l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, SouthAmerican said:

Hey everyone, I have a question for you guys did anyone receive their i751 receipt notice  with their name and address listed as for example:

Sarah Marks

C/O Sarah marks 

1244 address parkway...

because normally all my uscis notice as comes without C/O

Sarah Marks 

124 address parkway.. without the C/O 

so I’m wondering why? 
thank you guys 🤍🤍🤍

When I did my AOS, one of the letters arrived with my father's name C/O my name. My father died years before and (as far as i know) never set a foot in the US...

Edited by tony3841

On 2/12/2021 at 3:26 PM, sadpooh123 said:

Update, 

my application was received on December 8th,

I did not hear anything until February, so I contacted USCIS everyday, filed e-request, contacted congressman, and lockbox facility. 

I got my receipt number on the phone on February 3rd, check cashed on February 4th, got a text message about my receipt number.

And I finally got my extension letter today.  Februarry 12th.

Thank you for sharing this. It sucks you had to go through so much hassle to receive your letter.

Mine got to Phoenix lockbox early January, I'm hoping I see some kind of an update by next week.

Hi guys! I am January 21 filer, how long it took you to receive any biometrics update?🙂

Edited by Faith & Love

18 hours ago, Faith & Love said:

Hi guys! I am January 21 filer, how long it took you to receive any biometrics update?🙂

Check out this spreadsheet: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UmCPGDCa8Ffjbc0X-tHb1tNRjRz0IYVWmhT6q4jU53k/edit?usp=sharing 

So far only a handful of EAC filers received biometrics letters or re-application of previous biometrics.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Hello everyone,  i had filed i 751 removal of condtion on green card on october 2020 my case was transfered to nbc lee's summit mo I need some advice please I want to travel outside the country is it a good idea to travel before biometrics ?? It has been 4 months since the case was transferred but I did not receive biometrics appointment letter is there a chance to get the new green card without biometrics? Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please i will like to ask, i submitted my I-751 removal of condition application at Texas Service Centre in December 31, 2020. Am still waiting for notice from USCIS. Is anyone here with an idea of what is really going on because my green card elapses today. Please i need your contribution.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, dicksoneneh said:

Please i will like to ask, i submitted my I-751 removal of condition application at Texas Service Centre in December 31, 2020. Am still waiting for notice from USCIS. Is anyone here with an idea of what is really going on because my green card elapses today. Please i need your contribution.

Thanks.

It is taking 6-8 weeks to get a response about the extension letter...(it can be longer or shorter) My husbands green card expired while waiting and it's ok. It happens to many. The only thing that negative is that many states ID's/DL's expire as well (like my husbands did) and you can't seek new employment. That's pretty much  the only worries. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, dicksoneneh said:

What about the DL/ID. Do we have to wait for that to get renewed too? Cuz my DL just expired and am so concerned about this.

Yes, my husband didn't have a valid Drivers License for about 3 weeks. You need the extension letter to take to the DMV for renewals. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, dicksoneneh said:

Thanks.

You mean you sent it to an address in Texas? The correct address is in Phoenix, AZ : https://www.uscis.gov/i-751-direct-filing-addresses. It seems, from other people's experience, your packet will get forwarded to the correct centre anyway but it adds some delay.
If you mean your case is being processed by the Texas SC... then how do you know that if you didn't get the notice? Did you call them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is it just me, or is the biometreics letter / waiver taking quite a long time after the extension letter? I I think historically, even last fall it was like a 1-2 week lag, and we're going on 5 weeks or so here, and the only ones I see in the spreadsheet are from a single service center....  My service center is LIN, looks like in October it was super fast to get the biometrics letter, in November they aren't even half done, and haven't started on December yet.....   someone poke them with a stick, will ya! :)

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

13 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

Is it just me, or is the biometreics letter / waiver taking quite a long time after the extension letter? I I think historically, even last fall it was like a 1-2 week lag, and we're going on 5 weeks or so here, and the only ones I see in the spreadsheet are from a single service center....  My service center is LIN, looks like in October it was super fast to get the biometrics letter, in November they aren't even half done, and haven't started on December yet.....   someone poke them with a stick, will ya! :)

I've been looking at October 2020 and November 2020 for SRC cases. Those who got a biometrics waiver took approximately a month but looks like they have slowed down for the December 2020 filers. Either way, I'm not gonna worry too much considering I got my extension letter, which is far more important than having biometrics waived. Hopefully all the service centers will start moving quickly again for us December 2020 filers :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Hi December 2020 filers! I just checked my USPS Informed Delivery account and looks like I'll be receiving a USCIS envelope today. I'm with SRC so if you are too, keep your eyes peeled because they are starting to churn out letters for us. Will update once I know what letter I end up getting today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.