daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, BRgirlUS said:

Does anyone knows what type of questions are asked in the naturalization ceremony? I still didn't receive the schedule notice, but my new status says I will "answer questions about my activity since my interview" at the ceremony. I just want to be prepared.

All questions will be on your N-445 ( form that part of your naturalization ceremony invitation letter) which will be mailed to you- also available on your ''my USCIS documents'' tab. Questions include:

Have you married, or been widowed, separated or divorced? (If "Yes," please bring documented proof of marriage, death, separation or divorce.)

Have you traveled outside the United States? 

Have you knowingly committed any crime or offense, for which you have not been arrested?

Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?

Have you joined any organization, including the Communist Party, or become associated or connected therewith in any way? .

Have you claimed exemption from military service?

Has there been any change in your willingness to bear arms on behalf of the United States; to perform non-combatant service in the armed forces of the United States; to perform work of national importance under civilian direction, if the law requires it? 

Have you practiced polygamy, received income from illegal gambling, been a prostitute, procured anyone for prostitution or been involved in any other unlawful commercialized vice, encouraged or helped any alien to enter the United States illegally, illicitly trafficked in drugs or marijuana, given any false testimony to obtain immigration benefits, or been a habitual drunkard?

Edited by lucardo3

1 hour ago, lucardo3 said:

All questions will be on your N-445 ( form that part of your naturalization ceremony invitation letter) which will be mailed to you- also available on your ''my USCIS documents'' tab. Questions include:

Have you married, or been widowed, separated or divorced? (If "Yes," please bring documented proof of marriage, death, separation or divorce.)

Have you traveled outside the United States? 

Have you knowingly committed any crime or offense, for which you have not been arrested?

Have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, including traffic violations?

Have you joined any organization, including the Communist Party, or become associated or connected therewith in any way? .

Have you claimed exemption from military service?

Has there been any change in your willingness to bear arms on behalf of the United States; to perform non-combatant service in the armed forces of the United States; to perform work of national importance under civilian direction, if the law requires it? 

Have you practiced polygamy, received income from illegal gambling, been a prostitute, procured anyone for prostitution or been involved in any other unlawful commercialized vice, encouraged or helped any alien to enter the United States illegally, illicitly trafficked in drugs or marijuana, given any false testimony to obtain immigration benefits, or been a habitual drunkard?

When they ask this questions?

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

1 minute ago, Giovanna024 said:

When they ask this questions?

1 minute ago, Giovanna024 said:

All questions will be on your N-445 ( form that part of your naturalization ceremony invitation letter) which will be mailed to you- also available on your ''my USCIS documents'' tab.

They are part of N-445 form and will have to be filled day of ceremony.

Edited by lucardo3

1 minute ago, lucardo3 said:

They are part of N-445 form and will have to be filled day of ceremony.

Oh so this is a normal procces?

08/19/2020 - Interview 

3 minutes ago, lucardo3 said:

Yes, standard for everyone. They determine if anything has changed since the interview.

Oh Thank You❤ Still waiting for resceduled Interview since April in FL🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

My husband and I attended his combo I-751/N400 interview this afternoon in Salt Lake City. The officer was an incredibly kind woman and the first thing she did was comment about how our daughter. 

She then asked us questions for the I-751 green card approval: 

• Both: How did we meet? 
  • To me: What year were we married? 
  • To my husband: How did we deal with the 2 1/2 years we lived apart going through immigration? 
  • Both of us: What are some conflicts we’ve had in our marriage? 
  • Me: What was it like meeting my husband’s parents for the first time? 

She then administered the citizenship test to my husband: 

•  When is the last day to file federal taxes? She joked about during a normal year. 
  • What is Martin Luther King, Jr. known for? 
  • What is one right of a US citizen? 
  • When was the Constitution written? 
  • What happened on September 11, 2001? 
  • Why does the US flag have 13 stripes? 

Sentence he had to read: What state has the most people? 

Write: California has the most people. 

She asked the questions in section 12. Asked for our daughter’s birth certificate. And said she was approving both. She said he will probably have his oath ceremony the last week of July. 

We are so excited and relieved to be almost done with this nearly 6-year journey. 

Congratulations. 

3 hours ago, O&GForever said:

My husband and I attended his combo I-751/N400 interview this afternoon in Salt Lake City. The officer was an incredibly kind woman and the first thing she did was comment about how our daughter. 

She then asked us questions for the I-751 green card approval: 

• Both: How did we meet? 
  • To me: What year were we married? 
  • To my husband: How did we deal with the 2 1/2 years we lived apart going through immigration? 
  • Both of us: What are some conflicts we’ve had in our marriage? 
  • Me: What was it like meeting my husband’s parents for the first time? 

She then administered the citizenship test to my husband: 

•  When is the last day to file federal taxes? She joked about during a normal year. 
  • What is Martin Luther King, Jr. known for? 
  • What is one right of a US citizen? 
  • When was the Constitution written? 
  • What happened on September 11, 2001? 
  • Why does the US flag have 13 stripes? 

Sentence he had to read: What state has the most people? 

Write: California has the most people. 

She asked the questions in section 12. Asked for our daughter’s birth certificate. And said she was approving both. She said he will probably have his oath ceremony the last week of July. 

We are so excited and relieved to be almost done with this nearly 6-year journey. 

Finally congratulations👏👏👏👏👏

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear all,

I have my interview early August but because we are currently overseas, I need to fly in for the interview and quarantine for two weeks. We had a lot of expenses recently and I am looking at 14 days of (cheap) accommodation plus a flight. I am very concerned that USCIS may cancel the interview on short notice and all these expenses are in vain.

Has anyone heard of cancellations once the furlough begins?

Gosh, I am stressing out over this so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh - and as I am prepping to fly over to the US: Do I really need to bring everything such as pictures etc? I am having a combo I-751 and N-400 interview. Any advice? I am worried about checking in important documents but with all my work files for the quarantine time, I am limited to what I can carry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
47 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Dear all,

I have my interview early August but because we are currently overseas, I need to fly in for the interview and quarantine for two weeks. We had a lot of expenses recently and I am looking at 14 days of (cheap) accommodation plus a flight. I am very concerned that USCIS may cancel the interview on short notice and all these expenses are in vain.

Has anyone heard of cancellations once the furlough begins?

Gosh, I am stressing out over this so much.

We are leaving for overseas this weekend (for about 3 months) if our flight isn't cancelled (our flights have been cancelled 5 times already).  We have been thinking about flying back to the USA and return overseas if we get an interview scheduled during that time period.  But with all this Covid-19 going around, also risking exposure during those long international flights, and uncertainty about  whether USCIS would cancel interviews (which could result in a lot of expenses for nothing), we have come to the conclusion that we will NOT fly back for an interview and just request a reschedule until after our scheduled return date.  Of course we are willing to cut the trip short by a few weeks if an interview would occur towards the end of our trip.  But we would not return overseas.  Just too many COVID-19 risks and financial risks in our opinion to return for 2 weeks and then leave again.  We have not heard any further news about furloughs but you can bet if furloughs do occur than it's a strong possibility interviews may be cancelled.   California is going into lockdown again.  So you may want to take that into consideration.   It's a personal decision.  A difficult decision for sure.  We figured since we have already been waiting so long that we can wait some more if necessary.  Life must go on.  And believe me, you are not alone with stressing out.  Good luck with whatever decision you make. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.