dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2019

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

That's what I was thinking too, but then I started to get nervous, I would hate to wait a month or more just to have to resubmit and wait again 😰

In my husband's passport, the page next to it is basically blank, no spot for signature nor any other writing, just I think the passport number punched in with dot holes (if that makes sense lol), so I didn't include it, I only scanned the bio page so I hope they don't reject it!

My passport is like that too, and I only included the bio page. That’s what they ask for so it should be fine! I also saw old threads here on visajourney and that’s what other people did too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I think you should be fine..

im getting worried about proof of domicile now.. I didn’t upload anything specific to it e.g driver licence showing address... but did give 3 yrs tax, bio page, birth certificate and a letter from his employer to show still working for them etc you’d think that proves he’s there, but some of the stories I’m reading are getting me scared 😟 

We didn't include any proof of domicile for myself, but we did for our joint sponsor/joint sponsor's household member since they were required documents; I think for petitioners domicile isn't required if they're already living in the US, or at least I sure hope so!

7 minutes ago, Iscir said:

My passport is like that too, and I only included the bio page. That’s what they ask for so it should be fine! I also saw old threads here on visajourney and that’s what other people did too. 

Phew! I was getting worried about it so that makes me feel better that others are doing the same and that those before got qualified with it 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

9 hours ago, swoned said:

Recieved an case status update on Nov 18 for both of my cases.

Case1 (spouse): request for Divorce Decree of petitioner's first marriage (this was not listed as a required document originally)

Case2 (step-daughter): request for marriage certificate of petitioner to spouse (this was not listed as a required document originally)

I've uploaded both to the "additional documents" section under Civil Documents and submitted.

Back to the waiting queue :(

I originally submitted on Oct 23.

I agree! We had the same issue like your case 1 regarding petitioner's marriage termination doc. I wish it was included on the list when we submitted originally 😢

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LC2010 said:

Finished submitting docs to NVC 10/23 ; got the email today that we’re moving on to the interview stage!! 

I know the amount of time until the actual interview varies big time from embassy to embassy. But when can I expect to at least know what the date will be? Whether it’s going to be Jan 2020 or October 2020, I just want to know so I can get it on our calendars! 

Oh dear. I think I’ve answered my own question looking in other threads i.e. it al totally depends on the embassy. Welp, more waiting! At least we are used to it now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, LC2010 said:

Finished submitting docs to NVC 10/23 ; got the email today that we’re moving on to the interview stage!! 

I know the amount of time until the actual interview varies big time from embassy to embassy. But when can I expect to at least know what the date will be? Whether it’s going to be Jan 2020 or October 2020, I just want to know so I can get it on our calendars! 

Congrats!! Unfortunately, even that varies. As you won't get the interview letter until around a month ahead, so even that varies depending on the embassy. But, there might be something on the European forum, or if you look through other Spanish filers timelines you might be able to see a trend of dates from CC to interview

Edit: Posted that at the same time you posted yours and just saw your reply to your post! Oops! 😂

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

@LilyJ thank you for the quick reply!! Looks like Madrid should be reasonably quick. I can’t imagine being in a country that has a 5+ month waitlist for an interview. Geez. What a brutal process this has been!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
19 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Congratulations my friend! 💐🤗🌺

I'm deeply happy for you on this journey.  

I'm keeping my faith. 

Appreciate the love my friend.

Here's to hoping you get everything sorted out on your end and also for a successful

journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey could anyone help us to clarify one question.

So we are using a joint sponsor, and the join sponsor also includes household member to make sure we definitely make the poverty line. On the NVC website they request proof of US citizenship and proof of domicile for joint sponsors. It's simple since they are born in US and live there, so we will be using birth certificates to proof it and probably bank statement for domicile.

However, NVC states that we need to bring all original documents to the interview, do I really need to bring their birth certificates(not my spouse's certificate) with me, or photocopy would be enough? 

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

30 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I finally completed DS-260 😪 I spent around 6 hours in total answering checking and rechecking and reviewing again. (Started it around a week ago)

And then I had no idea where to find my visa number (I have a b1/b2/ bcc laser visa, it doesnt have any red numbers at the front)

But I did it! We'll try to update everything today 👏👏👏

I can Imagine how stressful it is. Would definitely be reviewing ours like crazy too.lol. Yay, you finally did it. 

Oh, and regarding the names on the IDs and documents. That's what I was discussing with my husband too, even before. His second name is only the initial in some of his IDs and papers. I kept mentioning it to him but he said it's common there. I hope we won't have any problem with it :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, jd30 said:

We submitted our documents in ceac Oct. 22. no DQ yet😞. Who else here are submitted  October does not DQ?

we submitted ours on october 22 also.  We originally submitted it on september 10 but we recieved notification to upload the same thing, which we did on october 22.  No word yet.....  It looks like we wont get interview letter until February 2020 with our fingers crossed.  I was hoping to have DQ and interview scheduled by now.  This process is not easy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, jd30 said:

We submitted our documents in ceac Oct. 22. no DQ yet😞. Who else here are submitted  October does not DQ?

They take about 4-6 weeks to look at a case 😰 we first submitted on October 10th first review on November 18th . No DQ they ask for additional documents .. we have to wait 15 days for a documents coming from US .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.