daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, soso723 said:

Has anyone been scheduled for an interview yet? Was it a rescheduling due to covid or a completely new, first time interview notice?

I know some people in January 2020 filers got it. 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Things are starting to move.  I got my oath ceremony scheduled for 11th June. My interview was on 13th March.

Masks are required obviously. No guests are allowed.

Best of luck everyone.

Edited by Live_Wire

On 5/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, justwaiting2018 said:

Did anyone contact their senator or congressman/congresswoman regarding their citizenship application? Was it helpful?

Yes, But no help at all. I asked to push the matter of skipping the Oath ceremony (as it is already written in law as a possibility under certain circumstances). East Tennessee is not even starting with ceremonies until July 3th. 

2 hours ago, Live_Wire said:

Things are starting to move.  I got my oath ceremony scheduled for 11th June. My interview was on 13th March.

Masks are required obviously. No guests are allowed.

Best of luck everyone.

Live_wire

awesome man what state are you from? and Mine was march 12 when I got the interview done here in TX,

and did you check your online acct and are they going to send you the final date of interview notice in the mail.

Congrats 

Tennessee here. I got an email notification, logged onto my account to see the rescheduling letter.

they may send it in the mail, but I got the notification yesterday and the ceremony is next Thursday - not much notice. I may not get the mailed letter before the oath date so don’t rely on the mail. Do you have USCIS notifications sent your email?

14 minutes ago, Live_Wire said:

Tennessee here. I got an email notification, logged onto my account to see the rescheduling letter.

they may send it in the mail, but I got the notification yesterday and the ceremony is next Thursday - not much notice. I may not get the mailed letter before the oath date so don’t rely on the mail. Do you have USCIS notifications sent your email?

East Tennessee court district won't do any for now. Not really sure why, since Knox county is not that bad at all.

Form their webpage/standing order

Naturalization Ceremonies 7. All naturalization ceremonies scheduled to be performed in this district on or before July 3, 2020, are CANCELLED. During this temporary period of suspension of ceremonies by the Court, the Attorney General of the United States, acting through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, may administer the Oath of Allegiance to all applicants for naturalizations residing in the Eastern District of Tennessee. See 8 U.S.C. § 1421.

I just saw that my naturalization ceremony has been scheduled on myUSCIS. But no notice in my documents tab yet. How long does it usually take for the notice to appear in the documents tab? Thanks.

Interview Date: Mar 17, 2020
Biometrics Done: Dec 27, 2019
Application Filed: Dec 04, 2019

Field Office: New Orleans

9 minutes ago, volts said:

I just saw that my naturalization ceremony has been scheduled on myUSCIS. But no notice in my documents tab yet. How long does it usually take for the notice to appear in the documents tab? Thanks.

Interview Date: Mar 17, 2020
Biometrics Done: Dec 27, 2019

Wait up.to 24hr to 48hr 

Congratulations!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Live_Wire said:

Yes Sir I do,I did check mine today at myuscis.Still same oath will be scheduled since after my interview.Will keep you posted.Again Congrats to you.

God Bless

14 hours ago, jöni said:

East Tennessee court district won't do any for now. Not really sure why, since Knox county is not that bad at all.

Form their webpage/standing order

Naturalization Ceremonies 7. All naturalization ceremonies scheduled to be performed in this district on or before July 3, 2020, are CANCELLED. During this temporary period of suspension of ceremonies by the Court, the Attorney General of the United States, acting through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, may administer the Oath of Allegiance to all applicants for naturalizations residing in the Eastern District of Tennessee. See 8 U.S.C. § 1421.

It looks like they cancelled Court Ceremonies that mostly requires if a person requested a name change etc. They might resume administrative Ceremonies meaning-  Ceremonies that performed in USCIS building.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, volts said:

Just wanted to give a quick update. My oath ceremony is scheduled for Jun 17 at the New Orleans USCIS office. The notice mentions, among other things, no guests, face mask requirement, and that I need to bring my own pen. Excited! 

Oath Scheduled: Jun 17, 2020
Interview: Mar 17, 2020
Biometrics: Dec 27, 2019

Congratulations!!Super fast for new Orleans office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.