CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

We just got notice that our interview for our I485 was completed and our case must be reviewed.  What's really strange is that my wife has not had an interview nor has she received any notice to schedule one.  How is this even possible?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Some additional info - couldn't edit my post:

The notice is quite confusing since it states

Your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment.

They mention having photos or fingerprints taken, yet she completed all of this back in December of 2019.  

Has anyone else received this type of notice?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

@Akhilleuss I'm glad! Praying you come back with good news in the following weeks. Health & happiness to you and your family -- Valentines Day is coming up so be excited for that! We're going Go-Karting because I've never been and im excited! 😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, crickets said:

@Akhilleuss I'm glad! Praying you come back with good news in the following weeks. Health & happiness to you and your family -- Valentines Day is coming up so be excited for that! We're going Go-Karting because I've never been and im excited! 😄

Thank you, appreciate that! You will have a lot of fun, go-kart is very nice activity. Happy Valentine’s Day!

On 2/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, Ackster said:

We just got notice that our interview for our I485 was completed and our case must be reviewed.  What's really strange is that my wife has not had an interview nor has she received any notice to schedule one.  How is this even possible?

sounds potentially like you might be getting an interview waiver, or it could just be a glitch in the system. All you can do is continue to wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hey ya'll! ❤️ My AOS interview is coming up on Tuesday and was wondering if anyone could share some insides on what paperwork and evidence was brought to the interview? I received a list with my interview notice but I'm still organizing it and thought I'd ask for some input. Also, do I need to bring any original documents or are copy enough? This wasn't clear to me. 🙈

Hopefully the office in the Dallas area stays open considering the weather conditions! I haven't received any update about them cancelling the interview yet, so we're going!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nyalimera said:

Hey ya'll! ❤️ My AOS interview is coming up on Tuesday and was wondering if anyone could share some insides on what paperwork and evidence was brought to the interview? I received a list with my interview notice but I'm still organizing it and thought I'd ask for some input. Also, do I need to bring any original documents or are copy enough? This wasn't clear to me. 🙈

Hopefully the office in the Dallas area stays open considering the weather conditions! I haven't received any update about them cancelling the interview yet, so we're going!

Hi there! Our interview got waived but we were asked to send evidence via mail. We sent:

Tax returns

bank statements

Three affidavits from friends and family 

an album with every day pictures

our wedding album

lease with both names on it

vet bill with both our names

copy of DL showing same address

guest cards to our wedding

copy of random mail coming to our house for both of us

health and car insurance

We also organized them into three exhibits:

1) proof of cohabitation 

2) proof of financial comingling

3) proof of insurance

We were approved two weeks after! Good luck

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Hi there! Our interview got waived but we were asked to send evidence via mail. We sent:

Tax returns

bank statements

Three affidavits from friends and family 

an album with every day pictures

our wedding album

lease with both names on it

vet bill with both our names

copy of DL showing same address

guest cards to our wedding

copy of random mail coming to our house for both of us

health and car insurance

We also organized them into three exhibits:

1) proof of cohabitation 

2) proof of financial comingling

3) proof of insurance

We were approved two weeks after! Good luck

Thank you for sharing, it's much appreciated! Love how you organized it. 🙏

Timeline
Just now, Nyalimera said:

Thank you for sharing, it's much appreciated! Love how you organized it. 🙏

Thanks! I tend to think before hand and I knew we might be nervous during the interview, so I thought about a way that would make things easier to find in case we were required to. We also put a side tab on each document, and we had a cover letter in the binder stating what was where, again, for organizational purposes. We had prepared two binders: one with original and the other one with copies. Of course, when we mailed it we only mailed the one with copies. They returned everything except for the wedding album. Glad that in this day and age we have digital copies!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
On 2/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, ra0010 said:

Thanks! I tend to think before hand and I knew we might be nervous during the interview, so I thought about a way that would make things easier to find in case we were required to. We also put a side tab on each document, and we had a cover letter in the binder stating what was where, again, for organizational purposes. We had prepared two binders: one with original and the other one with copies. Of course, when we mailed it we only mailed the one with copies. They returned everything except for the wedding album. Glad that in this day and age we have digital copies!

Love it! This definitely helped me organize everything. :3

Unfortunately the weather conditions in Texas have not gotten any better and the field office in Dallas has been closed since Tuesday (Monday was President Day and they were closed anyway) and not going to be opening until Thursday as it seems like. So we weren't able to have our interview as scheduled! Hopefully our interview gets rescheduled soon but we don't mind the wait since I have my renewed EAD combo card which is valid for another year. Be safe and stay warm ya'll! ❤️

Edited by Nyalimera

Timeline
4 hours ago, Nyalimera said:

Love it! This definitely helped me organize everything. :3

Unfortunately the weather conditions in Texas have not gotten any better and the field office in Dallas has been closed since Tuesday (Monday was President Day and they were closed anyway) and not going to be opening until Thursday as it seems like. So we weren't able to have our interview as scheduled! Hopefully our interview gets rescheduled soon but we don't mind the wait since I have my renewed EAD combo card which is valid for another year. Be safe and stay warm ya'll! ❤️

Oh no!!!! That’s bad!!! We live in WV and we are getting slammed by snow. I’m a teacher, and we’ve been having to teach remote after we just came back to in person learning☹️.

I’d keep collecting evidence, then. I’ll look into my binders tomorrow and I can send you a picture of our cover letter if you want me to.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
21 hours ago, ra0010 said:

Oh no!!!! That’s bad!!! We live in WV and we are getting slammed by snow. I’m a teacher, and we’ve been having to teach remote after we just came back to in person learning☹️.

I’d keep collecting evidence, then. I’ll look into my binders tomorrow and I can send you a picture of our cover letter if you want me to.

Yeah, it's finally getting better! Hopefully everything will be open by Monday, so I will hear from them about my rescheduled AOS interview. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'd definitely appreciate it and I will use this downtime to take another look at my folders, go over everything one more time. 🙈

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

It's been a very long time since I've posted here and quite a bit of stuff has happened (some good, others not so much 😅) but I wanted to give you all a status update

Biggest thing is that after having had my AOS interview almost 2 months ago, the status of my case finally switched on the 24th to "We ordered your new card" and yesterday it went to "Case was approved" I cannot tell you how much of a relief this was as my work permit had expired (dreadful situation) and I really thought I was in it for the long haul when it came to the waiting game, thinking I would be waiting a whole 120 days before anything happened. 

I did call up my congressman's office for help at the beginning of the month (they sent a congressional inquiry about a week later) as well as sent an e-request via the USCIS website and to this day my best bet is that the e-request got them going since it said I would hear an update on the 24th and I sure did haha 🤣

Don't lose hope folks! This has been such a long and arduous journey and with COVID messing everything up I really hope this is the worst that things will ever come to be... 

Good luck 🥰

Spoiler

🐇 Sent I-129F: 03/14/2019 

🐇 I-129F NOA1: 03/22/2019 (Received The 18th)

🐇 I-129F NOA2: 06/15/2019 (85 days)

🐇Case transferred to NVC & Case# assigned: 07/10/2019 (25 days) 

🐇 NVC left: 07/23/2019 

🐇 Consulate Received: 07/26/2019 (CEAC switched to ready on the 30th) 

🐇 Interview date: 08/05/2019 (Approved :D:wub:!!!) 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Russel1995 said:

Weve been waiting for an interview since March 2020.  We recently closed on a house together and changed our address with USCIS the begining of Nov.  Our case status updated again to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview".  Is that normal? 

2nd, We plan to bring for proof of relationship.

1. Warranty deed for house

2. Joint bank account statement

3. Joint investment account statement

4. Beneficary list for my 401k

5. Joint tax return for 2019 ( no transcripts yet)

6. Car insurance with her listed as my spouse (Doesnt drive, yet)

7. Joint credit card statemenrs (4 of them)

8.  Insurance info for medical + dental (She is a beneficary of my insurance from work)

Now, I dont know exactly what else im supposed to bring.  do i bring  a copy of the I485 also?  And a new affidavit of support? All previous NOA documents?

I know a updated letter from my employer + 1 month of paystubs, and maybe her paystubs +letter as well.

Trying to get things organzied a little.. In the move... Some things got mixed and moved. 

Hi, 

I have been waiting with my case status stuck at case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since 12/2019, I filed 10/2019. My life has been on hold ever since, can't go to school or anything important.  

Your question posted got me curious though, were you a co signer on your mortgage with your partner? My husband and I have been thinking about getting a house in my name, but because I don't have a green card yet, we are think I am not qualified. Can u kindly expand on your mortgage application process, like who is the main applicant and who is the cosigner, what immigration paper did they ask for? We really want to get our kids out our apartment and get a house where they can grow up as normal kids with space to play, pets and all that. I can't wait on that green card for that anymore. The wait is way too brutal. I appreciate you replying me on this matter. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.