Aaab

Lets help clear/fix all the mixed answers regarding the K visas and the EO

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, remotercharm said:

Just sent my congressman a message about out situation!

Awesome!!! I truly believe we can get somewhere by doing this. Thank you for your comment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post violating the TOS removed. Others for quoting said post.~~

TOS Violations

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Aaab said:

Hello all,

There is a lot of mixed answers. The EO does not mention that K1 is affected however nor does it mention it is exempt as the only exemptions to this are spouses and children. Some lawyers are saying the K visas are not affected and some are saying it is; Just like some embassies.

The most simple solution is to gather information from the government themselves, mind you, we might still get mixed answers. If all the US Citizens take some time to write an email to either their house representative or their state senate regarding where the K visas stand, we can get a more clear answer than the speculations going around and everyone's take on the EO.

We are all in the same boat and we are all in this together. Lets be positive and lets make some noise. Instead of having each consulate have their own interpretation, as some already are doing so. For Ex. the London embassy saying that the K1 is affected as stated in their appt cancellation email. If we make noise regarding the K visas within the Gov we might get a clear answer and they might include us in the EO.

Please no negative replies.

People have been doing this and havent waited until now. The US government currently has bigger fish to fry then our visas. We have to wait and see. The embassies aren't open for routine processing, and until they are, we can't do anything anyways. It seems every week someone has a "new" idea about how to fasttrack the process. It's not going to happen. The world is coming out of one of the worst situations it's seen since WW2, and we can't expect it to go our way all the time. Not to be negative, but it is the reality of life right now. 

13 hours ago, remotercharm said:

Just sent my congressman a message about our situation!

What situation is that? K1s are not affected

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
5 hours ago, RPete said:

People have been doing this and havent waited until now. The US government currently has bigger fish to fry then our visas. We have to wait and see. The embassies aren't open for routine processing, and until they are, we can't do anything anyways. It seems every week someone has a "new" idea about how to fasttrack the process. It's not going to happen. The world is coming out of one of the worst situations it's seen since WW2, and we can't expect it to go our way all the time. Not to be negative, but it is the reality of life right now. 

My fiancé called the US embassy located in Peru today and they told him that routine services will be suspended worldwide until December 31, 2020. 

We wanted to request an emergency appointment as other people did in Australia (from what I saw in other posts), however, they said getting married isn’t an emergency. It should be a life or death emergency. They also said that there’s people stranded in other countries waiting to get back to the US and that’s their priority at this point.

☹️😭

Edited by Claukittens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Claukittens said:

My fiancé called the US embassy located in Peru today and they told him that routine services will be suspended worldwide until December 31, 2020. 

We wanted to request an emergency appointment as other people did in Australia (from what I saw in other posts), however, they said getting married isn’t an emergency. It should be a life or death emergency. They also said that there’s people stranded in other countries waiting to get back to the US and that’s their priority at this point.

☹️😭

Are you sure they weren’t talking about the EO if not that will be ridiculous!!! 

16 minutes ago, Claukittens said:

☹️😭

What do they mean by all visa services? I just seen some interviews getting reschedule in Singapore and Jamaica , this for IR1/CR1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.