dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, snowdog said:

I didn’t upload proof of current employment either, but I did upload three years of tax transcripts that were consistent. DQ ‘d with no problems on the AOS docs.

Sure hope that's the case for me. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SC97 said:

My parents filed their taxes jointly but my mom is unemployed and my dad is employed. Didn't know I'd need to provide a statement that she's unemployed. Not sure if I should just write a letter now and upload the document under the optional section, but that'll send me to the back of the line..

You could wait to see if they approve it still, but there’s always that risk that it ends up being a problem. They don’t state anywhere that you need a letter stating unemployment but apparently they ask for it anyways. Not sure if your mom will need it since she’s a household member and not a sponsor, but both myself and at least 1 other person on here has gotten request of “current employment” in the form of a signed and dated letter when unemployed

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
Just now, LilyJ said:

You could wait to see if they approve it still, but there’s always that risk that it ends up being a problem. They don’t state anywhere that you need a letter stating unemployment but apparently they ask for it anyways. Not sure if your mom will need it since she’s a household member and not a sponsor, but both myself and at least 1 other person on here has gotten request of “current employment” in the form of a signed and dated letter when unemployed

Actually, my mom is the sponsor and my dad is the household member, but I'll just see how it goes.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, snowdog said:

I didn’t upload proof of current employment either, but I did upload three years of tax transcripts that were consistent. DQ ‘d with no problems on the AOS docs.

And you are same consulate as me too, they told me it was because “some consulates require proof of current employment, even if you’re not employed” so I guess it couldn’t have been because of consulate that they requested that from us, urgh NVC is so frustrating 😢

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, SC97 said:

Actually, my mom is the sponsor and my dad is the household member, but I'll just see how it goes.

They might request that your dad be the sponsor instead, since your mom does not work and your dad is the one with the qualifying income, but who knows with NVC to be honest, nothing to do but wait

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

They might request that your dad be the sponsor instead, since your mom does not work and your dad is the one with the qualifying income, but who knows with NVC to be honest, nothing to do but wait

If they want my dad to be sponsor, that's fine. But do you know if I'd have to rewrite the i-864? Thank you.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SC97 said:

If they want my dad to be sponsor, that's fine. But do you know if I'd have to rewrite the i-864? Thank you.

You’d have to have your dad do the I864 and your mom the I864a instead but I wouldn’t worry about that right now because chances are they may approve it as-is

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

52 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

And you are same consulate as me too, they told me it was because “some consulates require proof of current employment, even if you’re not employed” so I guess it couldn’t have been because of consulate that they requested that from us, urgh NVC is so frustrating 😢

That’s so ridiculous! :( 

2 hours ago, shelo said:

Happy new year!

Got our DQ email today.

2nd submission: 05-Nov-19

Interview Schedule: still waiting (hoping soon)

I am from the Philippines, does anybody know how long is the interview schedule after NVC approval?

Thanks in advance.

Could be 2 weeks until you'll get the appointment letter. Interview day is likely around a month after DQ notice. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I have just read the previous 5 pages straight and ow god! Me and my husband (UScitizen) are so behind all of you. USCIS has sent our file to NVC on Dec10th. We figured it was useless to call NVC during the Holidays to know if they had received our case or not.

Reading all of you... I feel I will still be participating to "NVC FILERS - APRIL 2020" 😂 (may not be laughing then...).

Anyone in the same situation (= still waiting for NVC case number...)?

Take care guys and have a good week-end. And congratulations to those who just DQ (you are the light at the end of the tunnel -- I  don't mean NVC is a near death experience LOL 😉 )

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

11 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

2nd submission on December 2nd , still no DQ and as usual random answers «  we are currently reviewing documents received on November 4th » .. ‘awful when you know that’s it’s not that true .. 😤🤬

hope to have some news soon ..

We also are waiting on 2nd submission :Dec 2

Original submission was oct 25.. they rejected husband’s birth certificate however it was accepted for my UK spousal visa, husband’s student visa and for the I-131 🤯

so ready for this to be finished.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
12 minutes ago, smith916 said:

We also are waiting on 2nd submission :Dec 2

Original submission was oct 25.. they rejected husband’s birth certificate however it was accepted for my UK spousal visa, husband’s student visa and for the I-131 🤯

so ready for this to be finished.

Original submission 10/10

First  review 11/18

2nd submission 12/02

second review ??????

This process is so frustrating .. 

As I said in a previous post , after been in hellbraska for 344 days , I thought NVC is gonna be easier but it’s like they are making our road complicate at each step even if we thought everything was ok . 

They are very very picky ..

i can’t wait and I am ready too for this to be finished . 

my worst fear is to hear from them soon and that finally they ask again for additional documents  and wait again . .

17 months waiting 🕰 and nothing .. that’s not fair .. 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I have just read the previous 5 pages straight and ow god! Me and my husband (UScitizen) are so behind all of you. USCIS has sent our file to NVC on Dec10th. We figured it was useless to call NVC during the Holidays to know if they had received our case or not.

Reading all of you... I feel I will still be participating to "NVC FILERS - APRIL 2020" 😂 (may not be laughing then...).

Anyone in the same situation (= still waiting for NVC case number...)?

Take care guys and have a good week-end. And congratulations to those who just DQ (you are the light at the end of the tunnel -- I  don't mean NVC is a near death experience LOL 😉 )

Alix

I waited 83 days after approval before receiving my case number. I read on the forum it can take up to 90 days. I know this is terrible but fingers crossed you hear from them soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.