ourwildjourney

USCIS Office re-openings?

74 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

From one RN to the other I couldn’t agree with u more.. am heading up to New York for two weeks to help out.. I don’t understand why ppl will make such statements without facts

Thank you for the work you're doing! ❤️  Please be careful.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

So those doctors and nurses can get to the ICU to take care of ventilated patients, that's why.

Then you have an answer why spread is not stopping. Governor himself criticized people for not following stay at home orders.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Doctors and nurses are essential workers.  Transportation is an essential service.  Neither are subject to stay at home orders.

I understand that they are essential workers. I m just saying that governor and mayor can do much more to control this spread and then they wonder why its not stopping. Its not fair to blame federal government all the time.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, N400NYC said:

(1) An uncontained PANDEMIC would cause so much morbidity and mortality that the economy would virtually be destroyed anyway. It is far more logical and rational to deal with the pandemic head on and experience short-term economic hardship than deny it's happening and end up experience long-term economic damage.

(2) Actually, he's just thinking about his own business and political priorities, and not the well-being of the general public. 

Absolutely right

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

How dear u say such a thing of the media hyping thing up that’s not true.. u sit at home comfy and make such a statement.. I work 16 hour days without lunch break As an ICU nurse.. ppl r sooo sick without hospital beds.. PPE are running low..u r part of the problem.. things u don’t know about you should not speak off.. stop spreading misinformation 😡😡

They are not only part of the problem, they are the problem.

1 hour ago, cd37 said:

I understand that they are essential workers. I m just saying that governor and mayor can do much more to control this spread and then they wonder why its not stopping. Its not fair to blame federal government all the time.

We know why it's not stopping. It's because people won't voluntarily stay at home for a few weeks and restrict their movement to essential tasks. To the point that states now have to put mandatory restrictions in place and close everything down for even longer.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I work for the Federal Government and we are still going to work with split shifts working in the office and teleworking (alternating days). We have protocols to deal with the public to keep everyone safe and so far everything is going just fine.

We see the numbers on this virus daily but we do not see the numbers of the flu. One source for numbers on the flu states:

Flu season deaths in the Unite States

More than 200,000 people are hospitalized each year in the United States for the flu illness and its complications and between 3,000 and 49,000 people die each year from the flu. The number of flu deaths every year varies.

I bring up the flu and it's consequences to put things into perspective: we deal with this type of disaster (as a society) ever year.

We live in a dangerous world and precautions have to be taken at all times. But to say the media is not enjoying the craziness is naive. The former mayor of Chicago once stated: "You never let a serious crisis go to waste." This is a common thought of many people in power and with people that desire more power and money.

Blaming Trump for everything that doesn't go the way you think it should is also quite naive. The idea that he can (or should) control every detail in every state, city and town is unrealistic. That is why we have state, city and local governments. I would encourage everyone to set aside politics (especially now) and find ways to have peace and help other people when you can. Angry politics are not now (or really) ever the answer.

Calm rational thinking about what is important is much more productive. Take care of yourself, your family and everyone you can. Encourage them, find strength and optimism whenever you can. Stress is a killer, known to cause illness. My college textbook stated "stress is directly related to 2/3 of all illnesses".

Find peace people. Drop the angry politics and finger pointing. If you have your spouse/finance' here, count your blessings and enjoy every moment with them. Those of us waiting to have our partners come here are looking for good news and hoping everything will work out for us too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Agreed.  I saw news footage of people in Spain laying on hospital floors.  

Did those who think it’s a political beat up .. veterinarians ( including my daughter ) are loaning  their respirators to hospitals because of the shortfall .. is COVID being used for political reasons here in the US .. very definitively .. but is it a “political beat up “?   No .. it’s real .. and the US has the capacity to be worse than Italy and Spain. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

The feds.

The offices are open - just not to the public.  Caseloads that can be done at home are being taken home.

I wouldn't hold hope for March 31.  The US confirmed cases is still going and 5+ states or 20% of the population is still under shelter in place.

The surgeon general said this morning "It's going to get bad"

What about National Visa Center (NVC) is it opened or not? I resubmitted one of my document to them and was told by the people who’ve been through this that they’d reply in three weeks but there’s no message from them. Is it because of corona virus? Has corona stopped my process or what? Someone please help me with this. 

8 hours ago, N400NYC said:

Yes those 15 cases went to zero in no time!!!! 

Meanwhile today - back in the real world -  >10,000 new diagnoses were confirmed in the USA - in one day.

What an amazing job the psychopath is doing! Things are going so well, he thinks we should even start thinking about relaxing all those annoying social distancing regulations - on the day 10,000 people were diagnosed with COVID19.

Thankfully I am now free to VOTE against this catastrophic disaster of a president in November. 

the increase in number of confirmed cases only meant that testing effort had started. the first step to contain the virus is to first acknowledge its presence. See what South Korea did. 

would you prefer a ZERO confirmed case yet your neighbor or you yourself could be suffering from it and silently spreading it? 

Edited by SB5130

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

9 minutes ago, BeeNemo said:

What about National Visa Center (NVC) is it opened or not? I resubmitted one of my document to them and was told by the people who’ve been through this that they’d reply in three weeks but there’s no message from them. Is it because of corona virus? Has corona stopped my process or what? Someone please help me with this. 

NVC is not USCIS.  It is Department of State.

Sorta open . . . 

https://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20200320/furloughs-hit-national-visa-center-workers-at-pease

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, BeeNemo said:

Due to the global COVID-19 outbreak, NVC is currently working with reduced staff. In light of those circumstances, we temporarily ask that you only contact us with critical inquiries.
(Please note 3:30 PM-4:00 PM will see extended wait times in our call center).

During this period of reduced staffing, we will not be able to answer general questions such as case status.  These answers can be better found using our self-service tools. Please log into https://ceac.state.gov for your most current case status and for a list of any documents you are required to submit.

The latest updates for U.S. Embassies and Consulates, including operating status of the Consular Section, can be found at https://usembassy.govNVC cannot predict when Consular Sections will resume routine services, or when your case will be scheduled for an interview.

Please visithttps://nvc.state.govfor answers to your frequently asked questions, and steps for visa processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.