dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Happy March everyone.

First I'd like to say we're (wife and I) very frustrated just like all of y'all. Our 3rd anniversary was last week and we spent it 9,000 miles apart...our first anniversary separate. 

Heres my game plan, let me know what y'all think.

My resubmission was Feb 15 (almost there according to the website). If and when we go to the interview I plan to present a letter from my HR manager stating I'll have insurance starting in September and my wife can be added once enrollment opens. My job offers 100% coverage free insurance for me and my family. I know its not 30 days after she'll enter but I'll have it available in Sept.

Do y'all think I should get insurance within the 30days they're asking for, or should me jobs insurance plan in September be good enough? 😔

I think by the time you get DQ and interview, you'll be pretty close to September, unfortunately. I resubmitted end of January and am hoping for DQ this month with interview in June or July (which might be optimistic). I guess it depends on your consulate though (forgot to check where your wife is at). Good luck!

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Happy March everyone.

First I'd like to say we're (wife and I) very frustrated just like all of y'all. Our 3rd anniversary was last week and we spent it 9,000 miles apart...our first anniversary separate. 

They say misery loves company, so if it makes you feel better, my wife and I will be spending our first anniversary apart at the end of this month. All cause our reviewer decided everything was in order, but we submitted joint sponsors under that heading instead of as household members...

Morning from London!

I'm gathering copies of my husband's docs and I noticed that part of his y/e 2019 W-2, and y/e 2018 transcript are cut off at the top (like 0.5cm).

I thought it was a bad scan job at first but my husband said that's what his originals look like. All the important figures they require are fully visible but one of the random figures is half cropped away and illegible on the transcript. The W-2 is cut off where you can still make out his SSN in the top left but the OMB number from the top right is cropped off.

I think there's a high chance NVC will reject these even if we draft a document saying "this is what his originals look like". What do you guys think? Is it worth risking it or shall I get him to request new ones? This whole process is such a pain in the a**e 😩

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

34 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Morning from London!

I'm gathering copies of my husband's docs and I noticed that part of his y/e 2019 W-2, and y/e 2018 transcript are cut off at the top (like 0.5cm).

I thought it was a bad scan job at first but my husband said that's what his originals look like. All the important figures they require are fully visible but one of the random figures is half cropped away and illegible on the transcript. The W-2 is cut off where you can still make out his SSN in the top left but the OMB number from the top right is cropped off.

I think there's a high chance NVC will reject these even if we draft a document saying "this is what his originals look like". What do you guys think? Is it worth risking it or shall I get him to request new ones? This whole process is such a pain in the a**e 😩

I’d get your husband to download them direct from the IRS site.. they’re available immediately so no need to wait or risk poor quality ones being forwarded from whoever it is you’re requesting them from 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

5 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’d get your husband to download them direct from the IRS site.. they’re available immediately so no need to wait or risk poor quality ones being forwarded from whoever it is you’re requesting them from 

He requested the transcripts from the IRS website for the last 3 years. I'm not sure why this one came out the way it did.

I might have to get the login details from him and have a look for myself. Do you know if the access to view and download them expires after a certain amount of time or are they always available once you request them?

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)

NVC Stage:

• March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)

12 hours ago, imjustintime said:

Another rfe for us because they're re-requesting for i864a for my dad. My 1st submission, I uploaded i864a for him while me and my mom did I864 form. We got a message from ceac on december 17, 2019 that he wasn't qualified for i964a form and he needed to do I864 form. At that point I was confused and did what they wanted us to do which was to do I864 form. Today after 9 weeks, we got message saying he was now qualified to do I864a form and needed to be submitted. Yes, my parents filed taxes together. This petition is for my wife. 

Does anyone know if I can get an expidite request for this? Should I order 2019 IRS taxes before submitting the i864a form? Thanks in advance.  

I tried an Expidite request for their error in relation to my police certificate.. were still waiting for the response but there’s no harm in trying..

upload both form types so they can choose, then put in the Expidite request titled “unreasonable delay due to nvc error” (it is an approved reason listed on their website) explaining what happened.. you’ve got nothing to loose by asking for one, good luck

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

1 hour ago, hannahjsf said:

He requested the transcripts from the IRS website for the last 3 years. I'm not sure why this one came out the way it did.

I might have to get the login details from him and have a look for myself. Do you know if the access to view and download them expires after a certain amount of time or are they always available once you request them?

They’re always available, you just download them 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

5 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I tried an Expidite request for their error in relation to my police certificate.. were still waiting for the response but there’s no harm in trying..

upload both form types so they can choose, then put in the Expidite request titled “unreasonable delay due to nvc error” (it is an approved reason listed on their website) explaining what happened.. you’ve got nothing to loose by asking for one, good luck

I can't believe you're still waiting! ☹️ The whole idea of expediting is because you need to be in the US sooner or because you should have been further along in the process but aren't because NVC made a mistake.

And yet they've kept you waiting nearly a month! Makes the term "expedite" seem quite ironic

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I am assuming it will put us to the bottom of the pile too. :(  I am hoping that they are going to just ask us to bring to the interview since the form was not available when we initially uploaded.

I think it is now available on CEAC website.

We are not ready to do upload it yet, because we need to have more details about the Health Insurance coverage...

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Hi guys, I noticed that NVC does not accept editable I-864s. However, when I uploaded, I only scanned the signature page. All the other pages are "printed" by my PDF software. So the form is not editable by normal PDF viewing softwares, but with Adobe Acrobat they are very much editable. Will my document be rejected based on your knowledge? Is there anyway I can preemptively correct this? Thank you!

On 2/29/2020 at 9:48 PM, Arshia said:

I re-submitted docs on January 29th, hopefully it gets accepted this month. Here’s to wishing NVC picks up the pace quick 👏🏻

Same! I resubmitted Jan 24th. Hopefully we hear something soon!🤞

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JourneyTogether said:

How did you add the 5540 after you already submitted? I thought once all docs are submitted to the NVC you can't upload any additional documents? Thanks!

There is an "add document" button that you can use to upload as many documents as you want.

My lawyer said : "The DS-5540 shows up on your drop down menu on your online profile" but I cannot see it.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

35 minutes ago, JourneyTogether said:

Hi guys, I noticed that NVC does not accept editable I-864s. However, when I uploaded, I only scanned the signature page. All the other pages are "printed" by my PDF software. So the form is not editable by normal PDF viewing softwares, but with Adobe Acrobat they are very much editable. Will my document be rejected based on your knowledge? Is there anyway I can preemptively correct this? Thank you!

It is best to re upload all pages even the blank ones so it is not editable. otherwise they might reject it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.