dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2019

680 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

UPDATE: My husband and I (together with our dog) entered the US this past Friday September 27th.

Our flight arrived in Miami at 4am and during that time immigration was empty! It only took us 20 min for the immigration officer to  process my husband immigrant visa (IR1) as his package was all electronically.

We had a productive first weekend together in the US! Bought a car, got both a cell phone line, etc. Now looking for our permanent location where we want to live! (Our employer gave us 2 months of temporary housing here in Miami).

Attaching a pic of my dog and I during our flight to Miami!

Wishing everyone the best of luck! 

0BA3D7A6-0E66-42AB-A8F6-04FD28412463.jpeg

Awww... such a cute picture! Sending you lots of happiness as you settle in to your new life with your husband and sweet doggy! Wishing you all the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Blair86 said:

Visa approved today, everyone!!! So so happy. Thank you all for your support!

Did not need to have a new I-864 after all. Since my husband got a new job I thought we needed to do a new I-864 to show his new income etc (we were using assets to meet requirements) but it was overkill apparently. I advised that he got a new job and that I had the job offer letter with me but the officer didn’t need it. He asked questions of how we met, how many people were at the wedding, what my husband does for a living and where we are going to live and made small talk. Whole thing felt more like a conversation really. 

Glad to be done. Feel free to ask me any other questions!

Great news! Congrats! Your long journey is just about over!

Exciting news. 

Oct 1st - DQ'd 
Oct 2nd - Email about interview being cancelled. (I know this is normal) 

I expedited when I got a case number got the answer the day before my fees were processed. It was with conditions that I finish uploading documents. 

Slowly but surely. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

3 minutes ago, JMPM said:

Exciting news. 

Oct 1st - DQ'd 

I expedited when I got a case number got the answer the day before my fees were processed. It was with conditions that I finish uploading documents. 

Slowly but surely. 

Your interview being cancelled is exciting? I'm confused.

I sent NVC an email on October 1st, about possibly expediting my husband's case to get an interview sooner. They replied today that they are reviewing the request and that it's up to the embassy to approve or deny the request.

Hopefully me being high risk pregnancy is a valid enough of a reason. I have a scheduled C-section in March 2020 but since I just had a baby in January I am high risk of going in to preterm labor. I hope that's enough of a reason to expedite it. I need my husband home when I go into labor because I won't be able to do anything on my own after surgery.

Edited by MrsGarcia

1 minute ago, MrsGarcia said:

Your interview being cancelled is exciting? I'm confused.

There was never one scheduled. It's the process when things are moving along when an expedite was approved. When it's expedited NVC doesn't schedule it. You schedule it. Basically you gotta check on an different website when there's an available appointment. Which is Manila there's plenty of slots available, but at some embassies it might be a double edge sword if it's busy it might be possible to find a slot, but you could always check and check to see whats open. Another VJ user stated he had to wait a month almost anyways because Manila was busy during that time of the year. I am sure Summer Internships J-1 really keep the embassy busy during that time. 

cTK2InT.png

1 minute ago, MrsGarcia said:

I sent NVC an email about possibly expediting my husband's case to get an interview sooner.

Hopefully me being high risk pregnancy is a valid enough of a reason. I have a scheduled C-section in March 2020 but since I just had a baby in January I am high risk of going in to preterm labor. I hope that's enough of a reason to expedite it. I need my husband home when I go into labor because I won't be able to do anything on my own after surgery.

Well I hope it goes through. 

02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

20 minutes ago, JMPM said:

There was never one scheduled. It's the process when things are moving along when an expedite was approved. When it's expedited NVC doesn't schedule it. You schedule it. Basically you gotta check on an different website when there's an available appointment. Which is Manila there's plenty of slots available, but at some embassies it might be a double edge sword if it's busy it might be possible to find a slot, but you could always check and check to see whats open. Another VJ user stated he had to wait a month almost anyways because Manila was busy during that time of the year. I am sure Summer Internships J-1 really keep the embassy busy during that time. 

cTK2InT.png

Well I hope it goes through. 

Really? Even when it's for an IR1 visa. So if I get approved for the expedited request, we have to schedule it?

4 minutes ago, MrsGarcia said:

Really? Even when it's for an IR1 visa. So if I get approved for the expedited request, we have to schedule it?

Yes. That's what I was told.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, JMPM said:

Exciting news. 

Oct 1st - DQ'd 

Slowly but surely. 

Congrats!!

Can I ask you expedited?

Hi Guys! My husband has an interview on tuesday morning. Few hours ago, i have received a message from embassy asking about my 2018 irs transcript. When i requested it online, its says i have to wait 5-10 days to get an activation code. I cant wait so many days, i need it urgently. What can i do with it? Please help. Im so nervous

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shahzoda said:

Hi Guys! My husband has an interview on tuesday morning. Few hours ago, i have received a message from embassy asking about my 2018 irs transcript. When i requested it online, its says i have to wait 5-10 days to get an activation code. I cant wait so many days, i need it urgently. What can i do with it? Please help. Im so nervous

Call the IRS. I've been told they can fax them to you . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.