47 posts in this topic

We used a lawyer, because I just didn't really know where to start.  If I'd found VJ first, I would have been golden.   The lawyer didn't do  much - our case was pretty straightforward.

On J visas.  Spouse won DV lottery while in US.  Did AOS from the US.

Boston field office, GC holder for 10 years.

Citizenship received in 2016, took ~5 months from application to passport.

Spouse received citizenship in 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, DandJ said:

Hey everyone just wanted to get some feedback on rapid visa. Has anyone used their services before? I had an awful experience on the phone with them yesterday and the lady on the phone was awfully rude. Before I handed over $3000 I needed to ask simple questions.

I asked her will a monthly plan delay my process or Is it the same as as paying upfront? Rudely she said “no effect” . I then asked does my fiancée have to attend my embassy interview?(finding this website, i now know the answer) she said “not necessary” however I couldn’t hear her properly so I asked her again and she she shouted “not necessary I already said”.

Oh wait it gets better. I thought okay I’m being nice hear and this little girl is just RUDE. I asked would my fiancée need to attend an interview in Colorado? She then said in a voice full of attitude “ what Colorado interview are you talking about?” I then heard her speaking in her native language to a colleague and she huffed and puffed.

So that was breaking point for me. I said to her I don’t understand why you’re giving me so much attitude? I need to ask these questions before handing over money. She said “but you’re asking questions for only paid customers” I then said to her, I was really close to becoming a paid customer but I’m not so sure now. I said you know what give me your name? (Losing my phone voice now) she said “No” loudly and laughed. I was furious and then wait for it she said “bad line mam”and hung up.

I made that call at 16.45 GMT.  So now After that experience I am feeling very confused as to weather I want to pay for their services. Any feedback about the company would be appreciated.

I used RapidVisa with both the K-1 visa and AOS.  Ideally, I could've save a lot of money if I would've just gotten the advice directly from VJ, but I always want that "piece of mind".  I had no complaints from RapidVisa, they did help me when I had questions, but I know their "experts" didn't help me much besides just putting the applications in the mail.  I never had a rude customer agent on the phone with me ever, but I do remember a lot of background noise.  Sorry you had to experience that. 

12 hours ago, DandJ said:

Hey everyone just wanted to get some feedback on rapid visa. Has anyone used their services before? I had an awful experience on the phone with them yesterday and the lady on the phone was awfully rude. Before I handed over $3000 I needed to ask simple questions.

I asked her will a monthly plan delay my process or Is it the same as as paying upfront? Rudely she said “no effect” . I then asked does my fiancée have to attend my embassy interview?(finding this website, i now know the answer) she said “not necessary” however I couldn’t hear her properly so I asked her again and she she shouted “not necessary I already said”.

Oh wait it gets better. I thought okay I’m being nice hear and this little girl is just RUDE. I asked would my fiancée need to attend an interview in Colorado? She then said in a voice full of attitude “ what Colorado interview are you talking about?” I then heard her speaking in her native language to a colleague and she huffed and puffed.

So that was breaking point for me. I said to her I don’t understand why you’re giving me so much attitude? I need to ask these questions before handing over money. She said “but you’re asking questions for only paid customers” I then said to her, I was really close to becoming a paid customer but I’m not so sure now. I said you know what give me your name? (Losing my phone voice now) she said “No” loudly and laughed. I was furious and then wait for it she said “bad line mam”and hung up.

I made that call at 16.45 GMT.  So now After that experience I am feeling very confused as to weather I want to pay for their services. Any feedback about the company would be appreciated.

I just calmly paid my $1200 to RV and they have been great to me. Have no idea where $3000 came from. Did I miss something?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

I just calmly paid my $1200 to RV and they have been great to me. Have no idea where $3000 came from. Did I miss something?

That’s for the full package for AOS aswell! 

3 minutes ago, DandJ said:

That’s for the full package for AOS aswell! 

Ahhh...OK.thanks for the info. I do get conflicting data at times I do admit. I have had 2 say "yes" they count assets. But the last one sent me a generic page and at the bottom it stated they usually do not. Which got me Googling,found this site and indeed found two individual whom of which one had assets only and one assets and income . Both turned out OK.

Still a tad bit nervous though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For $3,000 you could hire the services of an experienced Immigration attorney and have personalized service and advice. They do most of the work and you have the peace of mind knowing that things are submitted correctly. That's what we did for a 129f petition, and for a flat fee of $2,750 they will be with us even through the interview and entry into the USA. The attorney has 45 years of experience with immigration law and has seen it all. No surprises. Worth every penny.

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
13 hours ago, DandJ said:

Is this a straightforward K1 case?  

Since Visa Journey is a DIY site, most of us here have not used a service, and the ones that have often found VJ after paying the fees.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Is this a straightforward K1 case?  

Yes it is I was being lazy as my fiancée isn’t the most proactive at filling out forms so I thought I had struct gold 🙈 I’m a teacher in the uk no criminal and healthy. Only issue I have is I lived in Abu Dhabi for a year and I’m finding getting police clearance from them quite difficult.

1 hour ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

For $3,000 you could hire the services of an experienced Immigration attorney and have personalized service and advice. They do most of the work and you have the peace of mind knowing that things are submitted correctly. That's what we did for a 129f petition, and for a flat fee of $2,750 they will be with us even through the interview and entry into the USA. The attorney has 45 years of experience with immigration law and has seen it all. No surprises. Worth every penny.

This is not even necessary for the vast majority of K-1s.  We did it entirely ourselves.

3 minutes ago, DandJ said:

Yes it is I was being lazy as my fiancée isn’t the most proactive at filling out forms so I thought I had struct gold 🙈 I’m a teacher in the uk no criminal and healthy. Only issue I have is I lived in Abu Dhabi for a year and I’m finding getting police clearance from them quite difficult.

The thing is, using RabidVisa really doesn't save you any time or effort.  You still have to provide them with all of the info and supporting documents.  And the petition and visa will not be processed any faster than those that are self-prepared.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, DandJ said:

The initial process is kicked off by US Citizen filing I-129F. A bit later they will also need to fill out and supply beneficiary with form I-134. Neither form is particually complicated, but you do need take a few hours to fill it out. If your partner is not diligent enough or able to commit to it .. well, that a different story. Both forms can and should be filled in Acrobat Reader, so you beneficiary can download them and help fill them out, then send filled version to US Citizen petitioner to print and sign. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DandJ said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

Usually GCC police certificates are waived unless you live there.  These are the reciprocity tables from UAE.

You’re wasting your money using a service unless you have a legal issue to overcome, and you need professional legal assistance preparing waiver or other special documents.  
Advice is to read the process guides, prepare and submit exactly what the instructions say, and you can have any questions about any specific or unclear issues answered here (or any other immigration site) by people who have been through the process.

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, Boiler said:

Have a look around here, no end of horror stories.

Ain't it the truth? Methinks he is preaching to the choir.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedArabEmirates.html

Usually GCC police certificates are waived unless you live there.  These are the reciprocity tables from UAE.

You’re wasting your money using a service unless you have a legal issue to overcome, and you need professional legal assistance preparing waiver or other special documents.  
Advice is to read the process guides, prepare and submit exactly what the instructions say, and you can have any questions about any specific or unclear issues answered here (or any other immigration site) by people who have been through the process.

Good luck!

Oh brilliant I did read if I lived there more than 6 months I need a police check. When I left there in 2013 it was extremely difficult to get one as it was Ramadan at the time. I hope that can be waived as I just noticed. You have to personally pick it up 🙈🙈🙈

43F07578-A145-4C13-AFA8-5AD307CA4F2F.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.