dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/1/2020 at 7:50 PM, Odiegwu said:

It’s better to get an RFE at NVC than to have AP at the interview. Everything will be okay. 

Just wondering what AP stands for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Just wondering what AP stands for?

It stands for Administrative Processing, which is a decision that is made by the immigration officer during the interview to further clarify a discrepancy or to further scrutinize your case. 

42 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

You don’t require a SSN to add them, but you do need to do it either:

- within 90 days of marriage - when they arrive in country (significant event) - or as part of open enrolment 

i just got a letter from my husbands employer saying theyll add me at open enrolement or under special conditions (arrival) whichever comes first in accordance with requirements.. and ticked the we’ll get it box 

Thanks for replying! 😊 so you can just present that letter during interview when ever they ask for it?

Timeline

I have heard about the DS-5540 a few times recently and I was wondering if this was now a mandatory document? Am I legally required to have medical insurance?

I am sure my spouse can add me to his existing but that will need to be set up before, not after my interview. 

Many thanks, Matt

7 minutes ago, Jaze said:

Thanks for replying! 😊 so you can just present that letter during interview when ever they ask for it?

Yeah you need evidence that you’ll have it before or within 30 days of arrival.. so a letter showing intent etc from either the insurance company or employer should be enough

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

7 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

I have heard about the DS-5540 a few times recently and I was wondering if this was now a mandatory document? Am I legally required to have medical insurance?

I am sure my spouse can add me to his existing but that will need to be set up before, not after my interview. 

Many thanks, Matt

Yes mandatory, no not legally required to have it but is a deciding factor when adjudicating your application

if you don’t have insurance you need the means for paying of treatment in an event, treatment isn’t cheap in the US, I’d highly recommend you get insurance 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
Just now, Duke & Marie said:

Yes mandatory, no not legally required to have it but is a deciding factor when adjudicating your application

if you don’t have insurance you need the means for paying of treatment in an event, treatment isn’t cheap in the US, I’d highly recommend you get insurance 

Absolutely, I plan to have it - So I need to get that form filled in with a certificate of insurance or a statement to the intent of when I plan to get it and who with / plan. 

So just so I am on the ball with this, this is a form I will take to the interview? Since I have already submitted all my documents to the NVC.

Matt.

4 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Absolutely, I plan to have it - So I need to get that form filled in with a certificate of insurance or a statement to the intent of when I plan to get it and who with / plan. 

So just so I am on the ball with this, this is a form I will take to the interview? Since I have already submitted all my documents to the NVC.

Matt.

At this stage im hoping they ask for it at interview.. but we don’t know yet if NVC will give everyone who isn’t DQ already an RFE for it when they review the documents that we’ve already submitted 🤞they don’t.. alternatively we can upload now and go back to the back of the line 😢 the choice and risk is ours... wait and get asked at interview, wait and get RFE or upload and wait more 🤷‍♀️ No one knows 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, Duke & Marie said:

At this stage im hoping they ask for it at interview.. but we don’t know yet if NVC will give everyone who isn’t DQ already an RFE for it when they review the documents that we’ve already submitted 🤞they don’t.. alternatively we can upload now and go back to the back of the line 😢 the choice and risk is ours

Ahhh man :( I mean it's on them for not asking for it but it seems to not matter if they want to be a PITA they will.

I know you have already had a lot of BS to deal with, with the Police Cert. Did you get the expedite you requested? 

31 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Ahhh man :( I mean it's on them for not asking for it but it seems to not matter if they want to be a PITA they will.

I know you have already had a lot of BS to deal with, with the Police Cert. Did you get the expedite you requested? 

Haven’t heard back from them yet, last I heard was on 21st feb when they said they were looking at it

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duke & Marie said:

Hate to say so, but yeah.. 

question now is, if we don’t upload it given we don’t have DQ, will we get an RFE delaying everyone by another 8 weeks.. it’s my understanding that they’re only asking for DS5540 at the interview for those that already have DQ

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I am assuming it will put us to the bottom of the pile too. :(  I am hoping that they are going to just ask us to bring to the interview since the form was not available when we initially uploaded.

I'd like to be optimistic and believe that NVC will have enough common  sense to not REF people who submitted or resubmitted before Feb 24. It makes no sense to REF someone who submitted in Dec or Jan.....besides they don't make the final decision, the Interviewer does. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Happy March everyone.

First I'd like to say we're (wife and I) very frustrated just like all of y'all. Our 3rd anniversary was last week and we spent it 9,000 miles apart...our first anniversary separate. 

Heres my game plan, let me know what y'all think.

My resubmission was Feb 15 (almost there according to the website). If and when we go to the interview I plan to present a letter from my HR manager stating I'll have insurance starting in September and my wife can be added once enrollment opens. My job offers 100% coverage free insurance for me and my family. I know its not 30 days after she'll enter but I'll have it available in Sept.

Do y'all think I should get insurance within the 30days they're asking for, or should me jobs insurance plan in September be good enough? 😔

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Another rfe for us because they're re-requesting for i864a for my dad. My 1st submission, I uploaded i864a for him while me and my mom did I864 form. We got a message from ceac on december 17, 2019 that he wasn't qualified for i964a form and he needed to do I864 form. At that point I was confused and did what they wanted us to do which was to do I864 form. Today after 9 weeks, we got message saying he was now qualified to do I864a form and needed to be submitted. Yes, my parents filed taxes together. This petition is for my wife. 

Does anyone know if I can get an expidite request for this? Should I order 2019 IRS taxes before submitting the i864a form? Thanks in advance.  

56 minutes ago, imjustintime said:

Another rfe for us because they're re-requesting for i864a for my dad. My 1st submission, I uploaded i864a for him while me and my mom did I864 form. We got a message from ceac on december 17, 2019 that he wasn't qualified for i964a form and he needed to do I864 form. At that point I was confused and did what they wanted us to do which was to do I864 form. Today after 9 weeks, we got message saying he was now qualified to do I864a form and needed to be submitted. Yes, my parents filed taxes together. This petition is for my wife. 

Does anyone know if I can get an expidite request for this? Should I order 2019 IRS taxes before submitting the i864a form? Thanks in advance.  

This sounds like something you should maybe call about! As you've already submitted what they are now asking for. :( hopefully you can get someone helpful on the other end so you don't have to wait another 8 weeks. 

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.