CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Nyalimera said:

Yeah, seems like we’re sitting in the same boat! I’ve found a good job which I like to keep, this is my main concern especially because I know things can take their time. I would hate to drop out of work just because I’m waiting on my renewal... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Me too! I am going to start tomorrow! We are just going to wait for the noa. The noa will state that the last ead is automatically extended for 180 days while waiting for the new ones. So we will see. Maybe after thanksgiving they will start to send out noa. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, V-Kris said:

Me too! I am going to start tomorrow! We are just going to wait for the noa. The noa will state that the last ead is automatically extended for 180 days while waiting for the new ones. So we will see. Maybe after thanksgiving they will start to send out noa. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Aweee, we got this!!!

Small update: I just got my notifications via text and email that I’ll be receiving my notices in the mail in the next few days and also both of my case numbers are starting with IOE which is a good thing as far as I read on the forum, correct? 🙌🏻

Timeline
14 hours ago, Nyalimera said:

Aweee, we got this!!!

Small update: I just got my notifications via text and email that I’ll be receiving my notices in the mail in the next few days and also both of my case numbers are starting with IOE which is a good thing as far as I read on the forum, correct? 🙌🏻

Awesome!!! Hope to hearing mine soon’ 

I don’t know about the case number though lol 

maybe the other friends can help 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Nyalimera said:

I’d appreciate any input on this one! Also my status of my pending I-485 changed today from “Interview ready to be scheduled” to “Interview cancelled”. I wonder what I should expect from now? 🙈 I’m in Dallas, TX btw if that helps.

Edited by Nyalimera

Timeline
On 11/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, Nyalimera said:

Aweee, we got this!!!

Update. I got the text message with my IOE case number!!! Yay 

Timeline
2 hours ago, V-Kris said:

Omg, congratulations! Glad to hear that your renewal request finally got a case number. 🙌🏻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/24/2020 at 6:46 PM, V-Kris said:

Hi! Did you also file for AP? How long until you got the info for your case number? Thanks

Timeline
13 hours ago, yesplease2020 said:

Hi! Did you also file for AP? How long until you got the info for your case number? Thanks

Yes I did. About 2 weeks after the documents delivered to their PO Box sent from USPS. 

On 10/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, Steelers11 said:

Hello! As far as the case status, there is no change, it still says "Interview Was Scheduled".  I had to call several times to ensure the interview was rescheduled and that we won't be tagged as "no-shows".  I added the extra measure of writing to them and I got a reply back via email to say they will look to reschedule within the next 90 days or so.

I hope that helps!  I will let you know once I receive another schedule for interview, thanks!

Hello everyone! I hope you guys have had a good Thanksgiving weekend!  Just wanted to update you all that our interview was rescheduled for today in Charlotte and we got the notice almost immediately after the interview (about 20 mins) that the "New card is being produced".  It went pretty smoothly from cancelling the first appointment to having it rescheduled... I did the EAD/AP renewals and got the NOA1s for those as well but I don't think we are going to need them.  Thank you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge... I hope to keep in touch all the way to removal of conditions, which would be our next step in 2 years.   Hoping to receive the card soon-- what has been the time frame recently?  Thanks y'all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Weve been waiting for an interview since March 2020.  We recently closed on a house together and changed our address with USCIS the begining of Nov.  Our case status updated again to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview".  Is that normal? 

2nd, We plan to bring for proof of relationship.

1. Warranty deed for house

2. Joint bank account statement

3. Joint investment account statement

4. Beneficary list for my 401k

5. Joint tax return for 2019 ( no transcripts yet)

6. Car insurance with her listed as my spouse (Doesnt drive, yet)

7. Joint credit card statemenrs (4 of them)

8.  Insurance info for medical + dental (She is a beneficary of my insurance from work)

Now, I dont know exactly what else im supposed to bring.  do i bring  a copy of the I485 also?  And a new affidavit of support? All previous NOA documents?

I know a updated letter from my employer + 1 month of paystubs, and maybe her paystubs +letter as well.

Trying to get things organzied a little.. In the move... Some things got mixed and moved. 

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Timeline
On 12/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, Russel1995 said:

Weve been waiting for an interview since March 2020.  We recently closed on a house together and changed our address with USCIS the begining of Nov.  Our case status updated again to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview".  Is that normal? 

Yes, that's pretty normal! We moved back to the Dallas area in September after living in Houston for a year and I was in the same situation. Once you submit your new address, it'll cancel it and then change it back to ready, where the waiting game continues. Unfortunately mine updated to "Interview cancelled" 14 days ago... I assume it's because of COVID but I haven't received anything in the mail yet so I can't say more to that. x.x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/6/2020 at 7:57 PM, Russel1995 said:

2nd, We plan to bring for proof of relationship.

1. Warranty deed for house

2. Joint bank account statement

3. Joint investment account statement

4. Beneficary list for my 401k

5. Joint tax return for 2019 ( no transcripts yet)

6. Car insurance with her listed as my spouse (Doesnt drive, yet)

7. Joint credit card statemenrs (4 of them)

8.  Insurance info for medical + dental (She is a beneficary of my insurance from work)

Now, I dont know exactly what else im supposed to bring.  do i bring  a copy of the I485 also?  And a new affidavit of support? All previous NOA documents?

I know a updated letter from my employer + 1 month of paystubs, and maybe her paystubs +letter as well.

Trying to get things organzied a little.. In the move... Some things got mixed and moved. 

It looks like you have more evidence than what I presented for my interview. 

But don't forget to include some pictures documenting the whole period before your interview. 

You will be fine. 

As far as I can tell and in my experience, the officers are looking for reasons to approve not deny. 

Just present your relationship and you will be fine. 

Timeline

Received my Green Card in the mail today. After almost two years, my journey of waiting for my gc has come to an end. I have become a permanent resident od the US as of Dec 2,2020.

I wanna use this opportunity to wish all those waiting for their green card or EAD best of luck. 

The process is frustrating but never give up on hope,for your moment will surely come. 

I will still hang around and I know most of us will cross path in 3 years time if all things been possible. 

Once again best of luck to those waiting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bluewaters said:

Received my Green Card in the mail today. After almost two years, my journey of waiting for my gc has come to an end. I have become a permanent resident od the US as of Dec 2,2020.

I wanna use this opportunity to wish all those waiting for their green card or EAD best of luck. 

The process is frustrating but never give up on hope,for your moment will surely come. 

I will still hang around and I know most of us will cross path in 3 years time if all things been possible. 

Once again best of luck to those waiting.

Congrats!!!! My interview is next week. So excited! 

FO: Manhattan, NYC

11/06/2019: Priority Date
12/04/2019: Bio
01/2X/2020: "Ready Schedule Interview"
02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved

Interview Date: pending

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Edict1113 said:

Congrats!!!! My interview is next week. So excited! 

Thank you. Wishing you the best of luck. Everything will go well for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.