dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

It is a date for all embassies to consider if it is safe to open. If a particular country is locked down still then common sense will say they aren’t open

check

the Embassy website after 7/15

They posted it again 8 hours ago to a question from June 10. This is apparently the date that they are allowed to begin phased reopening per the DOS. Praying for more good news. Also on another note US Embassy in Jamaica FB announced beginning student visas on June 22.705684233_Screenshot_20200711-1921502.thumb.png.d7806f0ffa79ccc446183fd540b25234.png

3 minutes ago, SETETA said:

They posted it again 8 hours ago to a question from June 10. This is apparently the date that they are allowed to begin phased reopening per the DOS. Praying for more good news. Also on another note US Embassy in Jamaica FB announced beginning student visas on June 22.705684233_Screenshot_20200711-1921502.thumb.png.d7806f0ffa79ccc446183fd540b25234.png

if the COVID conditions in any of the countries are not under control, they wont open. its contingent on that.. it does not mean everything will open on that date. atleast that is what i read from it 

duh

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kimi31 said:

It is a date for all embassies to consider if it is safe to open. If a particular country is locked down still then common sense will say they aren’t open

check

the Embassy website after 7/15

In the same twitter thread strangely they responded to everyone else that they don’t have a date yet - only the euro question received the 7/15 response.

What we don’t know is, if two social media managers simply respond differently, or if it’s really only for the EU

42 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

In the same twitter thread strangely they responded to everyone else that they don’t have a date yet - only the euro question received the 7/15 response.

What we don’t know is, if two social media managers simply respond differently, or if it’s really only for the EU

Their Facebook stories said all embassies but at different times based on local conditions and I’m sure I’ve seen Taiwan interviews 

Edited by Kimi31

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimi31 said:

Their Facebook stories said all embassies but at different times based on local conditions and I’m sure I’ve seen Taiwan interviews 

It was not just the Euro thread. My friend asked about Egypt and received the same response. Actually, this response was from yesterday. All days before that had no estimated date as the response.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone been off for a minute cause my baby girls expedite request was denied.  I was so depressed I had to take a break from life 😞.  Praying that everyone is having a great, safe day!

55 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Hey everyone been off for a minute cause my baby girls expedite request was denied.  I was so depressed I had to take a break from life 😞.  Praying that everyone is having a great, safe day!

Don't let it discourage you. Soon embassies will begin to open one by one and we all get our interviews and most importantly reunite with our loved ones💪 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, neilsqueen said:

So sorry. We also sent request to expedite our cases for same reason. Girls need continue their school programs. But didn’t have response yet. We sent 1th of July. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I asked specifically about Brazil on that twitter thread and got the same response with the July 15th date. So i think it could apply to any country that wants to begin phased services. 

4 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I'm so sorry. It must be hard to see how other embassies expedite all types of non-emergencies (Manila, I'm looking at you) and you have what feels like a valid reason, yet get denied.

Keep your head up - you guys are so close and have most of this behind you already ❤️

Manila's expedite process is obviously a joke, but in the end it hurts people who really need an expedite, since every case is expedited, in reality no case is expedited.

If that makes sense.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, neilsqueen said:

I can empathize with u.. I had notes from three different doctors and my job and I was still denied.. I too was down and I cried.. but am holding onto faith that this to shall pass.. sending u virtual hugs 🤗 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

Manila's expedite process is obviously a joke, but in the end it hurts people who really need an expedite, since every case is expedited, in reality no case is expedited.

If that makes sense.

Totally. Manila will be busy for months working through all the expedites they granted since embassy closure :D As you said - it's sad for those that have a real emergency, and I somewhat hope that they differ by reason (as in medical emergency gets an interview earlier than a "don't want to spend anniversary apart" emergency)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.