16 posts in this topic

Has anyone used Rapid visa? My Fiancé and I, we are going to get married next month in August and I’ve been researching the process for AOS and I feel like it’s very time consuming and could use more help and also they offer payment plans for your UICIS fees. Is the service worth it? Were they transparent during the process? Did they get your green card approved? I don’t want to spend money on an outside company and they aren’t helpful. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Multiple posters have used RV.  Use the search function on this site.   That company is a partner to Visa Journey.  I have seen mixed reviews.  Be aware that you will still be required to do all the leg work of gathering documents, evidence, etc.   Good luck....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you want to pay them for mailing your package? 

expensive postage 

You still do all the work yourself

they can not make it faster 

All they do is to fill in your information, check and mail your package. If you need real help, find an immigration legal office.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joec214 said:

Has anyone used Rapid visa? My Fiancé and I, we are going to get married next month in August and I’ve been researching the process for AOS and I feel like it’s very time consuming and could use more help and also they offer payment plans for your UICIS fees. Is the service worth it? Were they transparent during the process? Did they get your green card approved? I don’t want to spend money on an outside company and they aren’t helpful. 

Using RV won't guarantee that your GC will be approved. What's guaranteed is:

1. You'll do all the leg work in terms of providing information to them (which if your case is simple as A B C, you may as well use the DIY guides at the top right of the page and save $$ paid to RV, albeit even in installments)

2. Depending on how busy they are or how many back and forths that'll arise between you and them, your case will be delayed by you just sending it to them (you may as well just cut off this lapse time and send the information to USCIS yourself because you've already DIY-ed 1 above)

3. You will pay them. I don't like typing anything in a computer but it took me 4 hours max to fill all those forms on Adobe. So if you're like my wife, you can crack it in half the time. Some of us prefer old-school pen to paper. One of you can type, the other can take charge of collecting the documents.  Then you switch and crosscheck each other's work..🤷🏾‍♂️ Btw, the instructions are also free online. So it'll tell you what to submit with the documents 

4. They will send your application to USCIS. 

5. That's all.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

Using RV won't guarantee that your GC will be approved. What's guaranteed is:

1. You'll do all the leg work in terms of providing information to them (which if your case is simple as A B C, you may as well use the DIY guides at the top right of the page and save $$ paid to RV, albeit even in installments)

2. Depending on how busy they are or how many back and forths that'll arise between you and them, your case will be delayed by you just sending it to them (you may as well just cut off this lapse time and send the information to USCIS yourself because you've already DIY-ed 1 above)

3. You will pay them. I don't like typing anything in a computer but it took me 4 hours max to fill all those forms on Adobe. So if you're like my wife, you can crack it in half the time. Some of us prefer old-school pen to paper. One of you can type, the other can take charge of collecting the documents.  Then you switch and crosscheck each other's work..🤷🏾‍♂️ Btw, the instructions are also free online. So it'll tell you what to submit with the documents 

4. They will send your application to USCIS. 

5. That's all.

Yes. They will do all these things and they do, sometimes, make mistakes. So, in addition, to all the things you'll have to do yourself anyway, you will have to do your own research to be sure your application has been completed correctly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We used RapidVisa for the K-1. Based on that experience, we decided not to use them for AOS. I agree with all the responses above me that tell you that you will still have to do all of the leg work. They don't provide a lot of bang for your buck. They will actually slow down your timeline, because they will act as a middle-man and take time to review your package before they mail it. I found VJ to be infinitely more helpful throughout our entire process. Whether you decide to use RV or not, you should still spend some time reading the VJ guides and asking specific questions here, also. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Don't waste your money..a lot of people messed up there application..dealing with them..I say trust your own judgement..also it's not rapid either..everyone has to go through the same process🤷🏿‍♀️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I used Rapid Visa for my K1 Visa and AOS. I think instead of paying for a lawyer if you don't have immigration issues, Rapid visa worth it because they make sure you have all your papers before sending your packages and you can call them for questions. 

13 hours ago, Joec214 said:

You still have to provide all of the documents and thoroughly check and sign everything.  Most of us at VJ have done our entire processes ourselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sadly we have come across some real Horror stories, best to do it yourself or employ a Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We used them for i130 submittion and dumped them before NVC.. save your money do it yourself your basically paying them to tell you the forms instructions, which you could read yourself anyway.. you still do all the work.. wish I’d of found this site sooner.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

15 hours ago, Joec214 said:

My friend paid them $500 and they got an RFE for their I-130. If you can spend a few hours reading through the guides here, you can do it yourself. I did it myself and did not receive an RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Did my AOS all by myself. Did it over a few months honestly. I started on it before my wife arrived here in her K1 visa even. There is now the I944 as an extra form, but just do a form a day. Doing it in one shot will drain you, spend a week putting it together and you still will get it done faster than RV. Here is a photo of my AOS ready to go. It can be done. I honestly just disassembled my spare copy of our K1 package, as almost everything I needed was in there, and then assembled the AOS.333381562_AOS.jpg.3a1795afd4300f5b8880c01cf8cc5486.jpg

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

17 hours ago, Joec214 said:

Run don't walk away from Rapid Visa!!!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.