dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

We just got DQ'd this morning. Originally uploaded Documents and submitted the IV application on Feb 23rd. We had a major mistake on the application(incorrect applicant name entered) that was our fault so we had to contact NVC and get a supervisor review done to open the application back and correct the mistake, they said it will take 6 weeks to review but a few days later they re-opened it and we fixed it, not sure if it was under supervisor review that caused our case to get DQ'd a few days later but we are so very happy Alhumdulilah! God is great!

Now on to the stress about the public charge rule and hope the interview will go smoothly. I did upload the DS-5540 at NVC like on Feb 28th and will take an updated one to the interview with more information and supporting documents if they need. Good luck to all of you!

it's under the applicant's additional document section. 

wow that's lucky!! Congratulations!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

We just got DQ'd this morning. Originally uploaded Documents and submitted the IV application on Feb 23rd. We had a major mistake on the application(incorrect applicant name entered) that was our fault so we had to contact NVC and get a supervisor review done to open the application back and correct the mistake, they said it will take 6 weeks to review but a few days later they re-opened it and we fixed it, not sure if it was under supervisor review that caused our case to get DQ'd a few days later but we are so very happy Alhumdulilah! God is great!

Now on to the stress about the public charge rule and hope the interview will go smoothly. I did upload the DS-5540 at NVC like on Feb 28th and will take an updated one to the interview with more information and supporting documents if they need. Good luck to all of you!

This is fantastic ! How lucky ! :)

As for the DS5540, I see it now, thank you (I was shy to click on the "add documents" button).

Best of luck for the rest

Alix

Edited by Alix64
personal info given by mistakes

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

30 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

Thank you! Maybe I should contact them too, did you call or just email? Was your 5540 uploaded after you got DQ'd? I'm thinking about uploading the additional documents section but worried that it will push back our DQ date. Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Knightgame185 said:

It is best to re upload all pages even the blank ones so it is not editable. otherwise they might reject it. 

Got it, thank you! I'm thinking about uploading through the additional documents section but worried that it will push back our DQ date...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JourneyTogether said:

Thank you! Maybe I should contact them too, did you call or just email? Was your 5540 uploaded after you got DQ'd? I'm thinking about uploading the additional documents section but worried that it will push back our DQ date. Thank you!

Got it, thank you! I'm thinking about uploading through the additional documents section but worried that it will push back our DQ date...

I emailed, sent letter by FedEx overnight and called them, on the call they said they will have a supervisor review this was all about 1 1/2 weeks ago. and I uploaded the ds5540 before we got DQ'd. Good luck! 

I hear some people say they weren't asked about the form but took it with them to interview. I don't think NVC will have you upload the form if you submitted everything before the 24th but just take it to the interview or upload it in CEAC after you get DQ'd. 

Also I would like to add, when we called them to tell them about the name mistake, the guy tried to say it wasn't a big deal and to just write a note and take to the embassy, we were like no this is a big deal, they won't allow her in the embassy if the name doesn't match the barcode page and then finally he was like okay I can put in a supervisor review but it will take 6 weeks, we had no choice and said that was fine. so don't just take their word if they try to get you off the phone and you need to get something fixed. 

Edited by NM2001

6 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

I emailed, sent letter by FedEx overnight and called them, on the call they said they will have a supervisor review this was all about 1 1/2 weeks ago. and I uploaded the ds5540 before we got DQ'd. Good luck! 

I hear some people say they weren't asked about the form but took it with them to interview. I don't think NVC will have you upload the form if you submitted everything before the 24th but just take it to the interview or upload it in CEAC after you get DQ'd. 

Thank you, makes sense!

20 minutes ago, JourneyTogether said:

it will no matter what. I did that with one of marriage certificate and It set me back to the clock.  but if you do yours with in few days or within one week it'll be easier then waiting again. 

Edited by Knightgame185

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NellyIsaac said:

Finally!! 
We got DQ’d 

first submission November 14

second submission December 31 

....we are so excited...

Good luck to everyone!! 
🥰🥰

Congratulations! 🎉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, NellyIsaac said:

Finally!! 
We got DQ’d 

first submission November 14

second submission December 31 

....we are so excited...

Good luck to everyone!! 
🥰🥰

So happy for y'all....it's also nice to see they're on Dec 31 lol

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jmeleecur said:

Congratulations! 🎉

Congrats! 

Quick question, once we submit all fees and documents, how long does it take for NVC to answer that they received/reviewed them?  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ma Isabel said:

Congrats! 

Quick question, once we submit all fees and documents, how long does it take for NVC to answer that they received/reviewed them?  

From the last three months that I've been following the NVC threads, it seems like they're typically reviewing documents around the 8 week mark.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Fergie876 said:

We have to do DS 5540 too?

Since you are just now uploading documents, I would include the DS5540 since they've added it as a document under the drop down menu since last week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.