dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2020

164 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, reashamoriba said:

Interview cancelled and rescheduled for June

Praying this holds and all is opened up by then.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
17 hours ago, jboltz03113 said:

Hi all - do you think it'd be possible for a spouse to come visit the US while they're awaiting a date being scheduled for interview?

We've made it this far and our case complete by NVC demonstrates the good-standing of the application. There wouldn't be an intent to immigrate during that stay if they're going to fly back for their interview. Spouse would have a return ticket as well.

Thoughts? I don't think there's a lot of risk involved if we've already proven that we've been following the process.

I visited my spouse in US multiple times before I got DQ. Every time I travelled I would bring copies of documents such as return ticket, employment contract, current lease, tax receipts, etc. to show that I was currently living and working outside U.S. while I'm waiting on the consular process. My lawyer also said it's fine. However, given U.S. closes borders to many (if not all) countries, I wonder if you can do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, mave said:

I visited my spouse in US multiple times before I got DQ. Every time I travelled I would bring copies of documents such as return ticket, employment contract, current lease, tax receipts, etc. to show that I was currently living and working outside U.S. while I'm waiting on the consular process. My lawyer also said it's fine. However, given U.S. closes borders to many (if not all) countries, I wonder if you can do it.

How were you able to attain a visa to go to the US to visit your spouse? What type of visa did you enter with? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, David & Olga said:

How were you able to attain a visa to go to the US to visit your spouse? What type of visa did you enter with? 

For example I visited my husband with tourist visa. And I didn’t have any documents to prove our marriage or employment contract. I just always told true to officers that I came to visit my spouse and we are in immigration process. That is all. And never had any problems. I visited him about 5 times. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
15 hours ago, David & Olga said:

I have Canadian passport and I can enter US without visa.

When I got through Immigration (about 6 visits since we filed), no question asked about my filing. Each time at the US immigration, the officer only asked questions like the purpose of your trip, where do you live, where do you work, how long will you stay. Just general questions.

Timeline

Just FYI. Exactly one week after DQ (April 29th as I was told over the phone, category IR1) we received the standard completion E-mail:

-----------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.

The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment. 

You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin at https://usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at https://nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview.  For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

·         He or she is more than 16 years old;

·         The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

·         He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center

-----------------------------

Note that the usual "

Most appointments are set within three months of NVCs receipt of all requested documentation.

" sentence is missing, I guess that's the change in wording they implemented due to the coronavirus situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, shu josh said:

I got DQ_02/06.

Anyone else waiting??

DQ 8/29/19  - interview will be in Juarez, Mexico.  Hopefully we get a date before Christmas.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey all,

I see this is the Case Complete to Interview June 2020. We were DQ'd on 6th APRIL 2020. Do we follow the thread for APRIL?

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, jboltz03113 said:

Hi all - do you think it'd be possible for a spouse to come visit the US while they're awaiting a date being scheduled for interview?

We've made it this far and our case complete by NVC demonstrates the good-standing of the application. There wouldn't be an intent to immigrate during that stay if they're going to fly back for their interview. Spouse would have a return ticket as well.

Thoughts? I don't think there's a lot of risk involved if we've already proven that we've been following the process.

Hi jboltz02113

Without covid running around, I would have probably travelled to the US. We cancelled all our trips (my husband to come to France, and me to go see him in the US) because of the virus.

The fact that you are in the middle of the process to get your green card doesn't prevent you from travelling and visit your spouse.

The problem is really about the virus : what will be the quaranteene policy once your land in the US (different of course, according to the State you are going to) and then same when you go back to Spain... I don't know how it is in Spain but I think the whole Schengen space is closed so you may have problems to come back (call your Ministery of Foreign Affairs for that, or on their website they should be able to tell you).

At this stage, you just don't want to miss your ITW at the Embassy 😉

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, babito said:

Hey all,

I see this is the Case Complete to Interview June 2020. We were DQ'd on 6th APRIL 2020. Do we follow the thread for APRIL?

No, stick here with us 😉

I got DQ the same day April6th.

You may have your interview in June, so you are at the right place ( if your itw is later, in that case you will smootly slide into the discussion to be created end of May)

Welcome!

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Hi, got DQ on April 21. Still waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

The consulate general that applies to me is the one in Bogotá,COL. 

hopefully it will be soon. 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi. I received an email from NVC today that my expedite request was approved and my case will be sent to the embassy. What should I do now? Should I e-mail the embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SETETA said:

Hi. I received an email from NVC today that my expedite request was approved and my case will be sent to the embassy. What should I do now? Should I e-mail the embassy?

Now you wait for the embassy to contact you with the interview letter.

Consulates/embassies are all closed so don´t anticipate to hear any news until they open again... unfortunately no one knows when that will be. Could vary from country to country, depending on the COVID19 response in each area.

I´m in the same boat as you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, Hilde said:

Now you wait for the embassy to contact you with the interview letter.

Consulates/embassies are all closed so don´t anticipate to hear any news until they open again... unfortunately no one knows when that will be. Could vary from country to country, depending on the COVID19 response in each area.

I´m in the same boat as you.

Hi thanks have you received any update from the embassy or reached out to them? Also were your papers DQed? Thanks so much. Yes, we all hope they open soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.