Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Boring Life said:

What about those affected by ban. Will there be an effect on their interview. Will consulate normally condcut their interview and once abn lifted can get visa?

Hard to say what exactly will happen once the consulates begin to reopen.  I suppose they can continue to conduct interviews, and then just put the person in AP until the EO expires and they can issue the visa (assuming approval).  However, with the potential of the EO being extended, they may delay interviews.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

Would my I-90 be delayed? It had wrong year of birth. DHS error. I am inside USA.

It does not appear to delay anything related to those already in possession of a GC, or those going through AOS already in the US.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Maybe this will be helpful to many:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/trump-immigration-ban-halts-green-cards-not-temporary-visas.html

KEY POINTS
  • Trump said that the move would not impact those in the country on a temporary basis and would apply only to those looking for green cards in hopes of staying.
  • An administration official familiar with the plans had said earlier the order would be focused on preventing people from winning permission to live and work in the U.S.
  • That would include those seeking employment-based green cards and relatives of green card holders who are not citizens.

Hi, I am really confused with the E.O. I am currently Document Qualified and just waiting for the embassy to open for interview. Does that mean I won't be able to get interview because only those who finished with interview and has visa on hand can go to US now? I am spouse of USC and has a valid license in US as a nurse and I would like to inquire for an expedite interview once the embassies starts to open again.

Hi everyone!  My story short: my fiancé (USC) sent K1 visa doc in the mid-December. We got our NOA2 on 30th of March.  I am medical doctor working in my country and being in the middle of nostrification of my medical diploma (to work in USA as MD) I was supposed to take part in Match program for residency in USA this year,  I still need to do a practise exam that is only performed in US (I have my term on 2nd of September in Phili and need to be there to do that). The timeframe with K1 visas PAUSED - confused with EO?? But as in the EO is written that the all physician and the health workers are exempt? How do you think where should we apply our case as the same time we are K1 visa waiters (not sure if they proceed them)  and I am physician (exempt).

PS we get through this together   

1 hour ago, designguy said:

It seems even the embassy's themselves are confused. From the wording in this response it makes it seem as had K1 been issued after the proclamation then it would be invalid.

I guess we wont know 100% for sure until some of these embassy's and consulates open up or State issues some clarity. Based on precedent it would seem K-1s would not be covered, but then the language is left broad enough for them to interpret as they see fit

I wonder if it would even matter in the end. Since K1 visas are non-immigrant visas, they don't seem to be affected by this at the time (according to the proclamation's wording). And even if it would be sort of considered an immigration visa as it will result in a green card through AOS, the K1 visa holder would become a USC's spouse through marriage (K1's are only possible for USC's fiancés, right?) and would therefore be exempt from the proclamation anyways. Or is my thinking wrong? 🤔 .

Edited by B&C2017

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, INF said:

I imagine since permanent residents’ spouses files are no longer processed it could potentially create a little faster process? 

doesn't say anything about not processed. Visa's won't be issued, but that's about it

I'm glad they've exempted USCs applying for spouse and children, though I think they are still rather vague on too many other points. Right now I'll just be happy when they reopen the embassy so that they can start processing again. Our I-130 has been sitting in the mailroom since March 18th. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, techworker42 said:

As a LPR who is currently sponsoring my spouse, I am devastated and disgusted.

So much time waiting already because of unknown delays and now this... makes me feel to want to jump off a bridge.

Does anyone know what happens to an I-130 that was approved? Is it basically gone and we have to start again from scratch, or does it remain active and the embassy/NVC part is on hold for a spouse outside the country?

I think our processing continues until interview stage, but a visa won't be issued until this is over. I'm with you, and I'm honestly thinking of moving and taking my job with me if this gets extended after 60 days

Hello everyone. My visa category is F2A, but my father has naturalized. He sent request to upgrade in November along with copy of naturalization certificate, but there wasn't any confirmation about the upgrade being processed. I asked live USCIS representative back in February and she said she couldn't find any record of upgrade. And so I sent another request to upgrade my visa category. Some days later I received an email that basically said this:

Only the officer reviewing your case can make the updates that you have requested. We have forwarded your concerns to your file and they will be reviewed by the officer at the time of adjudication. No updates have been made at this time.  
I still don't know if it has been upgraded to IR category, which is exempt from this EO (but F2A is not). What can I do? I am currently outside the US.
Edited by orange2341

2 minutes ago, orange2341 said:

Hello everyone. My visa category is F2A, but my father has naturalized. He sent request to upgrade in November along with copy of naturalization certificate, but there wasn't any confirmation about the upgrade being processed. I asked live USCIS representative back in February and she said she couldn't find any record of upgrade. And so I sent another request to upgrade my visa category. Some days later I received an email that basically said this:

Only the officer reviewing your case can make the updates that you have requested. We have forwarded your concerns to your file and they will be reviewed by the officer at the time of adjudication. No updates have been made at this time.  
I still don't know if it has been upgraded to IR category, which is exempt from this EO (but F2A is not). What can I do? I am currently outside the US.

As long as it is F2A it may go to the embassy to sit the eo. If you can get it upgraded then it can get sent to sit until the consulate opens.  

He is the one that will need to contact USCIS.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.