l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hi! I don't see a December 2020 subtopic yet, so I am starting one!

My 90-day window opens on December 7th, currently assembling the additional evidence. Hopefully sending everything to USCIS at some point next week after the 7th. 

Good luck everybody!

Getting on to this Journey! 

ROC Application delivered on Dec 2nd in Phoenix, AZ. Waiting for the text/email/check being cashed.. 

My conditional green card expiry is late Feb 2021 and I hope I will get the NOA soon.. 

Window opened on November 29, 2020.

Shipped package using FedEx 2-Day 10.30 AM on December 1, 2020.

Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ today, December 3, 2020.

Started my visa journey in 2017 with K-1. It's so satisfying to see the boxes checked on my timeline 😅

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

Window opened on November 29, 2020.

Shipped package using FedEx 2-Day 10.30 AM on December 1, 2020.

Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ today, December 3, 2020.

Started my visa journey in 2017 with K-1. It's so satisfying to see the boxes checked on my timeline 😅

Our K1 stated in Feb 2017. This has been one long ### road. 

2 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Our K1 stated in Feb 2017. This has been one long ### road. 

I so agree and I'm so over all these paperwork. It's time consuming and it's stressful sometimes wondering if I've submitted enough 😂

Also, with the I-751, we literally pay them to sit on our case files and then we'd be eligible for N-400 the very next year when we hit the 3-year GC mark before they even invite us for a ROC interview if not waived. Personally, I'm just going to wait for the 10-year GC and file N-400 much later down the road before my 10-year GC expires to save some money.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Our window opens Dec. 27, but I've already pulled together most of our application (what else am I going to do while we're stuck inside during a pandemic?). Considering how backed up USCIS is in even cashing the checks from the November filers, is anyone considering mailing in their application a little early? When they say it has to be within the 90-day window, will they measure from when the application is post-marked, or when they actually pick it up?

1 hour ago, Nora S said:

Our window opens Dec. 27, but I've already pulled together most of our application (what else am I going to do while we're stuck inside during a pandemic?). Considering how backed up USCIS is in even cashing the checks from the November filers, is anyone considering mailing in their application a little early? When they say it has to be within the 90-day window, will they measure from when the application is post-marked, or when they actually pick it up?

To be safe, I suggest that the earliest for you to ship your package out is the first day of your 90-day window. They are stupid strict about the window and no point risking it. My package was 80% ready at least a year ago while waiting to add current year stuff to the stack 😂😂😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/5/2020 at 11:31 AM, Nora S said:

It's when they receive it. Those that mail it the week their window closes should not be penalized for submitting it towards the end of the 90 days. It's not "our" fault they are slower then Sh#t at their jobs. And I am one of those submitting it towards the end (green card expires 12/21), so my husband will be screwed. Just like they reject ones received even a day before the 90 days starts, they can only reject if its after 90 days

16 hours ago, george.conley said:

Hi All!!! Dropped off my wife's packet today. She was eligible for ROC on 11/25/2020 but with the holidays and everything else, we just got caught up and forgot.

The below was everything that was included with our packet. Let me know y'alls thoughts. I noticed others had a ton more evidence but I wasn't sure I needed any more. I mean my wife and I have two  (US born) children together and both our names on the home deed. I don't know how much more bonafide our marriage can look 🤷‍♂️

• Form G-1145 – e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • Form G-1450 – Authorization for Credit Card Transaction for $680 ($595 Filing Fee / $85 Biometrics Fee)
  • Form I-751 – Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence
  • Copy of wife’s Conditional Permanent Residence Card (front and back)
  • Copy of applicant and sponsor's passports
  • Evidences of Relationship:
    • Copy of both Driver’s Licenses showing the same address of residence
    • Copy of home title showing both names on the deed
    • Copy of car insurance policy
    • Copies of our 2018 and 2019 joint tax transcripts
    • Copy of our joint bank statement
    • Copy of 401k beneficiaries
    • Copy of our health insurance cards showing same group/policy ID
    • Copy of our US born children's birth certificate / birth verification
    • Copy of airline reservations for family vacations
    • Original family photos since 2018

Woo! Congrats on getting it submitted. Not much point in stressing or second guessing yourself now.

My list looks a lot like yours, except we don't have any children and we don't own a home. I've included utilities bills and join bank statements for each quarter in the time since our AOS interview.

I'm not convinced there's much rhyme or reason to who gets an RFE beyond how the USCIS caseworker is feeling that day, but I know a lot of people like to front load their evidence, just in case. Here's hoping we all sail through :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Estonia
Timeline

BTW I know that some of the other monthly groups have started a Google Doc where people can track their progress (date sent, which service center it was assigned to, date received, NOA 1, Biometrics etc) so we can see when there's movement around the same date as we sent our forms in. I'll look into that later today, but if anyone has experience setting this up, I think that would be great for this group too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.