R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,691 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations! Great to hear some positivity and people finally getting what they deserve.

Just about to be transferred to London, so hopefully not far off either!

7 hours ago, juninho10 said:

Just about to be transferred to London, so hopefully not far off either!

Hello, 

I’m a PR of Canada and a UK citizen. Can I ask, was it at the NVC stage that you ask for a transfer to the London Embassy?

Only just started this process yet know they will assume Montreal, when on my online application I did select London as my consulate for the IV.

The embassy only sends out interview invitation letters monthly, right? So we would expect another group of folks to get notified in mid-August for September interviews, but not before mid-August?

1 hour ago, meaghanpk said:

The embassy only sends out interview invitation letters monthly, right?

Yes, it seems to be middle of the month when they notify judging by post history here.

So we would expect another group of folks to get notified in mid-August for September interviews, but not before mid-August?

I would say hope, rather than expect at the moment (sadly).  

The embassy only sends out interview invitation letters monthly, right? So we would expect another group of folks to get notified in mid-August for September interviews, but not before mid-August?

Not necessarily. They used to give a 4-6 week notice  for interviews but many here have interviews scheduled for first week of August and only received notification last Tuesday. So that's about 2 weeks notice. Plus I don't think they've ever scheduled so many CR1/IR1s in such a short time frame. (End of Jan to mid-March DQs in the first three weeks of Aug). So I don't think we can rely on old trends any more.

They are definitely moving, and almost certainly prioritising spouse visas.

Apart from the 23rd Aug, no one here has an appointment for that week. So those final days in Aug might still be available for appointments and we'd have to hear about those soon. That takes us into Sept...

I still have faith they can interview April/May DQs in September. They've done it for late Jan to mid-March in August so why not?. Yes it's hope but it keeps me positive.

Also, I noticed yesterday my CEAC now says 'Foreign state of chargeability: Great Britain and Northern Ireland' which I'm almost certain it didn't say last week. Maybe it's always been on all of yours but 100 percent not on mine. That suggests the system is automating something. At least there's movement. May DQ here

3 minutes ago, SusanandJake said:

Not necessarily. They used to give a 4-6 week notice  for interviews but many here have interviews scheduled for first week of August and only received notification last Tuesday. So that's about 2 weeks notice. Plus I don't think they've ever scheduled so many CR1/IR1s in such a short time frame. (End of Jan to mid-March DQs in the first three weeks of Aug). So I don't think we can rely on old trends any more.

Apart from the 23rd Aug, no one here has an appointment for that week. So those final days in Aug might still be available for appointments and we'd have to hear about those soon. That takes us into Sept...

I still have faith they can interview April/May DQs in September. They've done it for late Jan to mid-March in August so why not?. Yes it's hope but it keeps me positive.

Also, I noticed yesterday my CEAC now says 'Foreign state of chargeability: Great Britain and Northern Ireland' which I'm almost certain it didn't say last week. Maybe it's always been on all of yours but 100 percent not on mine. That suggests the system is automating something. At least there's movement. May DQ here

Same! 

That would be fantastic. May 7 2021 DQ date for us. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 12.17.05 PM.png

24 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

Yes, it seems to be middle of the month when they notify judging by post history here.

I would say hope, rather than expect at the moment (sadly).  

Hope springs eternal. Mid August will be here before we know it.

6 hours ago, SusanandJake said:

You made me go and check! We have an attorney that handled our NVC stuff so I can't tell you if it changed to that recently as I haven't logged on since before we submitted... but ours says that too! Dare we get excited too quickly?! 😅 Just threeish weeks to the middle of August!

11 hours ago, EmliS said:

Over a year after applying, this morning got my visa approved at the embassy! So happy! Just so you know, it's very busy and they're pretty efficient at getting people seen- I'm positive there will be even more appointments available soon!

Thank you again for all your help and advice.

Congratulations! And thank you for the update, it's great to hear things are moving well at the embassy again! We are currently 1 year and 1 month post application, DQ'd in June so just hoping to have the interview before the end of the year currently which will be around 18 months after we initially applied! What a crazy and draining ride it has been so far...! Glad to hear you are approved, we may finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats - amazing news!

2 years since I applied, though I had delays during COVID with tax returns, criminal checks etc. Any day now...

On 7/22/2021 at 12:14 PM, SusanandJake said:

Thinking logically, the appointments could be scheduled en masse the middle of the month and then any slots that are freed by people rescheduling for later would then be processed.  Hence a few getting 2-3 weeks notice rather than 4-5.  Just a thought.

Glad to hear they are getting through the backlog.  Fingers crossed mine comes in soon.  I really hope I get some good news the middle of August but DQ in June so I might still have some waiting to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.