daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, JamesFL said:

It says you quoted my post but didn't see what you said.

Maar ek het gesien jys ook van RSA

Jammer bru!

sorry I got my wires crossed on different threads & realized I gave an irrelevant answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 5/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, O&GForever said:

I would think and hope that they will start sending out rescheduled interview notices soon. In my mind it wouldn't make sense to wait until June 4th because 1) that doesn't give many people much notice to be at the interview and 2) the workers wouldn't be doing interviews for a week or more further delaying things. 

Thank you! Hope letter comes soon !!! Yay!!

Hello! 

I'm waiting for my interview and "My estimated completion time" is May 2020 since March, estimated wait time is just "taking longer..". I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad. 

It can be good, if they schedule my interview on June 4th.

It can be bad, if there is a system glitch and my completion time is stuck on May 2020.

Thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, citizendodo said:

Hello! 

I'm waiting for my interview and "My estimated completion time" is May 2020 since March, estimated wait time is just "taking longer..". I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad. 

It can be bad, if there is a system glitch and my completion time is stuck on May 2020.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about the completion time estimates. They aren't accurate for most people.

My husband's has always said December 2020/January 2021. If it wasn't for COVID, he would have had his interview mid-April...8 months before the estimate. 

4 hours ago, citizendodo said:

Hello! 

Thoughts?

Estimated completion time is always wonky it seems, I think I was the only person /FO that had an accurate one when I was in the group for my application month here! But now for what it’s worth, my myuscis expected wait time still says “We are taking longer than expected to process your case.“.... more than 6 months after my oath ceremony! Uscis case status is correct. Go figure 🤷‍♀️ 

We’re preparing to resume public services at individual offices on or after June 4, following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines to protect our workforce and the public. When we reopen to the public, all offices will have safety and health precautions in place to protect our workforce and those visiting our offices. If you’re feeling sick, please don’t come into the office. Follow the instructions on your appointment notice and reschedule without penalty for a time when you’re healthy. To read more about our reopening procedures, visit: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Did anyone contact their senator or congressman/congresswoman regarding their citizenship application? Was it helpful?

For what reason would you contact them, if I may ask?

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

As we prepare to reopen some offices to the public on June 4, we’ll send notices to applicants and petitioners with previously scheduled appointments and interviews.

Those who had other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public. If visiting our offices, you should follow the safety guidelines and visitor limitations posted and linked to below. For more details: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

14 hours ago, justwaiting2018 said:

Did anyone contact their senator or congressman/congresswoman regarding their citizenship application? Was it helpful?

I did, they sent me a generic e-mail saying they will pass on my concerns. So it was not helpful.

11 hours ago, Scandi said:

For what reason would you contact them, if I may ask?

I contacted them voicing my concerns and recommendations on how they could conduct online ceremonies/interviews or even maybe drive through ceremonies. if congresswomen`s office are communicating with fields offices on how to move forward safely.  There are tons of options if they would really want to process and reduce those already backlogged cases. I tried knowing  that it would not change anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
8 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

As we prepare to reopen some offices to the public on June 4, we’ll send notices to applicants and petitioners with previously scheduled appointments and interviews.

Those who had other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public. If visiting our offices, you should follow the safety guidelines and visitor limitations posted and linked to below. For more details: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-preparing-resume-public-services-june-4

Yay! I cannot wait for my interview letter! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.