Greenbaum

AUGUST 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

139 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
16 hours ago, AnnaDi said:

Can you update what was it when you find out please? We sent our application also in August and got only NOA1 so far 

I’m very embarrassed and frustrated now as I realized that I have been following someone else’s case status all this time! I had typed our receipt number in my phone notes but one of the numbers was wrong. I had not noticed this earlier as all the dates matched our NOA1. But now our case status only says that the application was received. Well, I guess I don’t need to worry about it being a NOID but I had been waiting for this mystery document for weeks so it is a bit upsetting to realize that nothing is coming our way. But apparently someone’s application from August is being processed...

1 hour ago, Kaljukotka said:

I’m very embarrassed and frustrated now as I realized that I have been following someone else’s case status all this time! I had typed our receipt number in my phone notes but one of the numbers was wrong. I had not noticed this earlier as all the dates matched our NOA1. I'm confused please help to understand something if you will. How did you know you had the wrong receipt numbers?

But now our case status only says that the application was received. Well, I guess I don’t need to worry about it being a NOID but I had been waiting for this mystery document for weeks, so it is a bit upsetting to realize that nothing is coming our way.

I would think you would think this is a good thing that no RFE is being sent and that your case is still processing normally.

But apparently someone’s application from August is being processed...

The lesson learned I am sure is that in the end you really didn't have to be so concerned and frustrated as your case is still being adjudicated and everything is normal. Being engaged as you were with this process has been a good thing as you now know exactly where you are in the process. Don't be down on yourself. You are with the majority [processing normally] and not the minority [those that are getting RFE's or NOIDS's] of the applicants. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The lesson learned I am sure is that in the end you really didn't have to be so concerned and frustrated as your case is still being adjudicated and everything is normal. Being engaged as you were with this process has been a good thing as you now know exactly where you are in the process. Don't be down on yourself. You are with the majority [processing normally] and not the minority [those that are getting RFE's or NOIDS's] of the applicants. :thumbs:

You are right and now we don’t have to worry about it anymore! I was mainly angry with myself as I had initially typed the receipt number that I received with the NOA1 on my phone notes and every time I checked the status online I had copy/pasted that same number to the website. I had also saved that wrong number on the My USCIS account. I only happened to notice it when I tried to check the actual NOA1 date from the receipt and figure out how long it took for the mail to arrive last time and that is when I just happened to compare the receipt number with the one I had saved on my phone and realized I had typed one number wrong. It was so frustrating because I am quite neurotic about these type of things so I was surprised I had made a mistake with something as important as this. :D Luckily no damage was done and hopefully we have been neurotic enough with our actual application so that we can dodge those RFEs. ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kaljukotka said:

I’m very embarrassed and frustrated now as I realized that I have been following someone else’s case status all this time! I had typed our receipt number in my phone notes but one of the numbers was wrong. I had not noticed this earlier as all the dates matched our NOA1. But now our case status only says that the application was received. Well, I guess I don’t need to worry about it being a NOID but I had been waiting for this mystery document for weeks so it is a bit upsetting to realize that nothing is coming our way. But apparently someone’s application from August is being processed...

Hey,thanks for the response. Don't worry, the most important is that it's not NOID, at least we know that they check some applications from August.I hope we won't wait for too long and soon we all will be approved 😉

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ktamv said:

Hi everyone! 

NOA1: August 5th, 2020

Anxiously waiting for NOA2

Welcome to the thread. I advise you that you start at the beginning of this thread and read the posts/questions others have asked so that you are up to speed to where everyone is at this moment. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

My timeline shows this: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between April 5, 2021 and April 9, 2021*.

Does this date refer to when I should expect NOA2 from USCIS or when it's estimated that we will get the visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kel_H said:

My timeline shows this: Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between April 5, 2021 and April 9, 2021*.

Does this date refer to when I should expect NOA2 from USCIS or when it's estimated that we will get the visa?

That's when VJ estimates you should get your NOA2. VJ is not an official source, even if its estimates may be more accurate than the official timelines.

Note that VJ's estimates are most accurate when a lot of petitions are being processed (and so a lot of people are updating their timelines) and when processing times are relatively stable or going down; when they're going up, there's lag between processing time increases and VJ estimate increases.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, ktamv said:

Hi everyone! 

NOA1: August 5th, 2020

Anxiously waiting for NOA2

My NOA1: Aug. 4th, 2020! Right behind you!

I suggest you read on the June 2020 Filers thread. There's rumbling of late June moving, so that's a good sign. 

Now, the consulate, that's another story....

Edited by fezlopez

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Feels silly that I'm just finding this thread now after what felt like some deep dives digging through forums, but joining the party :)

I-129F Sent : 2020-07-23
I-129F NOA1 : 2020-08-06

Happily watching July filers start to get their NOA2s, and that estimated adjudicated date move closer instead of further!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.