Greenbaum

AUGUST 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

139 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Cheburashka34 said:

Right I meant the beneficiary thank you!!

Yes. I also took the liberty of explaining both requirements, one for the Petitioner and one for the Beneficiary, as your question by be read by others who may have a similar question. So, I sometimes pontificate the full meaning as I did with your question. You can dissect out of it the answer to your question. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 7:18 AM, Greenbaum said:

If the file is at NVC it's best to call them to arrange for transfer. If the case is at the embassy, then you must contact the embassy for the transfer to take place to the new embassy. Keep in mind you may experience longer transfer time if the file is at the embassy. Some say 20-60 days delay. NVC just turns your record around before shipment to the new requested embassy. 

Hi again, once the case does get to the NVC will I have to wait until a case number is assigned? Would calling USCIS and asking them to change the designated embassy at the present moment not make a difference? My only worry about NVC stage is that I won't be able to get case number before they've already got it ready to be sent out. 

9 hours ago, neultree said:

Hi again, once the case does get to the NVC will I have to wait until a case number is assigned?

No. But they would have to have to know if your case is there or not.

Would calling USCIS and asking them to change the designated embassy at the present moment not make a difference?

The procedure in force stipulates that the receiving country's U.S. Embassy or Consulate must accept your request. Acceptance depends upon your basis and eligibility. When your reason and eligibility to be processed in another country are established, my experience has been about 6 weeks additional time, often much less.

My only worry about NVC stage is that I won't be able to get case number before they've already got it ready to be sent out. 

That's a chance you'll have to take.

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Good luck and stay engaged. 

Thank you! Fiance currently has residence in Japan and was originally planning to be there up until we got the visa, but now is planning to return to country of citizenship in South Korea. I suppose calling uscis now wouldn't help as then I'd also have to change his address? Otherwise I'll just wait until NVC stage (and worst case embassy stage if all else fails)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I also filed for a K1 visa in August. Sent the I129F packet in on August 10, got the NOA1 about two weeks later. It hasn't exactly been encouraging to see the VJ I129F adjudication estimate just get later and later the past two months, but I guess this is just the beginning of a very long wait, given the many delays caused by the pandemic. Sigh...

On 10/7/2020 at 6:12 AM, Greenbaum said:

USC petitioner does not require a PCC. When they supplied the I-129f, their information is run through different Federal and Local repositories for security checks. The beneficiary is the only one required to do complete PCC if they meet living in another country, from their home country, since the age of sixteen for 6 months or more.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Once you land on the page, review the left column, and select the first letter of the country you want to access. Then select your country and once you land on the page for the country your looking for scroll down a bit and find "Police, Court, Prison Records" tab and select it. First thing you want to know is if you are not physically in the country to request your PCC will they provide one. If they don't provide one because of the requirement that you have to be personally in the country, then you will not need one from that country. Take a screen shot and print the page off to bring with you to the interview. Most CO's know which country's you can get a PCC from without too much trouble. In the event the CO does not know this for one of your country's you can offer the screen shot in your defense.

This is very helpful--thank you for posting it! I'm having a little trouble figuring out the answer to a specific question for my fiance's situation, though. My fiance (the beneficiary) has lived most of his life in India and is there currently, so he'll definitely need an Indian PCC. However, he also lived for a little over a year in Nepal in 2017-2018. (Incidentally, we met in Nepal.)

Based on what you wrote, Greenbaum, and looking at the page for Nepal on the website you linked to, I can't quite figure out if my fiance will need a PCC from Nepal after all. (We had been assuming he would, so it would be a bit of a relief if he didn't.) The page says, "For individuals residing abroad, a family member or relative in Nepal may apply on their behalf..." but my fiance doesn't have any family in Nepal.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nepal.html

Based on the situation I've described and what that page for Nepal says, does it seems my fiance won't need a PCC from Nepal?

7 hours ago, joe.b said:

I also filed for a K1 visa in August. Sent the I129F packet in on August 10, got the NOA1 about two weeks later. It hasn't exactly been encouraging to see the VJ I129F adjudication estimate just get later and later the past two months, but I guess this is just the beginning of a very long wait, given the many delays caused by the pandemic. Sigh...

This is very helpful--thank you for posting it! I'm having a little trouble figuring out the answer to a specific question for my fiance's situation, though. My fiance (the beneficiary) has lived most of his life in India and is there currently, so he'll definitely need an Indian PCC. However, he also lived for a little over a year in Nepal in 2017-2018. (Incidentally, we met in Nepal.)

Based on what you wrote, Greenbaum, and looking at the page for Nepal on the website you linked to, I can't quite figure out if my fiance will need a PCC from Nepal after all. (We had been assuming he would, so it would be a bit of a relief if he didn't.) The page says, "For individuals residing abroad, a family member or relative in Nepal may apply on their behalf..." but my fiance doesn't have any family in Nepal.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nepal.html

Based on the situation I've described and what that page for Nepal says, does it seems my fiance won't need a PCC from Nepal?

Call them or email for current information.  For further inquiry, please mail at: chalchalan@nepalpolice.gov.np or contact on +977 01-4412783, 9851285920

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, Karishmap said:

Sent:  August 14, 2020

NOA1 date: August 22, 2020

now just waiting.......

Welcome to the club. Be sure to tip the wait and bar staff. Please feel free to discuss any questions you may have. We are here to help you onward to your visa. Good luck and stay engaged.  

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Call them or email for current information.  For further inquiry, please mail at: chalchalan@nepalpolice.gov.np or contact on +977 01-4412783, 9851285920

Alright, thanks for the input.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi all! We sent in our application in the end of August and received Our NOA1 in the beginning of September. We have been prepared for the long wait of NOA2 but I happened to check My Case Status and it states that

October 7, 2020

Document Was Mailed

We mailed your document for your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e).”

We have not received the document yet as we are living in Finland and the mail takes long to get here, especially with the pandemic affecting the route. Has anyone had this status this early on in the process and what could it be? Shouldn’t the case status tell me if it is an RFE? I have seen others ask about this case status online but they never confirmed what document was sent to them. 

6 hours ago, Kaljukotka said:

Hi all! We sent in our application in the end of August and received Our NOA1 in the beginning of September. We have been prepared for the long wait of NOA2 but I happened to check My Case Status and it states that

October 7, 2020

Document Was Mailed

We have not received the document yet as we are living in Finland and the mail takes long to get here, especially with the pandemic affecting the route. Has anyone had this status this early on in the process and what could it be? Shouldn’t the case status tell me if it is an RFE? I have seen others ask about this case status online but they never confirmed what document was sent to them. 

It can be either a NOID (denial) which I highly doubt, your NOA2 approval notice or an additional RFE but that is usually unlikely. You can call USCIS, ask for a tier two agent and they can access your record and let you know what it is. Be sure to explain to them that you are in Finland and the mail takes more than 30 days to arrive and you would like to know. If they refuse, hang up and try again. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kaljukotka said:

October 7, 2020

Document Was Mailed

Can you update what was it when you find out please? We sent our application also in August and got only NOA1 so far 

9 hours ago, Kaljukotka said:

October 7, 2020

Document Was Mailed

Oh! BTW we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It can be either a NOID (denial) which I highly doubt, your NOA2 approval notice or an additional RFE but that is usually unlikely. You can call USCIS, ask for a tier two agent and they can access your record and let you know what it is. Be sure to explain to them that you are in Finland and the mail takes more than 30 days to arrive and you would like to know. If they refuse, hang up and try again. 

Thank you for this! We were also thinking that it could be any of the above so that’s why we are curious. We will stay patient and wait until the 6th but if we haven’t received the document by then we will call before requesting a new document. 

3 hours ago, AnnaDi said:

Can you update what was it when you find out please? We sent our application also in August and got only NOA1 so far 

I will! It is very annoying when someone asks a question online but never returns with answers so I will promise to update what it is.

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Oh! BTW we need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks 

Thanks! I updated the rest of my profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Kaljukotka said:

I will! It is very annoying when someone asks a question online but never returns with answers so I will promise to update what it is.

Yes,I absolutely agree. Thanks,that would be awesome 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.