Ad & Ga

Open US Embassies around the world for family sponsored immigrant visa interviews

37 posts in this topic

The government doesn't care about you, let alone your immigrant family members. If you haven't learned that by now I am not sure what else to say. If you a CEO or Wall Street player you can wine and dine with the chief executive. Otherwise print out this petition and all others like it and keep it on hand in case there's another run on toilet tissue.

5 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Well what do we expect of a hybrid visa that is neither here or there...it gets caught up in everything,,😣

When we went through customs at LAX the CBP supervisor told my wife that her K-1 had now converted to a CR-1. I know what he meant. I just smiled and remained silent. Even the people who are supposed to know aren't really sure what the **** a K-1 is)))))  Seriously, I am surprised they just haven't done away with the K-1 and force people to marry and use the marriage related visas.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Hi,

But I think we need to sign this one first: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/cancellation-proclamation-suspending-legal-immigration-united-states-june-22-2020

It sounds so unfair and heartbreaking. 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning, everybody! It is very sad to know that even in the midst of a pandemic, people are no longer in solidarity.    Whatever your visa, helping mothers and fathers separated from their children at this time should be a sign of humanity.  My visa is IR1 (Brazil) Case Complete since March 18 and 0 interviews at the consulate in our country.  Thank you to those who have empathy and compassion.    To those who don't, count on me for any help they need.  We don't know what could happen tomorrow anyway.  Good vibes to evereyone 🙏 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Good morning, everybody! It is very sad to know that even in the midst of a pandemic, people are no longer in solidarity.    Whatever your visa, helping mothers and fathers separated from their children at this time should be a sign of humanity.  My visa is IR1 (Brazil) Case Complete since March 18 and 0 interviews at the consulate in our country.  Thank you to those who have empathy and compassion.    To those who don't, count on me for any help they need.  We don't know what could happen tomorrow anyway.  Good vibes to evereyone 🙏 

Fellow Brazilian here. I got DQ'd in May. Based on no evidence whatsoever, I think we should start hearing about interviews in a month or so. You'll probably be one of the first ones to go and I hope your ride is smooth! Let's stick together with positive attitude and empathy.

Embassies will open when COVID situations is under control in various countries . In the middle of a pandemic i highly doubt that DOS cares about anyone. They care about officers lives too.

Officers lives >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> people temporarily separated for a couple of months 

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
20 hours ago, Quarknase said:

But most of the visas are suspended until end of the year, the embassy opening would only benefit spouses and children of USC.

Not that I don't wish for them to get interviews asap, but they are already considered mission critical and can be scheduled before official embassy opening :)

I am USC and my husband can't get interview. I was told we have to wait until they reopen embassy. 

And yes I've tried to get expedited and they declined it. 

4 hours ago, jasonlzak said:

Signing a petition is useless under Trump administration. All you need is to vote Blue in November.

Yeah how about Not..... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ad & Ga said:

I really wonder how you guys are dealing with everything. The nasty attitude and selfishness towards others problems around VJ is insane these days. I would never think that me sharing a link of some petition would create some negative reaction as it did. Adding facts and sharing information is absolutely necessary but there's a difference between complementing the narrative to support it and comment in a patronizing way. As i say this right now i see other topics with people talking about their own experiences with their embassies, talking about it being closed and not doing emergency interviews. I know that my embassy is 100% closed for 5 months and wont open until september (and as I said before, doesn't impact me because im not there yet) and this are people sharing their experience and others instead of empathize they come with a government link trying to force their truth (that everybody knows it's the theory, but not happening in reality). I always saw VJ as a support group with information from people going through the same hard time, supporting and informing, now it's just attacking without a real reason. When you say: YOUR CASE IS NOT AN EMERGENCY, or YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT, that can break that person's mental health. Instead of saying something patronizing and rude, why not be quiet? Or try saying something nice? 

realism is absolutely necessary but without a LITTLE hope and kindness people will be driven crazy. 
also, some people are supporting nonsense in here are the same ones complaining about people's nasty attitude in other topics, im not here to fight or force my truth on anyone, i was simply sharing a freaking link

At this point there's a new petition every day. I don't see how signing them, especially considering the current administration's agenda, is going to change anything. At this point I've seen more petitions than I've gotten spam in my email, so while it might seem nasty, it's getting super annoying on this end too.

At least talk to your American friends about it. Having people on your side who will maybe consider voting when they wouldn't have otherwise (because let's be honest, no one's going to switch party over this) is going to be a lot more helpful than just sharing useless petition after useless petition.

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, HKS said:

I am USC and my husband can't get interview. I was told we have to wait until they reopen embassy. 

And yes I've tried to get expedited and they declined it. 

I’m sorry that they have declined your expedite :( It depends on so many factors these days - if consular officers are on the post (many went home to be with family throughout the pandemic I assume), the corona situation in a specific country, travel restrictions, and so on... There won’t be a “one for all” solution and sadly we all have to be more patient...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.