced ! :)

My PD is Dec 3,2020

New Card Produced April 7,2021.

MSC Location.

Thanks be to the almighty God.

Will see USCIS when I apply for citizenship in a few years.1

42 minutes ago, killadocg23 said:

Was in my email box this am and surprisingly saw an email from USCIS.

New card is being produced ! :)

My PD is Dec 3,2020

New Card Produced April 7,2021.

MSC Location.

Thanks be to the almighty God.

Will see USCIS when I apply for citizenship in a few years.1

Nice! Congratulations :) :)

On 3/16/2021 at 11:50 AM, Ecaen87 said:

The fee is not exclusively to capture your fingerprints and take your picture. They still need to run background checks so they send that previously captured info to others government agencies to run those background checks. It cost money to do that, not because is being done at another agency it means they are free of charge.

Yes, I realize that. :) Was being facetious, I understand it's not 'free'. Trying to make light of a very stressful and long process for everyone, especially during a particularly challenging last year when it's tough to plan your life in limbo.

Happy to see several cards being produced on the spreadsheet! That's awesome news. 

Edited by wildling99

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I did biometrics December 11, 2019. I was ready to be scheduled July 1, 2020.

No appointment yet on April 10, 2021. 

Let's all fill out following spreadsheet from Lucky Cat. https://www.visajourney.com/profile/235355-lucky-cat/

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

On his post from: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone, potentially stupid question here.  I randomly checked on our case status today for our I-751 and it says a new card was produced on 04/05 and on 04/07 it says 'We mailed your new card your Form I-751'.  I don't see any approval or anything listed, so is this our new temporary card?  They waived our Biometrics appointment because they said they used the Bio from the I-29F because it was recent enough.  Other than that and the original receipt, we have heard nothing about an interview or anything else.  Any info would be very much appreciated - thanks!  I admittedly got excited for a minute thinking it was her new Visa, but surely that can't be the case after only 5 months?

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

7 minutes ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

Hey everyone, potentially stupid question here.  I randomly checked on our case status today for our I-751 and it says a new card was produced on 04/05 and on 04/07 it says 'We mailed your new card your Form I-751'.  I don't see any approval or anything listed, so is this our new temporary card?  They waived our Biometrics appointment because they said they used the Bio from the I-29F because it was recent enough.  Other than that and the original receipt, we have heard nothing about an interview or anything else.  Any info would be very much appreciated - thanks!  I admittedly got excited for a minute thinking it was her new Visa, but surely that can't be the case after only 5 months?

Not a stupid question! And that sounds like an approval to me, they don't send new temporary cards.

Congrats!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

1 hour ago, Eu_Sou_Douglas said:

Sounds like an approval! Congrats, you guys!!

Seems like there are some other Dec. 2020 filers who have already been approved according to the spreadsheet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, wildling99 said:

Sounds like an approval! Congrats, you guys!!

Seems like there are some other Dec. 2020 filers who have already been approved according to the spreadsheet.

I secretly thought and hoped it was an approval as well....and it WAS!  I was in disbelief when I saw the USPS tracking number, we were planning on late 2021 or early 2022 before we heard anything so such a quick turnaround seemed too good to be true.  Thanks @wildling99 and @RambaCat for your replies - we received her new green card today along with a ton of USCIS notifications about Approval being issued!  Best of luck to everyone - and December filers who haven't had any updates your time is coming! 

I-129F Sent: June 22nd, 2017 (via attorney) :D

I-129F Received: June 30th, 2017 (USCIS date) :)

I-129F NOA1: July 5th, 2017 (VJ date) :whistle:

I-129F NOA2: January 16th, 2018 :D

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Everyone,

Seems like LIN(Nebraska Service Center) works slower than the speed of smell. Didn't see Biometrics update from spreadsheet for anybody whereas other service centers shipping out GCs 😞

Anyone recieved an update from LIN? Also can you travel abroad without your biometric letter. But only with expired green card and I-797 notice letter? 

Timeline:

10/23/2017: Married with USC wife at AL.

02/21/2018: Priority Date, AOS from F1

02/25/2018: 4 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-131, I-485 and I-765)

03/12/2018: Biometrics Appointment

03/25/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, Medical Exam was outdated.

05/22/2018: InfoPass Appointment. Created SR request to expedite for I-765.
06/05/2018: Expedite request was accepted. Received Combo EAD
02/07/2019: Received Conditional GC
12/10/2020: Applied for Removal of GC conditions
01/19/2021: NOA received. PR status has extended for 18 more months!

05/28/2021: Biometrics Waiver letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.