daniel4310

N-400 Dec 2019 Filers

2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sartre said:

Hello everyone. My wife will be filing online tomorrow the N-400 application.  She will be filing under the 3 year marriage rule.  I have a question regarding the downloading of documents.  I've noticed that the information in the first part of the N-400, demographics, work and study history, etc. is easily saved. I noticed that after downloading various documents they seem to self-delete.  In other words when I sign back in the documents are not in their respective categories. Is this occurring because somehow I'm not saving them properly or does one just download all the documents on the day of submission?  Maybe when the application is reviewed by the sender before submitting it the files will be saved?   Since most of you filed online I would appreciate any advice. I'm trying to avoid a disaster. 

Several others here and I myself have faced thr same issue. Its a bug with their website. Once you submit the entire application, if you see documents are missing you can go to documents tab and re upload everything. 

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

12 hours ago, abfar said:

Several others here and I myself have faced thr same issue. Its a bug with their website. Once you submit the entire application, if you see documents are missing you can go to documents tab and re upload everything. 

Thanks, very helpful information.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, abfar said:

Just to let you know that the application went well and by the next day USCIS reported that my application was accepted and all the questions properly filled and documents downloaded were prominently displayed.  Also, I was given  completion date of May 2021 (10 months) and should receive a date to get my biometrics within 31 days.  So far the process seems that it is problem free....Now, if only we can say the same about Covid-19.  

Hello guys, just wondering, how soon you got your biometrics appointment when filled back in Dec 2019? Yes, I know, now things are different but still...did you receive the letter at the portal in approximately 2 weeks after submitting or less? Thanks and good luck everyone! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
14 hours ago, Phoenix777 said:

Hello guys, just wondering, how soon you got your biometrics appointment when filled back in Dec 2019? Yes, I know, now things are different but still...did you receive the letter at the portal in approximately 2 weeks after submitting or less? Thanks and good luck everyone! 

It was a few days. Applied Tuesday night and got notification of the appointment that Saturday on the account. If only the whole process was that smooth.

18 hours ago, Phoenix777 said:

I applied on December 8 and got alert of biometrics scheduling on December 14. 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
22 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

It was a few days. Applied Tuesday night and got notification of the appointment that Saturday on the account. If only the whole process was that smooth.

I applied December , biometric was scheduled for February. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, Phoenix777 said:

Pre-COVID, from what I have seen across the forum, it looks like the system schedules all biometrics appointments for an upcoming week (1 month or so out in the future) on Saturdays. This is also supported by the below manual for the NASS system for scheduling of biometrics appointments that USCIS uses. I have included a link below if you are looking for a light summer read for the beach :P

Quote: NASS automatically generates appointments on a weekly basis, or USCIS personnel may manually expedite the process by requesting an appointment for certain applicants or petitioners directly in NASS.

Source: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/privacy-pia-uscis-nass-july2015.pdf 

12 minutes ago, jsilva89 said:

Hoping to come come back on here and see atleadst some interviews being scheduled somewhere in the country. Nothing? I'm hoping people are just neglecting to update here. 

I was just over in the Jan 2020 filers group....someone posted that they called USCIS yesterday and was told that they will start sending out new interview notices from July 13.

I think that really depends on the field offices because people are getting interviews and oaths scheduled.

Some field offices are just dragging feet and no state rep can help because they tend to use the Processing Times calculator that USCIS website has and we all know that is grossly incorrect 🙄

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

2 hours ago, jsilva89 said:

Hoping to come come back on here and see atleadst some interviews being scheduled somewhere in the country. Nothing? I'm hoping people are just neglecting to update here. 

My Oath Ceremony scheduled for July  24th at the Atlanta Field office. They are moving.

1 hour ago, lucardo3 said:

My Oath Ceremony scheduled for July  24th at the Atlanta Field office. They are moving.

That is awesome!!

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.