dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Anyone who submitted documents in oct, haven't gotten documents reviewed yet?

It’s worth giving them a call to ask

28 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Original submission 10/10

First  review 11/18

2nd submission 12/02

second review ??????

This process is so frustrating .. 

As I said in a previous post , after been in hellbraska for 344 days , I thought NVC is gonna be easier but it’s like they are making our road complicate at each step even if we thought everything was ok . 

They are very very picky ..

i can’t wait and I am ready too for this to be finished . 

my worst fear is to hear from them soon and that finally they ask again for additional documents  and wait again . .

17 months waiting 🕰 and nothing .. that’s not fair .. 

I know exactly what you mean.. we are fellow Hellbraskan’s.. PD June 2018... waited 382 days.. for them to never send our petition to nvc. 8 weeks later I was ecstatic for the nvc process as I had read it was much easier. (Bologna)

we’re just about at 19 months... and I’m now paranoid we’ll get through the interview for them to put us in AP.. Just because they can lol it’s really pointless to stress about it, but living in this limbo is killing me! When we first applied it was taking 7-9 months to process everything !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I have just read the previous 5 pages straight and ow god! Me and my husband (UScitizen) are so behind all of you. USCIS has sent our file to NVC on Dec10th. We figured it was useless to call NVC during the Holidays to know if they had received our case or not.

Reading all of you... I feel I will still be participating to "NVC FILERS - APRIL 2020" 😂 (may not be laughing then...).

Anyone in the same situation (= still waiting for NVC case number...)?

Take care guys and have a good week-end. And congratulations to those who just DQ (you are the light at the end of the tunnel -- I  don't mean NVC is a near death experience LOL 😉 )

Alix

In same boat. USCIS approved our file on 11/30. I called NVC and they said it was received on 12/30 but have not assigned a case number yet. 

Fingers crossed for us all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Think we did the calling them to get a response wrong held for 45 minutes just be directed to the as at case date page and no we haven't reviewed your documents as yet lol. At least my wife and I decided to laugh instead of get upset

10 minutes ago, Bking said:

Think we did the calling them to get a response wrong held for 45 minutes just be directed to the as at case date page and no we haven't reviewed your documents as yet lol. At least my wife and I decided to laugh instead of get upset

My husband told me to quit calling them.  He said it wastes of my time to call and receive the same answer every time.  

18 minutes ago, Bking said:

Called this morning for the first time since submitting to ceac to be told the same thing lol...so I will just calm myself and continue to wait

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

I have just read the previous 5 pages straight and ow god! Me and my husband (UScitizen) are so behind all of you. USCIS has sent our file to NVC on Dec10th. We figured it was useless to call NVC during the Holidays to know if they had received our case or not.

Reading all of you... I feel I will still be participating to "NVC FILERS - APRIL 2020" 😂 (may not be laughing then...).

Anyone in the same situation (= still waiting for NVC case number...)?

Take care guys and have a good week-end. And congratulations to those who just DQ (you are the light at the end of the tunnel -- I  don't mean NVC is a near death experience LOL 😉 )

Alix

Really does feel never ending. My petition got approved in August! That’s already 5 months and here I am still stuck at NVC
And there I was foolishly thinking once you get NOA2 it’s all fairly quick....

7 minutes ago, MWhite said:

Really does feel never ending. My petition got approved in August! That’s already 5 months and here I am still stuck at NVC
And there I was foolishly thinking once you get NOA2 it’s all fairly quick....

what do you mean by petition approved? is it i-130 approval? if so, then the wait is 6 months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, bellaquang said:

My husband told me to quit calling them.  He said it wastes of my time to call and receive the same answer every time.  

I'm beginning to feel the same but I also can't trust to leave them alone because the last time we just waited our documents were just left in limbo

1 hour ago, FloraTen said:

Called this morning for the first time since submitting to ceac to be told the same thing lol...so I will just calm myself and continue to wait

Yeah I guess you feel that if you speak to someone it would be better but might as well just get comfortable

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

@Caresse33 Ok, that gives me an idea of what I should be prepared for. Actually, it confirms that we should not prepare to any process timing since it is totally random.

@Hilde I will follow you then 😉

Great you manage to talk to NVC. The logic would be than they received our case as well (but yes I know, there is no logic).

@MWhite OMG 5 months... :( that is tough.

Do you guys know if NVC treats differently

- couples who are already living together

- and those who are apart, waiting for the whole thing to be over to eventually live together?

Thank you for your help. Take care,

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

37 minutes ago, MWhite said:

The I-130 is a petition so that is what I mean. 

It’s 6 months wait after  i-130 approval. Once it reaches NVC, another 1 month for them to issue you case number. After you submit your docs at NVC, it’s 2 months wait. Then you get email saying your docs are approve wait for interview letter which is another 1 month. When your interview  letter arrives with date which is for next month

you have about 4 months before the interview day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, stech786 said:

It’s 6 months wait after  i-130 approval. Once it reaches NVC, another 1 month for them to issue you case number. After you submit your docs at NVC, it’s 2 months wait. Then you get email saying your docs are approve wait for interview letter which is another 1 month. When your interview  letter arrives with date which is for next month

you have about 4 months before the interview day.

Thanks but I know all of this and I’ve been at nvc 4 months now. I paid my fees back in September but there been issues with the payment, then the site went down for almost 2 weeks, then they asked for a document that was never requested in the first place and so it goes. 

It also depends on your country when you get your interview date and for canada it’s very long. So I have a lot longer to wait and it’s frustrating. I am simply venting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.