CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Had our interview today in San Antonio and after reaffirming the answers on our application, providing proof we live together and have joint finances, we got a letter saying I was approved for conditional permanent residence!!

xweucb.jpg

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

8 minutes ago, Crashdoom said:

Had our interview today in San Antonio and after reaffirming the answers on our application, providing proof we live together and have joint finances, we got a letter saying I was approved for conditional permanent residence!!

xweucb.jpg

Congratulations!

The letter came in the same day? Wow! That was quick!

1 hour ago, DISCERNING said:

Congratulations!

The letter came in the same day? Wow! That was quick!

The agent who interviewed us printed and handed it to us at the end of the interview.

Application for Naturalization (APPROVED, Pending Oath Ceremony)

07/16/23 - Filed N-400

07/17/23 - Received by USCIS, Reviewed, and Scheduled for Interview (8/21)

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived, N-400 interview passed!

08/21/23 - Recommended for approval and placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

08/23/23 - Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 7th, 2023

Removal of Conditions (APPROVED)
07/19/22 - Filed I-751 and Received by USCIS

07/21/22 - NOA1 for I-751

08/21/23 - I-751 interview waived at N-400 interview

08/23/23- Approved!

Work Permit / Advance Parole Renewal (APPROVED & Received) in 72 Days.

Adjustment of Status (APPROVED & Received) in 374 Days!

Work Permit / Advance Parole (ExpeditedAPPROVED) in 109 Days.

K1 Visa Process (APPROVED & PoE) in 353 Days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Crashdoom said:

xweucb.jpg

Congratulations!! :)

FO: Manhattan, NYC

11/06/2019: Priority Date
12/04/2019: Bio
01/2X/2020: "Ready Schedule Interview"
02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved

Interview Date: pending

On 10/13/2020 at 6:20 PM, Sweetdreaming said:

Hi in similar situation, what does your case status currently say ?

(I mean the one in the case history below the main status part it should mention interview rescheduled)

Hello! As far as the case status, there is no change, it still says "Interview Was Scheduled".  I had to call several times to ensure the interview was rescheduled and that we won't be tagged as "no-shows".  I added the extra measure of writing to them and I got a reply back via email to say they will look to reschedule within the next 90 days or so.

I hope that helps!  I will let you know once I receive another schedule for interview, thanks!

Just wanted to share..we got our interview letter yesterday. We are scheduled Nov 25th. Im excited and scared at the same time.  

I thought we were gonna have to wait until 2021 for our interview.  Wish all with upcoming interview the best.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I'm a September 2019 filer. Just wanted to ask if anyone from here in LA that got their interview already? I haven't seen any interviews in LA from August and September forums. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/26/2020 at 9:26 AM, Fennik said:

My status retrograded FROM 'Ready to be scheduled' in January to "Fingerprints were received", all the while processing times have spiked and we're facing potential furloughs. It's going to be a bumpy and crappy ride.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had any different experiences

Our interview was scheduled for March and was canceled due to covid. Then in May went back to ready to be scheduled and stuck there every since. Emailed with no avail and called with no results.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 1:32 PM, yesplease2020 said:

Hi! I'm a September 2019 filer. Just wanted to ask if anyone from here in LA that got their interview already? I haven't seen any interviews in LA from August and September forums. :(

California in general has been very very slow like a turtle. Mine has been “ready to be scheduled for interview” status since April but nothing till now. 
good old California 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Had our interview on Nov 2. Interview was smooth no out of the box questions. IO gave us a paper with the first option checked which says they need more time to review our file before a decision can be made. One hour after the interview status changed to Interview was completed and case must be reviewed. On Nov 3 around 4 pm est status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". 

I would like to thank VJ and VJ members who is been really helpful. 

POE - 26th JAN 2014(DFW)

Applied for SSN on 14 th FEB and recieved on 27th FEB 2014

27th FEB ELIS status optimised

4th MARCH production of new card began

7th MARCH card produced and mailed through usps priority mail

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi friends. 
Anyone who renew their EAD. I have a few questions for you. 
1. How long does it take for the renewal?

2. Do we get an NOA notifying that we are in the process of the renewal before we received the new card?

thank you! I sent out my renewal documents last week and USPS is delayed like crazy. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi there, I filed for my EAD combo card renewal around 14 days ago but haven’t heard anything from them yet, no case number, no nothing. Should I get worried? Usually USICS is quick on sending out those case numbers which is why I’m getting a little bit nervous now...

On 11/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, Nyalimera said:

Hi there, I filed for my EAD combo card renewal around 14 days ago but haven’t heard anything from them yet, no case number, no nothing. Should I get worried? Usually USICS is quick on sending out those case numbers which is why I’m getting a little bit nervous now...

not anything to get nervous about. Sometimes it takes longer as USCIS is slow

duh

Timeline
On 11/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, Nyalimera said:

It’s been a week for me. And I am worried too because I don’t have any other copy of the paper with barcode that they said we ought to use for renewal. Good luck for us hopefully we heard from them soon! The holiday might slow them down even more other than the covid issue

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, V-Kris said:

It’s been a week for me. And I am worried too because I don’t have any other copy of the paper with barcode that they said we ought to use for renewal. Good luck for us hopefully we heard from them soon! The holiday might slow them down even more other than the covid issue

Yeah, seems like we’re sitting in the same boat! I’ve found a good job which I like to keep, this is my main concern especially because I know things can take their time. I would hate to drop out of work just because I’m waiting on my renewal... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.