Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Just now, Quarknase said:

Can you define "this"?

"Sec. 4.  Termination.  This proclamation shall expire 60 days from its effective date and may be continued as necessary.  Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation."

Just now, elizabethquestion said:

Still not clear if existing marriage based AOS will still be processed, including the EAD

No it looks to be only relevant to those outside the country

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
1 minute ago, GregandNatty said:

It does impact LPRs.  Only LPRs who are employed in very specified fields are exempted.    Basically the LPR had to be involved some way with fighting COVID-19

it says all LPRs can enter the country, if you mean LPR'S spouses then maybe thats different 

Just now, elizabethquestion said:

Still not clear if existing marriage based AOS will still be processed, including the EAD

theres no reason for them not to be processed.

(b)  The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(iv)    any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, VJmember2020 said:

PLEASE can someone answer this... I am a US citizen, I am planning to have my wedding and legal ceremony at the end of this year in the UK (assuming things clear up by then)... can we file for the spouse visa ??!

once you are married you can file. you cant file before youre married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, elizabethquestion said:

b)  The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall NOT apply to:

(iv)    any alien who is the spouse of a United States citizen;

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Duke & Marie said:

Agreed, you either must have visa in hand or be spouse of usc.. 

LPR applications and fiancé applications pending for both usc/lpr suspended 

It seems to me that if this was contested in court that a K-1/K-2 could enter since it is not an immigrant visa. Who knows if they will just change the order to clean that up one way or the other.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

Can you define "this"?

This = the Executive Order.

He said it can get tougher or softer as necessary. So it's a broad statement.

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

5 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

I am struggling to understand part of this. I am at the NVC stage and about to go for my green card when the embassy opens, so should I assume my green card will still be issued~? I have read it a few times but it's going over my head a bit.

Your not a permanent resident..so less your the spouse or child under 21 of a USC everything will go on hold

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
5 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

Yeah that seems to be a bit of a grey area because the wording of the EO would seem to imply that you as the LPR would need to be in the health field, but that would be something to get clarity on for sure. 

I read it that the immigrant could bring their family, not that the petitioner would need to be in the health field.

Questionable to me if they would process him only through an employment, or if we found a potential way to still get processed. Does anyone know where we would inquire? (We're at NVC stage waiting for review).

(ii)    any alien seeking to enter the United States on an immigrant visa as a physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees;  and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.