daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 minute ago, Giovanna024 said:

They sent you RFE

Have you been scheduled for interview already before COVID 19? 

No we weren’t scheduled for an interview before this, our estimated completion has stayed at July 2020 since we applied. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
10 minutes ago, abhatia315 said:

UPS store are  open I believe and they have Notary service. I am not sure if they are open in your city. Try to give them a call.. https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/notary-services

Thank you! I didn’t even think of the UPS or USPS,  was such a random request it stressed me out and I couldn’t think. 

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

USPS and UPS should be open and have notaries available. Also, some states allow for notaries to digitally authorize documents. 

Thank you! I’ll look into UPS or the USPS.

4 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

No we weren’t scheduled for an interview before this, our estimated completion has stayed at July 2020 since we applied. 

Oh I see, sorry. Here in FL UPS and FEDEc and usps stores are all open i think you will be fine going there and sending. 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

3 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

We got an RFE today to  resubmit everything that USCIS has already received. All the items requested are clearly visible on the documents tab from when we applied online. Now the RFE says to mail all the documents to the office with the RFE notice. I’m kind of annoyed at this, what was the point of the online account then. I spent hours uploading everything to that online application and now I get to spend hours redoing it all...  

The only thing not on the online account that they want is notarized affidavits from family, by June 1st. Which wouldn’t be a problem, but we’re living in a state that hasn’t opened up at all yet and just extended another 30 days. Where am I going to get something notarized by June 1st?  

Got something similar today and it really threw us off. Got an RFE for the affidavits, child birth certificates, and 2019 tax transcripts to apparently prove we’ve held a marriage for three years. We were like what?! 

Now we don’t have any children so it was a weird request and I thought affidavits were weak evidence so we didn’t send them originally, especially for the N400. I don’t know what to send about the birth certificates? Kinda why I came here should I just write a statement saying we have no children? 

And the affidavits, I have no idea what to do. We’re in NYC in the middle of a pandemic and they expect our family/friends to go out and notarize things for us. 

As if there weren’t enough things to worry about right now USCIS throws us this stupid curve ball... 

Any help is appreciated about the birth certificate situation

On 5/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, Abogy98 said:

Got something similar today and it really threw us off. Got an RFE for the affidavits, child birth certificates, and 2019 tax transcripts to apparently prove we’ve held a marriage for three years. We were like what?! 

Now we don’t have any children so it was a weird request and I thought affidavits were weak evidence so we didn’t send them originally, especially for the N400. I don’t know what to send about the birth certificates? Kinda why I came here should I just write a statement saying we have no children? 

And the affidavits, I have no idea what to do. We’re in NYC in the middle of a pandemic and they expect our family/friends to go out and notarize things for us. 

As if there weren’t enough things to worry about right now USCIS throws us this stupid curve ball... 

Any help is appreciated about the birth certificate situation

If you do not have any children why would you worry about the birth certificates?  A statement that you do not have any children as already documented in the online document is, at least in my book, more than sufficient. 

People are getting notification about OATH ceremony in June, keep an eye on your account! That is a great news!

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Giovanna024 said:

People are getting notification about OATH ceremony in June, keep an eye on your account! That is a great news!

I would think and hope that they will start sending out rescheduled interview notices soon. In my mind it wouldn't make sense to wait until June 4th because 1) that doesn't give many people much notice to be at the interview and 2) the workers wouldn't be doing interviews for a week or more further delaying things. 

12 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

I would think and hope that they will start sending out rescheduled interview notices soon. In my mind it wouldn't make sense to wait until June 4th because 1) that doesn't give many people much notice to be at the interview and 2) the workers wouldn't be doing interviews for a week or more further delaying things. 

Yes the person i November filers he is having Oath ceremony on June 3rd. So lets hope so for intrviews also👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏🍾🍾🍾🍾

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/13/2020 at 11:48 AM, soso723 said:

https://www.visajourney.com/times/   lists December 14, 2019 as the current processing time for the N-400, what does this mean, please?

Good question. I tried to look into this and I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean. ☹️

On 5/13/2020 at 12:48 PM, soso723 said:

https://www.visajourney.com/times/   lists December 14, 2019 as the current processing time for the N-400, what does this mean, please?

This has been the computerized metrics based on standard processing times for each application based on VJ members data (filing dates, progress, etc.) combined with data from USCIS. 

COVID-19 pandemic is definitely not standard so the metrics would be off since no one is going to recalculate metrics on the webpage just because of the pandemic. 

Long and short of it = IGNORE IT 🙂

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

On 5/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, O&GForever said:

I see a lot people are getting their OATH scheduled so I know that is a sign we will be getting notifications soon also. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
20 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

I see a lot people are getting their OATH scheduled so I know that is a sign we will be getting notifications soon also. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I called and they told me that as of May 15, I am "in line for interview scheduling", but that I have not been given a date or sent a notice yet because the offices are still closed. My world crashed when Giovanna announced late April that USCIS would not be opening in May after all, so I hope we wont have any such announcement these coming weeks.

4 hours ago, soso723 said:

I called and they told me that as of May 15, I am "in line for interview scheduling", but that I have not been given a date or sent a notice yet because the offices are still closed. My world crashed when Giovanna announced late April that USCIS would not be opening in May after all, so I hope we wont have any such announcement these coming weeks.

Sorry for crashing your World 😔

Mine crashed too😁 but since people are getting new scheduling dates about Oath I am exciting waiting for interview notice to be arriving soon. 

There is no need USCIS to keep continueing been closed since everything is opening.

08/19/2020 - Interview 

On 5/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, Giovanna024 said:

Sorry for crashing your World 😔

Mine crashed too😁 but since people are getting new scheduling dates about Oath I am exciting waiting for interview notice to be arriving soon. 

There is no need USCIS to keep continueing been closed since everything is opening.

Yeah, I'm hoping to see someone post that they have received an interview notice soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.