dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jmeleecur said:

From the last three months that I've been following the NVC threads, it seems like they're typically reviewing documents around the 8 week mark.

THANK YOU

1 hour ago, Ma Isabel said:

Has anyone here requested an expedite from NVC?  If so, how long before they answer your request?

Requested Feb 4. Acknowledged Feb 12. Embassy emailed me Feb 17 saying its under review. Called NVC today and they said they have 'no updates'. So...over a month :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Clayera said:

Requested Feb 4. Acknowledged Feb 12. Embassy emailed me Feb 17 saying its under review. Called NVC today and they said they have 'no updates'. So...over a month :(

Wow, so that's expedite?  Hope you hear from them soon.  I guess I will wait a week before calling.  Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

8 weeks today from 2nd submission still waiting for review.  I'm so sick of this anxiety!!!  My poor 10 year old step daughter thinks it will never happen. :clock:

Timeline

Hi everyone!

we are also on the NVC stage and gathering documents. I had to fire our lawyer and found out that I need to remove them from our case from NVC. Has anyone gone through this process? I have called them and the woman said that I need to submit inquiry in order to do that. That I have done. but they process inquiries that were submitted on the january 6th as of right now. so I asked the lady if I have to wait until my lawyer is removed from the case before submitting I864 ? she said "no, it doesn`t matter, I can file I864 now". the thing is that I researched and some sources say that they won`t accept I864 if the lawyer is not mentioned (we had the lawyer in our I130). Any input please? 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ma Isabel said:

Congrats! 

Quick question, once we submit all fees and documents, how long does it take for NVC to answer that they received/reviewed them?  

Hey Ma Isabel,

Check here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

so it is about 2 months, more or less.

;)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Stephanie22 said:

Should we send the AOS first before sending the civil documents? 

Hello Stephanie22,

Better to send everything at the same time.

You will be on the Glorious Pile only once you have uploaded/submitted everything.

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stephanie22 said:

Should we send the AOS first before sending the civil documents? 

I don't believe they begin review of anything until everything is submitted. So I would do it together.

10 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

I can't believe you're still waiting! ☹️ The whole idea of expediting is because you need to be in the US sooner or because you should have been further along in the process but aren't because NVC made a mistake.

And yet they've kept you waiting nearly a month! Makes the term "expedite" seem quite ironic

Totally agree, waiting a month to hear something from an Expidite request is madness, we can but try, highly unlikely NVC are willing to accept they made an error extending the process by almost 3 months (when you take into consideration the wait time for supervisor review and the 8 week resubmission), but it’s a legitimate reason for Expidite which no doubt they’ll ignore. 

Im passed caring at this stage, I was made redundant at work last Friday, no one will hire me if I mention I’m trying to emigrate to the states and could be approved within a couple of months. If I don’t mention it and get a job, I could get approved, have my interview and then have to quit pissing them off and making me look bad. I don’t want to go on any government benifits due to public charge implications, particularly since I’ve never been on benifits of any kind in my 25 yrs of working.. so I’m now wasting my redundancy pay on living for who knows how long.. I’m so sick of the uncertainty and the whole immigration process.. hubby and I have said F it.. I fly there on Tuesday, will basically wait out the remainder of the process while on vacation with him and fly home for the final interview and pray it’s not in AP for an extended period of time while I live in a motel awaiting the return of my passport/visa. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

7 hours ago, NellyIsaac said:

Finally!! 
We got DQ’d 

first submission November 14

second submission December 31 

....we are so excited...

Good luck to everyone!! 
🥰🥰

Congrats! 💕 Which country? Mine is December 31st too but haven't heard anything yet

7 hours ago, NellyIsaac said:

Finally!! 
We got DQ’d 

first submission November 14

second submission December 31 

....we are so excited...

Good luck to everyone!! 
🥰🥰

Congradulations!  I submitted my documents on Dec. 27, haven't heard back from NVC yet.   The whole process is so frustrating. It is almost 7 months since the case arrived at NVC

11 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I tried an Expidite request for their error in relation to my police certificate.. were still waiting for the response but there’s no harm in trying..

upload both form types so they can choose, then put in the Expidite request titled “unreasonable delay due to nvc error” (it is an approved reason listed on their website) explaining what happened.. you’ve got nothing to loose by asking for one, good luck

Thanks for the idea, I requested for an expedite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.