dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2020

1,112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Emre said:

1st submission: October 8th, 

2nd submission: November 17th, 

DQ: today. 

Some days were hard to believe  I would get DQ. I did today. Good luck everybody. You will get soon too. Just the matter of time. 

Congratulations 

I was looking at your thread and we did the same with the joint sponser having same address but we are not reviewed as yet

How did your spouse show change of address? 

29 minutes ago, stech786 said:

Canadian shouldn't have to wait 5 months. it should be like 1 month. The point you're are missing here is that user didn't submit proper docs and had issues with payment process. I am from an Asian country, my wait make sense to be 6 months. Mexican wait is 1 yr which makes sense. because of large population from these countries. as they is a quota set. I doubt alot of people from Canada are immigrating to US.  I believe USCIS website says to wait 180 days for approval notice after submission. 

I'm from Canada and know the process for my country. Also, there is no quota for immigrant visas for spouses of US citizens. There are many people from Canada that marry US citizens because the countries are so close both physically and culturally. 

I'll take a page out of @MWhite's playbook though and wish you good luck in the process but encourage you to either learn a bit more about the process or refrain from insisting on what it is for everyone else.

Edited by canadavisa22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 minutes ago, SC97 said:

Hey everyone, 

do you submit the paystub and employment verification in one pdf document or separate? 

For us we only submitted the paystubs and it was accepted, I guess that they also count recent paystubs as employment verification since it proves you’re working

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Emre said:

1st submission: October 8th, 

2nd submission: November 17th, 

DQ: today. 

Some days were hard to believe  I would get DQ. I did today. Good luck everybody. You will get soon too. Just the matter of time. 

Happy to see this. I resubmitted on Nov 20th and I'm still waiting. I hope you get your interview letter very soon.  

Btw, I resubmitted by uploading to CEAC. When I check on Visa Status Check it says to email or mail the documents that they're requesting. Was I supposed to do that? I thought I was supposed to upload.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SASAS said:

Happy to see this. I resubmitted on Nov 20th and I'm still waiting. I hope you get your interview letter very soon.  

Btw, I resubmitted by uploading to CEAC. When I check on Visa Status Check it says to email or mail the documents that they're requesting. Was I supposed to do that? I thought I was supposed to upload.

No, uploading was the correct way to do it

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

49 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

I'm from Canada and know the process for my country. Also, there is no quota for immigrant visas for spouses of US citizens. There are many people from Canada that marry US citizens because the countries are so close both physically and culturally. 

I'll take a page out of @MWhite's playbook though and wish you good luck in the process but encourage you to either learn a bit more about the process or refrain from insisting on what it is for everyone else.

I know alot more than you do as my whole family went through this process. I don't need to read anyone's playbook. You need to just read the USCIS official guidelines. Maybe you should start there and should apply that rule of refraining insisting others to yourself. I was just being helpful. Not insisting. If that user wants to assume he will be done next month. thats fine, but the wait is longer and we got just gotta wait.  I'm not vetting on my wait time as I know there is a wait. I never said, Canadian  or Mexicans or other country have different wait time. they all have the somewhat same wait time. some get lucky  for speedy process. There are some ppl on this forum that assume because of their beneficiary country, the documents verification process is longer so the wait is longer to approve/verify.  When I said the wait should be 1 month not 5 months, I was referring to verification of documents. Don't jump to conclusion fast, a lesson to learn here for you.  The user didn't clarify which docs, marriage docs, or proof of payment etc. based on that post it looked like the wait 5 months after submitting docs and I was going to request that he/she qualifies for inquiry to NVC. Their website says, if you have to wait more than 2 months, you can contact them as inquiry.  Again, I am here to help & not telling anyone to jump off the bridge

Timeline
7 minutes ago, stech786 said:

I know alot more than you do as my whole family went through this process. I don't need to read anyone's playbook. You need to just read the USCIS official guidelines. Maybe you should start there and should apply that rule of refraining insisting others to yourself. I was just being helpful. Not insisting. If that user wants to assume he will be done next month. thats fine, but the wait is longer and we got just gotta wait.  I'm not vetting on my wait time as I know there is a wait. I never said, Canadian  or Mexicans or other country have different wait time. they all have the somewhat same wait time. some get lucky  for speedy process. There are some ppl on this forum that assume because of their beneficiary country, the documents verification process is longer so the wait is longer to approve/verify.  When I said the wait should be 1 month not 5 months, I was referring to verification of documents. Don't jump to conclusion fast, a lesson to learn here for you.  The user didn't clarify which docs, marriage docs, or proof of payment etc. based on that post it looked like the wait 5 months after submitting docs and I was going to request that he/she qualifies for inquiry to NVC. Their website says, if you have to wait more than 2 months, you can contact them as inquiry.  Again, I am here to help & not telling anyone to jump off the bridge

I never saw the user insist they will be done in a month.. they have already been at NVC stage since September, and they already know that once they do get approved here at NVC that they will have to wait an extra 5 months for their interview. Everyone’s documents are usually reviewed in 2 months or less yes but the time being at NVC increases if you get a document requested or rejected. But the time variance comes from when it comes to the interview stage. Canada has a 5 month wait for interviews and that is what everyone here is talking about

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

20 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

If you’re the only sponsor with a sole beneficiary then it’s i1864ez....IRS transcripts are easiest and the preferred... w2’s only needed when submitting 1040’s

if using a join sponsor or multiple beneficiaries then i1864.. 

see link and instructions 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/establish-financial-support/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html

Thank you for that information. I only have 1 beneficiary. 

20 hours ago, LilyJ said:

You also need "proof of current employment" so you'll also need some recent paystubs or a letter from your employer. Not sure if it's required but I also uploaded my (the petitioner's) birth certificate and our marriage certificate under both my husband's civil docs and under my financial docs

Is there a reason you are having to resubmit a marriage license?  The marriage license should have been sent over with your file from USCIS, right??? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CamChad42 said:

Is there a reason you are having to resubmit a marriage license?  The marriage license should have been sent over with your file from USCIS, right??? 

I’m not sure if the marriage certificate is really needed, I just submitted it the first time under both our document sections just in case. I don’t think it’s a requirement though 

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

It should be. It is not though. From what I understand, NVC will usually not let you move forward until you have provide them everything they ask for.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
51 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I’m not sure if the marriage certificate is really needed, I just submitted it the first time under both our document sections just in case. I don’t think it’s a requirement though 

It is listed as a required document under the Civil Documents Tab on CEAC.

It is not needed for the Affidavit of Support.

Edited by SaeedA

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

50 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Oh ok gotcha!!! Thank you I was a little puzzled but if I had to resubmit it I would have....

2 minutes ago, SaeedA said:

It should be. It is not though. From what I understand, NVC will usually not let you move forward until you have provide them everything they ask for.

Got it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.