l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 8:05 PM, tab0712 said:

Seems like SRC is the only office working. Quite a few ín the November group mention getting notice of 10yr green card approval. My husbands packet is at LIN. I think we're in for the long road 👎🏼

We're in the same boat. Planning some international travel as soon as the biometrics waiver comes, but I've been looking at LIN in December, November, October spreadsheets and it's like they just stopped working at one point, ugh... It's disheartening when this letter previously seemed to be coming a week or so after NOA1, and now we just have to wait. A suprise approval would be interesting.... we did happen to get approval for the original K1 AOS in like 2 months which was super fast. There's some other reasons we're really hoping this letter comes quickly, but for now we wait.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Rec'd my biometrics waiver on 3/13, dated 3/8. I'm SRC.

Since they don't issue fee refunds for the $85 and USCIS is funded primarily from fees, maybe they'll be able to bring back more staff and get things moving after 2020 backlogs? ;) Wishful thinking, I know!

18 minutes ago, wildling99 said:

Rec'd my biometrics waiver on 3/13, dated 3/8. I'm SRC.

Since they don't issue fee refunds for the $85 and USCIS is funded primarily from fees, maybe they'll be able to bring back more staff and get things moving after 2020 backlogs? ;) Wishful thinking, I know!

The fee is not exclusively to capture your fingerprints and take your picture. They still need to run background checks so they send that previously captured info to others government agencies to run those background checks. It cost money to do that, not because is being done at another agency it means they are free of charge.

Edited by Ecaen87
Rephrased

Would I be able to use my husband's checkbook to send the payment? I am the petitioner and I am a joint owner on the checking account.

What information should I include in the memo area? and who should sign the check? me? or him?

And which mail carrier is everyone using? USPS ? or the others? 

Just starting to put together our documents. Any tips on organizing and assembly?  When titling the documents, should I print or manually write it out?

For  example, the copy of the greencard, should I write greencard on the page? or type it ? And should I have a previous page explaining each document?

On 3/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, KULtoATL said:

Hi again! I just got home and opened my USCIS envelope immediately. It's a biometrics waiver dated March 1, 2021 from SRC :)

December 3, 2020: ROC package delivered

January 14, 2021: NOA1 date

January 15, 2021: Check cashed

January 22, 2021: NOA1 received in mail
January 25, 2021: Received text notification

March 5, 2021: Biometrics waiver received in mail

March 17, 2021: Just received an e-mail notification saying that my card is being produced 🙊 I'm hyperventilating 😅

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

March 17, 2021: Just received an e-mail notification saying that my card is being produced 🙊 I'm hyperventilating 😅

WOW!!! That is great news for you. What service center? 

1 hour ago, tab0712 said:

WOW!!! That is great news for you. What service center? 

Thank you so much 🙌 I'm glad all the hard work I put into the paperwork paid off. 

My service center is SRC. Online tracker was stuck on 'Case was received' up until it switched to 'New card being produced' this morning. In between, I only received the biometrics waiver in the mail and the online tracker never said anything about 'Finger prints reapplied' and I was worried for a good minute.

I hope your case move forward soon 🤞

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Thank you so much 🙌 I'm glad all the hard work I put into the paperwork paid off. 

My service center is SRC. Online tracker was stuck on 'Case was received' up until it switched to 'New card being produced' this morning. In between, I only received the biometrics waiver in the mail and the online tracker never said anything about 'Finger prints reapplied' and I was worried for a good minute.

I hope your case move forward soon 🤞

My husbands stuff is at LIN. Seems the staff has all quit. I read somewhere there wasn't much movement there since October(ish) and it was once a "fast" office

7 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

My husbands stuff is at LIN. Seems the staff has all quit. I read somewhere there wasn't much movement there since October(ish) and it was once a "fast" office

Maybe it will get transferred to another office to speed things up :) Can't wait to read updates on your husband's case.

1 hour ago, killadocg23 said:

Wow congrats !!!! That’s fast!!!

What all did you send with your packet?

So I'm one of those packet frontloaders from the beginning of my immigration journey. I know some people say it is unnecessary but I frontload in hopes to avoid the dreaded RFEs causing unwanted delays. Please don't laugh at my list :)

EXHIBIT A - Payment, Cover Letter & Original USCIS Forms

• Check
  • G-1145
  • Cover letter
  • Original I-751 completed form

EXHIBIT B - I-751 Petitioner/Conditional Permanent Resident's Government Issued Identifications 

• Copy of 2-year GC
  • Copy of EAD
  • Copy of GA state ID (for most people, this would have been their state issued DL)
  • Copy of Social Security card
  • Copy of unexpired foreign passport biographical page
  • Copy of expired foreign passport biographical page that was previously used for I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD and AP
  • Copy of foreign birth certificate + original English translation

EXHIBIT C - U.S. Citizen Spouse's Government Issued Identifications

• Copy of USC Spouse's GA state DL
  • Copy of USC Spouse's passport biographical page
  • Copy of USC Spouse's U.S. birth certificate
  • Copy of USC Spouse's Social Security card

EXHIBIT D - USCIS & NVC Issued Notices

• This part may not be necessary for real but I still attached all my notices from Day 1 to show every immigration step that my husband and I had taken to illustrate the complete journey to the adjudicating officer. The officer probably has access to these but hey, why make them dig for it when they can see it all in my stack? 

EXHIBIT E - Taxation & Other Government Related Documents

• Certified copy of GA marriage license
  • 2017 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2017 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2017 W-2
  • 2018 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2018 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of my 2018 W-2
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2018 W-2
  • 2019 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2019 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of my 2019 W-2
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2019 W-2
  • Copy of IRS Notice 1444 on COVID-19 Economic Income Payment

EXHIBIT F - Household Accounts

• Printout of joint checking account statement summary for November 2017 to December 2020 (Literally from the time we opened the account till the time I filed for ROC. I only ever given the first page for every month because printing every page for each month would have been too much although it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to send in full monthly statements for the adjudicating officer to see the money movements of the joint account.)
  • Printout of USC Spouse's Progressive auto insurance and coverage page showing me as list-only driver
  • Printout of T-Mobile account summary listing the both of us as call plan users
  • Printout of Gas South profile showing me as one of the primary contacts
  • Printout of Georgia Power profile account summary showing me as the secondary contact
  • Printout of Charter Spectrum account settings page showing me as a standard role user
  • Copy of Costco membership renewal mailers from 2018 to 2020 listing me as a household member
  • Copy of new AARP membership cards for the both of us

EXHIBIT G - Employee Benefits & Beneficiary Elections

• Copy of previous years' health insurance cards
  • Copy of current year's health insurance cards
  • Copy of USC Spouse's health insurance enrollment and beneficiary elections
  • Printout of my 401k beneficiary election page
  • Printout of my other employee benefits and beneficiary elections summary from ADP
  • Printout of USC Spouse's 401k beneficiary election page
  • Printout of USC Spouse's life insurance beneficiary election page

EXHIBIT H - Travels

• For every trip (and if applicable), I attached the flight booking confirmation, flight boarding passes for roundtrip, hotel booking confirmation. I did not attach anything else related to these travels other than making sure to include a photo for each trip as part of the photo collection (in Exhibit I) that I sent in.

EXHIBIT I - Correspondences & Photographs

• Affidavit of support by sister-in-law
  • Affidavit of support by my manager
  • Cards and letters received from family, friends and neighbors addressed to the both of us from 2017 to 2020
  • Our outgoing Christmas cards from 2017 to 2020
  • Collection of photographs from 2015 to 2020 (This covers the time we dated till ROC submission. I selected a few pictures here and there from the whole duration and made sure to include photos that could prove where we said we traveled to (RE: Exhibit H))

This may seem over the top but it worked for me. I've never received an RFE. I agree quality over quantity is more important. However, we will never know what kind of officer our case file would be assigned to. Some people submitted a fraction of what I did and got approved just fine. Some people submitted lots of stuff (similar stuff to what I sent in) but their case officer somehow still deemed it to be insufficient.

For future ROC applicants, do your research and collect the best evidence for your paperwork and make sure it covers every year that you have been together. There's nothing wrong to submit more. I'm a firm believer of submitting more than less that way a picky officer would already have almost everything that I could have possibly sent in. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

So I'm one of those packet frontloaders from the beginning of my immigration journey. I know some people say it is unnecessary but I frontload in hopes to avoid the dreaded RFEs causing unwanted delays. Please don't laugh at my list :)

EXHIBIT A - Payment, Cover Letter & Original USCIS Forms

• Check
  • G-1145
  • Cover letter
  • Original I-751 completed form

EXHIBIT B - I-751 Petitioner/Conditional Permanent Resident's Government Issued Identifications 

• Copy of 2-year GC
  • Copy of EAD
  • Copy of GA state ID (for most people, this would have been their state issued DL)
  • Copy of Social Security card
  • Copy of unexpired foreign passport biographical page
  • Copy of expired foreign passport biographical page that was previously used for I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD and AP
  • Copy of foreign birth certificate + original English translation

EXHIBIT C - U.S. Citizen Spouse's Government Issued Identifications

• Copy of USC Spouse's GA state DL
  • Copy of USC Spouse's passport biographical page
  • Copy of USC Spouse's U.S. birth certificate
  • Copy of USC Spouse's Social Security card

EXHIBIT D - USCIS & NVC Issued Notices

• This part may not be necessary for real but I still attached all my notices from Day 1 to show every immigration step that my husband and I had taken to illustrate the complete journey to the adjudicating officer. The officer probably has access to these but hey, why make them dig for it when they can see it all in my stack? 

EXHIBIT E - Taxation & Other Government Related Documents

• Certified copy of GA marriage license
  • 2017 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2017 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2017 W-2
  • 2018 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2018 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of my 2018 W-2
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2018 W-2
  • 2019 federal joint tax return transcript
  • 2019 GA state joint tax return
  • Copy of my 2019 W-2
  • Copy of USC Spouse's 2019 W-2
  • Copy of IRS Notice 1444 on COVID-19 Economic Income Payment

EXHIBIT F - Household Accounts

• Printout of joint checking account statement summary for November 2017 to December 2020 (Literally from the time we opened the account till the time I filed for ROC. I only ever given the first page for every month because printing every page for each month would have been too much although it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to send in full monthly statements for the adjudicating officer to see the money movements of the joint account.)
  • Printout of USC Spouse's Progressive auto insurance and coverage page showing me as list-only driver
  • Printout of T-Mobile account summary listing the both of us as call plan users
  • Printout of Gas South profile showing me as one of the primary contacts
  • Printout of Georgia Power profile account summary showing me as the secondary contact
  • Printout of Charter Spectrum account settings page showing me as a standard role user
  • Copy of Costco membership renewal mailers from 2018 to 2020 listing me as a household member
  • Copy of new AARP membership cards for the both of us

EXHIBIT G - Employee Benefits & Beneficiary Elections

• Copy of previous years' health insurance cards
  • Copy of current year's health insurance cards
  • Copy of USC Spouse's health insurance enrollment and beneficiary elections
  • Printout of my 401k beneficiary election page
  • Printout of my other employee benefits and beneficiary elections summary from ADP
  • Printout of USC Spouse's 401k beneficiary election page
  • Printout of USC Spouse's life insurance beneficiary election page

EXHIBIT H - Travels

• For every trip (and if applicable), I attached the flight booking confirmation, flight boarding passes for roundtrip, hotel booking confirmation. I did not attach anything else related to these travels other than making sure to include a photo for each trip as part of the photo collection (in Exhibit I) that I sent in.

EXHIBIT I - Correspondences & Photographs

• Affidavit of support by sister-in-law
  • Affidavit of support by my manager
  • Cards and letters received from family, friends and neighbors addressed to the both of us from 2017 to 2020
  • Our outgoing Christmas cards from 2017 to 2020
  • Collection of photographs from 2015 to 2020 (This covers the time we dated till ROC submission. I selected a few pictures here and there from the whole duration and made sure to include photos that could prove where we said we traveled to (RE: Exhibit H))

This may seem over the top but it worked for me. I've never received an RFE. I agree quality over quantity is more important. However, we will never know what kind of officer our case file would be assigned to. Some people submitted a fraction of what I did and got approved just fine. Some people submitted lots of stuff (similar stuff to what I sent in) but their case officer somehow still deemed it to be insufficient.

For future ROC applicants, do your research and collect the best evidence for your paperwork and make sure it covers every year that you have been together. There's nothing wrong to submit more. I'm a firm believer of submitting more than less that way a picky officer would already have almost everything that I could have possibly sent in. 

DAMN!!!! I wish this could have been posted months ago :) Looking at this, I should have sent a lot of what you did. I am normally an "over-thinker" and provided more then needed/expected, and I feel I missed the boat on this one

9 hours ago, tab0712 said:

DAMN!!!! I wish this could have been posted months ago :) Looking at this, I should have sent a lot of what you did. I am normally an "over-thinker" and provided more then needed/expected, and I feel I missed the boat on this one

You can use your time to organize the extras that you have while waiting to hear from USCIS. If they ask for more or an interview later (touch wood!), your ducks would be in a row already :)  I'm so glad that I do not need to kill more trees, putting together an immigration package until I decide to file for citizenship years down the road though I'm eligible by Q4 2021. After spending $680 for a 10-year GC, I'm definitely milking the GC for its worth. LOL.

December 3, 2020: ROC package delivered

January 14, 2021: NOA1 date

January 15, 2021: Check cashed

January 22, 2021: NOA1 received in mail
January 25, 2021: Received text notification

March 5, 2021: Biometrics waiver received in mail

March 17, 2021: Card is being produced

March 18, 2021: Case was approved though date might have to be adjusted if NOA has a different date (funny how COVID turned everything the other way around i.e. card production before approval notification)

On 3/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Jimbersts said:

Would I be able to use my husband's checkbook to send the payment? I am the petitioner and I am a joint owner on the checking account.

What information should I include in the memo area? and who should sign the check? me? or him?

And which mail carrier is everyone using? USPS ? or the others? 

Just starting to put together our documents. Any tips on organizing and assembly?  When titling the documents, should I print or manually write it out?

For  example, the copy of the greencard, should I write greencard on the page? or type it ? And should I have a previous page explaining each document?

If it is a joint checking account, you can definitely use the account's checkbook to issue a check. If the checkbook only has your husband's name listed on the checkbook, then without a doubt he will have to be the one signing the check. If the checkbook has both names, I believe depending on the bank or type of joint account, either you can sign alone OR both named account holders have to sign the check. I used the checkbook from my joint checking account with Bank of America that has both names on it and I was the only person signing the check that I sent in. Definitely confirm with your bank on check signatory rules. 

Everyone uses different shipping providers. I personally used FedEx 2-day by 10.30 AM every time I had to send in my immigration paperwork. My package was delivered without delay each time. However, ever since COVID-19 hit, I noticed that FedEx has become much less reliable and always have some kinda delay going on. I received a lot of packages through UPS during this pandemic and they have been timely, with a few delayed packages here and there. As for USPS, it really depends on how well staffed USPS is locally and at the intended destination. Over here, my local USPS offices have been very short-staffed and things that usually takes 1-2 days within the area (not even out of state) now takes 3-4 days or slightly longer. Regardless of what shipping provider you choose, always make sure to have tracking attached to it. 

Whenever I compile my paperwork, I always group them in different categories. I add a caption on every item with an item number, title/description of what's on the page, number the page if there's more than one for that particular item. Examples:

• ROC 8: Copy of I-751 Petitioner's Georgia state ID card
  • ROC 21: Printout of I-751 Petitioner's employee benefits beneficiary election page <Page 1 of 2>
  • ROC 38: Printout of U.S. Citizen Spouse's life insurance listing I-751 Petitioner as the beneficiary

Depending on the item, some I would type the caption onto the PDF and then print them out. Other items such as the marriage license usually does not have extra space on the paper so I would write the same style caption on a colored sticky note to paste onto the photocopy/printout/certified copy. I tend to favor typing because it is neater, easier to read and more uniformed.

• Why do I assign item number? To organize and keep track of every single piece of evidence that I send in since I list them on the table of contents. 
  • Why do I specify if something is mine or my U.S. Citizen Spouse's? That way the officer will know from the get go that the document shown belongs to a specific person. They already have to adjudicate my bible (my husband makes fun of me haha) so keeping things clear will make it easier on them.
  • Why do I number documents that have multiple pages? So that the officer knows if they are missing the second or third page. Missing pages could mean missing important information.

My way of doing this is extremely tedious but I'd rather have an organized package than a disorganized one, where an officer misses something and sends me an RFE or it takes them way too long to adjudicate my submission because they have to piece things together trying to make sense of my mumbo jumbo vs. me having illustrated things in a logical manner. 

Take your time and plan your package properly :)

Here's my ROC submission list from this thread itself: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.