47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I used Rapid Visa for my husbands Spousal Visa (basic one)... although people say you can do it yourself... I still wanted that extra help and previously for our fiance visa...I had a lawyer and had a terrible experience. Anywho... So YES there are some agents that are rude  and you will raise your voice because some are just frustrating..But there are  some that are helpful... you can always chat live or messege them if you don't want to call and remember the names of the good agents that are helpful... I felt sometimes like they weren't giving me the correct information and would call back or go on chat to double check. And I always double checked on this site also. Either way you're going to do alot of research.... but in the end we got approved lol   And they really did help me with questions I had on the applications and how to organize things... 3000 is alot though... are you doing multiple applications? But yeah... it really is up to you and whether you want a third party to help you or not  :)  we all have done it our own ways 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am using rapid visa right now and so far so good. I have always interacted with them thru chat so that I have a record just in case. I am paying monthly with them not upfront the whole money which is better for us. 

I used them for my K-1,  I thought everything was okay.  I don't know if it was them, the way the petition prints out, or NVC, but by the time it got to the embassy in Moscow, one of the daughters was no longer included.  I sent the info to the embassy to get her added, but with the interview delays in Moscow, after 2 months of trying to schedule an interview we transferred to Kazakhstan.  Where they got denied for lack of proof of relationship.  

Now I hired a lawyer to help, as we are now Married, and had to refile everything again.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Used RV, absolutely not worth it. Waste of money. I didn't have the bad customer service you had, but if I did, I would have ran as far as I possibly could! I regret using RapidVisa and I didn't even have bad customer service. However, I regret it because it was, as many have already said, $1k+ I could have saved in the bank for something else, plus it delayed our process having to send our package to them first (""premium"" processing), then when they got it, kept telling us we needed things we did NOT need (I had found VJ around that point so I had advice from here from more knowledgeable individuals who let me know I did not need the bs RV was telling me I did), telling me I DIDN'T need things that we DID need (again only knew from here on VJ that yes we did need what they were telling us to 100% not send), and it took me multiple days to get it through to them that no I was not going to budge and send them unnecessary items nor remove the necessary items! They also tried to tell me my OWN middle name was wrong. Took another couple days to convince them that yes, that is my middle name. They could not wrap their brains around the concept that I would take my husband's middle AND last name. Also, their "experts" are not experts at all, and rather people just sitting at their computers with no personal nor professional experience in immigration reading off the incorrect and outdated training handbook they were given by the company. All in all, could have done it ourselves, and wish that we did, especially with VJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you look around on Visa journey,  you will find answers to just about any questions you may have. Save your money because you will need it in the long run. 

Being a part of VJ family has really taught me a lot. I have sent private messages to members if I want to send feedback or ask a personal question. I have made a few friends as well.

I have sent a few messages that didn't make sense; after I reread them I realized it

Lol, but you will gain a lot of knowledge by surfing through the site. You can send yourself email on topics that you are interested in, as well as follow certain topics and people. Don't forget you will save money; good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Dxc said:

Good lord. I am in the wrong business. I should do k1s and sit back while the person pays me and does all the work. Its like collecting free money.

If your partner cant be bothered to fill out a few forms are you sure they are committed to wanting you with them??

He is desperate to have me there and he’s over In London next week. He’s just started his own business in Colorado and is working 16 hour days 7 days a week. He is the only son and has 5 sisters. Thank god ive had his mum to help. Also we were told wrong information from the start. He is self employed so we were waiting for him to file his taxes only for me to find out on here that happens a lot later In the process. We would have filed straight after the engagement.

6 hours ago, DandJ said:

Yes it is I was being lazy as my fiancée isn’t the most proactive at filling out forms so I thought I had struct gold 🙈 I’m a teacher in the uk no criminal and healthy. Only issue I have is I lived in Abu Dhabi for a year and I’m finding getting police clearance from them quite difficult.

I’m sure someone from uae on this site could provide pointers on how to get police certificate from there.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’m sure someone from uae on this site could provide pointers on how to get police certificate from there.. 

Already did.  GCC country police certificates are waived for non-residents.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, DandJ said:

He is desperate to have me there and he’s over In London next week. He’s just started his own business in Colorado and is working 16 hour days 7 days a week. He is the only son and has 5 sisters. Thank god ive had his mum to help. Also we were told wrong information from the start. He is self employed so we were waiting for him to file his taxes only for me to find out on here that happens a lot later In the process. We would have filed straight after the engagement.

Yeah that was a miss.  You folks go through the instructions for the I129F line by line and start assembling the documents.  Make a checklist from the instructions.

Want an answer on that UAE thing have your fiancee email the embassy In London and they’ll tell him the same thing.

Edited by Nitas_man

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, Mylilelar1 said:

I just calmly paid my $1200 to RV and they have been great to me. Have no idea where $3000 came from. Did I miss something?

I have been dealing with rapidvisa since 2017 , we did the payment plan. I believe we paid 3 payments before any paperwork was sent in. I have some great help from some of their employees but I also have had some horrible experience with some. . They’re were no help with my police certificate. I ended up doing it 3 times. Which made me lose almost 4 months . But I finally have the right one. Now I am waiting for notice on my interview! 

36 minutes ago, Couchpotato560 said:

I have been dealing with rapidvisa since 2017 , we did the payment plan. I believe we paid 3 payments before any paperwork was sent in. I have some great help from some of their employees but I also have had some horrible experience with some. . They’re were no help with my police certificate. I ended up doing it 3 times. Which made me lose almost 4 months . But I finally have the right one. Now I am waiting for notice on my interview! 

Yes.....sometimes the agents at RV has a person going in circles in needless journeys of paperwork. One did not know what a "Reconveyance of Deed" was. They asked for proof of paid off mortgage then this agent did not know what this document was. My advice is to insert little notes on each packet to tell them EXACTLY what they are looking at.AND IN ORDER.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I agree. They need a lot better training . When I sent in my third police certificate, they were unsure it would pass as it didn’t say privacy on it . But nvc did accept it ! So I hope to spread the word about that ! Canada has many different record checks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.