Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Super excited! Just received our approval yesterday and got receipt from NVC today. Already paid the AOS & IV Bill. No time to delay. I worry that we will get approved but international travel will still not be open. I do realize that the interview itself may be several weeks or months away. Just trying to see what might happen. :) . 

Does anyone have any directive on how the travel status will work during Covid-19 once everything is approved at the Consulate? How soon must the beneficiary travel for entry to the U.S.? Are there any extensions that may be filed if international travel is still restricted?

Edited by BrittIgbinovia

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
4 hours ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

Super excited! Just received our approval yesterday and got receipt from NVC today. Already paid the AOS & IV Bill. No time to delay. I worry that we will get approved but international travel will still not be open. I do realize that the interview itself may be several weeks or months away. Just trying to see what might happen. :) . 

Does anyone have any directive on how the travel status will work during Covid-19 once everything is approved at the Consulate? How soon must the beneficiary travel for entry to the U.S.? Are there any extensions that may be filed if international travel is still restricted?

Congratulations on approval.

Let’s take care of the NVC process for now. Travel is months away and hopefully by the time visa is issued, travel restrictions will be relaxed.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

7 hours ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

Back here (EU) the immigrant visa's validity is determined by the validity of medical exam (6 months max). Since you need to have medical done before interview (let's say you get it done 1 month before) then that leaves you with max 5 months to enter US. 

Travel restrictions should definitely be gone by then. However, if by the time of your interview travel is still impacted with no prospects for reopening, then you could simply consider postoning medical and interview to make sure you don't "waste" your IV.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Punisher said:

Back here (EU) the immigrant visa's validity is determined by the validity of medical exam (6 months max). Since you need to have medical done before interview (let's say you get it done 1 month before) then that leaves you with max 5 months to enter US. 

Travel restrictions should definitely be gone by then. However, if by the time of your interview travel is still impacted with no prospects for reopening, then you could simply consider postoning medical and interview to make sure you don't "waste" your IV.

Hello! Thank you for the insightful response. We will take this information into account.

Timeline
4 hours ago, onek said:

Congratulations on approval.

Let’s take care of the NVC process for now. Travel is months away and hopefully by the time visa is issued, travel restrictions will be relaxed.

Yes, I understand. We are just excited and wanted to make sure we are fully prepared for our options.

Timeline
On 2/7/2020 at 7:36 PM, Lapis Lazuli said:

Super late to the show; hi everyone 😃

Form I-130 Package Mailed: 1/16/20

Package Confirmed Delivered: 1/21/20

Received NOA1 Text/Snail Mail w/ Receipt #: 1/24/20

checked online status as of

My husband's in Nigeria and this immigrant ban mess is annoying,

but I have a feeling Nigeria/consulate will do what's necessary regarding biometrics,etc.

I've heard the talks are expected to yield positive results. 

Godspeed and successful filing to everyone!

UPDATE: Our I-130 was approved 05/20/20!!! 

Now onto the NVC stage! 

Best of luck to everyone! 

28 minutes ago, Annem95 said:

I think they skipped January

I think they skipped September.. and probably plenty of people before then that have gotten skipped as well.. Approvals are all over the place right now, really frustrating. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, Annem95 said:

No update for me since 29/1 (filed 1/1)... Have seen approvals from Potomac from February and March, I think they skipped January 😕

We are at potomic. 2/6 and 2/22

Patiently waiting. I have a while before i can do anything anyway. 

With all the current chaos lets hope they are trying to streamline this crazy processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filed i130 for spouse in March 2020. I got priority date of March 13. But I got assigned to nebraska. Is it real nebraska takes more than 1 year for approval. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello, late to join the party but we also got approved exceptionally fast! On the seventh of May we received an rfe, submitted the translation missing and now also we are at NVC! Wish you guys the best of luck! There is a lot to prepare now.. we were just wishfully thinking too the process might speed up! Hoping there won't be too much backlog for interviews. Anyone here with the Naples embassy?

4 hours ago, MartaMMM said:

Hello, late to join the party but we also got approved exceptionally fast! On the seventh of May we received an rfe, submitted the translation missing and now also we are at NVC! Wish you guys the best of luck! There is a lot to prepare now.. we were just wishfully thinking too the process might speed up! Hoping there won't be too much backlog for interviews. Anyone here with the Naples embassy?

Congratulations 

On 5/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, Lapis Lazuli said:

UPDATE: Our I-130 was approved 05/20/20!!! 

Now onto the NVC stage! 

Best of luck to everyone! 

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.