Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, Xyrstine said:

Yeah, it's normal. I was a little worried as well as we had submitted ours online but have yet to receive any update either aside from it being received and that it "should" be emailed. Apparently takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to come through. We have been waiting 9 days now. 🤞

How far have you gotten so far in the process?

i just finished uploading all stuff to NVC the 29th and 30th of September just received my DQ email today the 7th of October saying we are now inline for interview scheduling in Philippines.

I finally got everything uploaded to NVC on september 29th and 30th had 2 documents rejected had to re-upload plus send in Divorced document from last marriage which i did on October 5th,  i just received my DQ today via email and we are now inline for interview to be set through the Manila Philippines embassy.

😍😍😍😍

16 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

How far have you gotten so far in the process?

i just finished uploading all stuff to NVC the 29th and 30th of September just received my DQ email today the 7th of October saying we are now inline for interview scheduling in Philippines.

I'm awaiting my passport as I have recently been approved at the interview, following a successful expedite request. Congrats on being DQ'd. Hopefully not long to go.

58 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

I'm awaiting my passport as I have recently been approved at the interview, following a successful expedite request. Congrats on being DQ'd. Hopefully not long to go.

May i ask what type of expedite you did?  I have thought about trying it but holding out cause our 2 yr anniversary is coming up in march which will put us up for the IR-1 aspect 10 yr green card. 

29 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

May i ask what type of expedite you did?  I have thought about trying it but holding out cause our 2 yr anniversary is coming up in march which will put us up for the IR-1 aspect 10 yr green card. 

Under medical grounds of the petitioner with proof.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We recieved notice of being DQed 10/2! 🎉 

Complied all documents needed for the consulate and now, await a communication with the interview date/specifics. Godspeed to everyone ❤️

On 9/4/2020 at 5:17 AM, PainKiller said:

I am very disappointed seeing my case has not been touched since Feb of 2020. I am not sure why they haven't checked it yet. I submitted the file in January and its at Potomac.

Same here, I submitted the application in January but they touched our file only once in February and it's still at Potomac. It is very frustrating!! I want USCIS to control all petitions consistently and transfer them to other service centers according to the application date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, Murph4865 said:

The 2 year greencard time-frame does it slow the process for I130? I saw your post and we just past our 2 year anniversary. What effect if any is there do you know? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, stringpuller said:

The 2 year greencard time-frame does it slow the process for I130? I saw your post and we just past our 2 year anniversary. What effect if any is there do you know? 

Thanks 

No it does not slow the process for I-130.  You have to go in and get the ROC to get moved up to the 10 year card like 90 days before it expires.  Correct me if i am wrong anyone, i think you have to pay a little more out of pocket from 2 yr card to 10 yr card.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Xyrstine said:

Did you schedule your own appointment after having the expedite request approved? We’ve just got out expedite request approved and not sure what to do next.

1 hour ago, Dags said:

Did you schedule your own appointment after having the expedite request approved? We’ve just got out expedite request approved and not sure what to do next.

You will get an email with instruction on how to arrange your interview and medical. This thread is helpful about the process:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For those that have had success with their expedite requests, can you share what the grounds of your request were? I am curious to know if certain issues/hardships we are facing due to this extended waiting period due to the embassy being closed could be grounds for a successful request. thank you.

2 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

You will get an email with instruction on how to arrange your interview and medical. This thread is helpful about the process:

Thanks, I will read through it! ☺️ Did you wait long for the instructions email?

38 minutes ago, Millikkl said:

For those that have had success with their expedite requests, can you share what the grounds of your request were? I am curious to know if certain issues/hardships we are facing due to this extended waiting period due to the embassy being closed could be grounds for a successful request. thank you.

We got our expedite request approved due to military reasons and financial hardship.

19 minutes ago, Dags said:

Thanks, I will read through it! ☺️ Did you wait long for the instructions email?

No, it was fairly quick. You should receive instructions/info in the next day or the next couple of days. Good luck.

10 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

No, it was fairly quick. You should receive instructions/info in the next day or the next couple of days. Good luck.

we just got email from NVC about appointment cancellation, but we never had appointment made. I seem to remember reading about the same happening to someone else who expedite it. Did it happen to you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.