dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ogbeni Agba said:

You can also click no,then explain further 

Yea this what I did, i click no and said that I will complete all prior my medical appointment 

23 hours ago, PSB said:

Congratulations 

I was looking at your thread and we did the same with the joint sponser having same address but we are not reviewed as yet

How did your spouse show change of address? 

We had to upload new I-864 with new adress. So, our joint sponsor could be a joint sponsor instead of household member. It would be better to call NVC and ask them what they want. 

17 hours ago, PSB said:

Goodnight

Can someone clarify if a  joint sponser with the same address as sponser might be a problem? 

In my experience, my wife added her father as a joint sponsor while she was not dependent of him. I got RFE. They said her father can not be a joint sponsor, add him as a household member since they have the same physical address. If main sponsor has the same physical address with joint sponsor, the person cant be a joint sponsor. The person needs to be a household member of main sponsor. hope it helps!

11 hours ago, LilyJ said:

They had “proof of domicile” under the required section for joint sponsor & joint sponsor household member for us, it wasn’t under required for you?

Yes it came up afterwards 

7 hours ago, Emre said:

In my experience, my wife added her father as a joint sponsor while she was not dependent of him. I got RFE. They said her father can not be a joint sponsor, add him as a household member since they have the same physical address. If main sponsor has the same physical address with joint sponsor, the person cant be a joint sponsor. The person needs to be a household member of main sponsor. hope it helps!

I am confused about this.

Did they combine their income?

Because I think only when filing as household member that they would combine income 

And a joint sponser has to go it alone with their income.

21 hours ago, PSB said:

I am confused about this.

Did they combine their income?

Because I think only when filing as household member that they would combine income 

And a joint sponser has to go it alone with their income.

since they had the same physical address, they were household members even though they didnt combine their income in tax return.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, Arewa said:

Hello VJ families, i am filling my DS-260 form now, and i am asked if i have documentation  to establish that i have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S law... it's a yes or No answer, I'm confused because i am yet to do my medicals ... should i just click yes anyway. Since it will still be done. Thanks for your response 

20200104_134044.jpg

It would really depend on if you have had your vaccinations or not... so are you vaccinated? Yes/no 

they will only do them at your medical if you can’t prove you’ve done them, be aware that they will charge you extra for that pleasure.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, stech786 said:

LOL!

I was just about to post that...seriously. they only moved few days. I was hoping for different date 

This whole process is a complete joke !!

i was hoping for November 11th , at the minimum ... 

I start today the 6th week waiting since second submission .. 

at that pace .. they gonna answer me in two months plus the one already done ! 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

This whole process is a complete joke !!

i was hoping for November 11th , at the minimum ... 

I start today the 6th week waiting since second submission .. 

at that pace .. they gonna answer me in two months plus the one already done ! 

You are absolutely right. This is so ridiculous!! Almost a year in Nebraska and now this....I'm at 7 weeks since first submission at NVC.

Plus I have the added bonus of a consulate that is running 5-6 months for interviews but that is only after DQ which who knows if I get approved on the first try or not.

It's so hard to not be depressed in this process. Ugh!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wonder cheese said:

Guys, do re-submitted documents move as slowly as the first time ??

Unfortunately, YES! 

Our 2nd submission took a whole new 6 weeks again for the review process. Same with our 1st submission.

i guess it may be your 1st or your Nth submission.. they're considering it a whole new submission. With minimum 6 weeks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wonder cheese said:

Guys, do re-submitted documents move as slowly as the first time ??

Slower for me. 4 weeks for first submission. On 7th week for my 2nd and still waiting for review 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.